IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 39.
#101 8 years ago

Lean down way low when you shoot that shot without lock lit. The vuk fires as soon as the ball hits the entrance opto. I swear that this didn't happen on the old code.

I like it, but I was going nuts thinking that something was wrong after I reattached the demon head.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Got my girlfriend to paint my demon head.
Before
image.jpeg
After
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Looks awesome! I wish someone would commission to repaint some of these for us less artistic pinheads.

#103 8 years ago

I shot two balls in genes head at almost the same time and they got locked up in there...looks like I will finally have to open her up to get them out. Weak sauce.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I shot two balls in genes head at almost the same time and they got locked up in there...looks like I will finally have to open her up to get them out. Weak sauce.

That is the only issue I'm having with this machine. How can this be fixed?

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Got my girlfriend to paint my demon head.
Before
image.jpeg
After
image.jpeg image.jpeg

It's amazing how shittily painted the stock head is on this game. I believe Stern even sent some heads back because they were not even painted correctly.

Rob

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Quoted from finnflash:

That is the only issue I'm having with this machine. How can this be fixed?

Stern is going to have to look at this. It seems to be happening with everyone. It's also the only issue I'm having.

#107 8 years ago

Does anyone think we see a new code update before the end of the month?

Rob

#108 8 years ago

I'm trying to work this out and it's killing me. Can't even get it to happen with glass off, but it DOES happen..
Sometimes at the plunge, the left ramp arrow is flashing fast and if I hit it then collect the lite bumper shot at the inlane, ALL the band members at the right loop are then lit at once and catman can be got with one shot. It feels like some sort of super skill shot like on Metallica but I can't replicate it. Anyone know what's going on here?

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone think we see a new code update before the end of the month?
Rob

My distributor said at least by thanksgiving but that was complete speculation. I'm hopeful we get one this week. Would be great as I'm ready to start playing it. Just been having fun shooting around, modding etc.

#110 8 years ago

I have heard an update around halloween.
This game needs a decent update...

#111 8 years ago

Too little too late for me and I'm out of the club. I still like KISS, but in its current form it's just not a keeper for me. KISS has fantastic art, good music, poor/missing sound effects and just mediocre rules at the moment. I would say the code is about 50% done by my estimate. I also should have known better than to buy this game especially when LR was the programmer.

Rob

#112 8 years ago

So I installed orange superbands on my KISS...I've never used them before but the pin is so colorful I thought it'd compliment it well.

Looks great but the bands on the slingshots are so frickin tight they dont fire as much as they did with the stock bands...Before I go monkeying with the leafs to make them more sensitive...Any suggestions I should consider?

Thanks

#113 8 years ago

I put red superbands on my flippers.

#114 8 years ago

For the Kiss Army....Ace finally got to meet me!

ted_and_ace.jpgted_and_ace.jpg

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I put red superbands on my flippers.

did you not put them on the slings for any particular reason?

#116 8 years ago

I replaced all the rubbers with Titan Silicone Rings and for the flippers I prefer Super Bands.

#117 8 years ago

We need more code. LG multiball is too easy and you can get it again after a few shots? Also need more songs. Already bored with the few on there.

This game has great potential, but need improved code.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

We need more code. LG multiball is too easy and you can get it again after a few shots? Also need more songs. Already bored with the few on there.

Ya, true dis. I need the multipliers to be a skill achievement rather than a mystery scoop award.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I'm glad its easy to start as actually finishing it seems almost impossible ..2 times in 600 games

#120 8 years ago

Was really hoping for code for Halloween. It's been over two months now I believe. Bummer.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Looks awesome! I wish someone would commission to repaint some of these for us less artistic pinheads.

I paint all kinds of pinball plastics, see my multiple threads in the modding / topper section. Sparkys , well walkers, BSD village , stnng ships, MB figures, AF stuff, whomobiles......etc . I would be glad to help

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I paint all kinds of pinball plastics, see my multiple threads in the modding / topper section. Sparkys , well walkers, BSD village , stnng ships, MB figures, AF stuff, whomobiles......etc . I would be glad to help

I'd be willing to send you Gene, but can you post photos of an example?

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Was really hoping for code for Halloween. It's been over two months now I believe. Bummer.

You can't go by what others say on here, especially when it comes to code. I don't think even Stern knows when code will be released. I hope they make some features actually earn-able instead of just being random awards from the backstage pass. Something like super ramps could light after so many ramp combos for example. Super jets would light after so many jet bumper hits....

Rob

#124 8 years ago

I've finally been able to put some time on my LE…this game is in need of a code update.

Reminds me of when Star Trek first came out.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I've finally been able to put some time on my LE…this game is in need of a code update.
Reminds me of when Star Trek first came out.

Yeah, its just something to bang around on right now. You cant really 'play it' yet...Still fun but in very early code stage for sure.

#126 8 years ago

Just made some new cards for the game. Mine will be here this week!
kisscards.pngkisscards.png

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

kisscards.png

Nice work. Love the free play ticket art

#128 8 years ago

Thanks! Im hoping it fits as I have never had the new spike, and not sure if they changed the dimensions on the cards.

#129 8 years ago

For anyone who has installed the Cliffy on the scoop, is yours getting beat up too?

Mine is just taking a beating…better the Cliffy than the play field.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

For anyone who has installed the Cliffy on the scoop, is yours getting beat up too?
Mine is just taking a beating…better the Cliffy than the play field.

My Cliffy took a heinous beating after only a few games, plus the shot was almost impossible. I installed a Mantis instead.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Thanks! Very nice!

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My Cliffy took a heinous beating after only a few games, plus the shot was almost impossible. I installed a Mantis instead.

Yeah, the cliffy does make the scoop shot A LOT more difficult to make.

Rob

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Too little too late for me and I'm out of the club. I still like KISS, but in its current form it's just not a keeper for me. KISS has fantastic art, good music, poor/missing sound effects and just mediocre rules at the moment. I would say the code is about 50% done by my estimate. I also should have known better than to buy this game especially when LR was the programmer.
Rob

I left the club too, for the same reasons. In a year, after a few more code updates, it could turn into an overall excellent game. But none of this should have been a surprise - and I have no regrets being a (former) owner.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My Cliffy is getting beat also and I have way too many rejects. How's the mantis working? I'm considering switching but the Mantis leaves too much wood exposed. I feel it won't protect as well as the Cliffy.

#135 8 years ago

Any word on the next code update?

There's a great game there…just need the code to unleash it.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

My Cliffy is getting beat also and I have way too many rejects. How's the mantis working? I'm considering switching but the Mantis leaves too much wood exposed. I feel it won't protect as well as the Cliffy.

the Mantis is working good, but quite a lot more rejects after I installed it. Makes the shot a real challenge which is ok by me. Just make sure that it is installed tightly to the front of the hole. I had to re-adjust mine to be tighter. Zero wear on the wood though.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

the Mantis is working good, but quite a lot more rejects after I installed it. Makes the shot a real challenge which is ok by me. Just make sure that it is installed tightly to the front of the hole. I had to re-adjust mine to be tighter. Zero wear on the wood though.

have some pictures?

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

have some pictures?

Mudflaps, any reports on that mantis protector?

1 week later
#139 8 years ago

well, looks like another GOT code update...Really hoping for a KISS update this week...

#140 8 years ago

Code for a game that has not yet been produced,really hope kiss not not end up neglected

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Code for a game that has not yet been produced,really hope kiss not not end up neglected

Nope. There is a huge update coming soon.

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I hope so! It's been a very long wait for the game code to really get past the state of initial release. Some stuff needs to be changed like making super modes earned, not random freebies. Plus, Lonnie really needs to do more than light a pattern of shots in a song and have it score points. He did that same shit with Star Trek missions and it turned a lot of players off because the missions felt boring to some. He didn't even finish, let alone fix ST. That says something in itself. Maybe someone else finishes KISS...??

Rob

#143 8 years ago

It would also be nice if they would add attract mode radio to kiss like Ac/dc and Metallica have. From the factory kiss has the best sound( with out changing speakers or adding a sub) with the new spike system and you can't play the songs without starting the game.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Sweet. Any hints?

#145 8 years ago

Were do you get the sticks to update the code?

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Mudflaps, any reports on that mantis protector?

Here's the Mantis after moderate home play. My Cliffy is pretty beat up but the scoop seems to be holding up okay. A few rejected shots but not as many as the Cliffy.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#147 8 years ago

Also, I highly recommend Comet pinball purple passion lights behind the drop targets. Awesome-o!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here's the Mantis after moderate home play. My Cliffy is pretty beat up but the scoop seems to be holding up okay. A few rejected shots but not as many as the Cliffy.
image.jpg

Thanks, I slipped my cliffy under my play field protector and it plays beautifully now

#149 8 years ago

Question so I don't do any damage...what is process to remove Gene head? I have cover decal to install on spinner disc. Aside from that considering the bad rap this game had on announcement, I think it was a mistake! I'm amazed by the play here, one of my faves now for sure.

#150 8 years ago

You don't have to remove genes head to put the spinning disc decal on. The whole assembly will unplug and un screw from below the play field. I installed one myself back in the summer and I have never taken the gene head apart since I have had the game. Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.