IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 39.
#1401 3 years ago

Awesome...Thanks Guinness!

1 week later
#1402 3 years ago

Hey!
I saw in a facebook-post from a european pinball place, a KISS (stern) pinball with color DMD. I know color DMD has not been released, but it was colorized.
I cant remember the name of the place or the poster, but I wondered if anyone knows of some colorization of Kiss? Pin2DMD or similar?

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

a KISS (stern) pinball with color DMD

Gimme some of that color! Looking forward to it...

#1404 3 years ago

So I noticed the wire inlanes (the left side) on my Kiss Pro are getting loose. They move a bit if you try to wiggle them. I placed wood on top and lightly tapped them in. That worked for awhile, but now they are loose again.

I'm thinking I need to really give it a good whack, but wanted to see if anyone had done this and if they had any tips, words of wisdom, caution, etc.

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

So I noticed the wire inlanes (the left side) on my Kiss Pro are getting loose. They move a bit if you try to wiggle them. I placed wood on top and lightly tapped them in. That worked for awhile, but now they are loose again.
I'm thinking I need to really give it a good whack, but wanted to see if anyone had done this and if they had any tips, words of wisdom, caution, etc.

Can ya post a vid?

#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Can ya post a vid?

Sure I'll post tonight.

#1409 3 years ago

So I just looked underneath my playfield and there is actually nothing holding those guides in place under the playfield other than friction (small hole, larger gauge wire rod). I found that interesting because almost everything else is held into place with either screws, standard bolts and nuts or t-nuts.

You mentioned tapping the guide back down. I don’t know if yours has moved out of their original holes at all, but it appears that when properly seated, the ends of the rods are flush with the bottom of the playfield. So yeah, if they are halfway through the playfield plywood the first thing I would do is tap both ends back in to see if the guide snugs back up with no play in the guide.

If for some reason the holes have just worn a little and now there is some play in there, my first thought would be to try some sort of shim, like (a sliver of) a toothpick to get the metal rods to snug back into those holes. Other than that, IDK, something to fill the dead space like wood glue?

Best of luck!

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

So I just looked underneath my playfield and there is actually nothing holding those guides in place under the playfield other than friction (small hole, larger gauge wire rod). I found that interesting because almost everything else is held into place with either screws, standard bolts and nuts or t-nuts.
You mentioned tapping the guide back down. I don’t know if yours has moved out of their original holes at all, but it appears that when properly seated, the ends of the rods are flush with the bottom of the playfield. So yeah, if they are halfway through the playfield plywood the first thing I would do is tap both ends back in to see if the guide snugs back up with no play in the guide.
If for some reason the holes have just worn a little and now there is some play in there, my first thought would be to try some sort of shim, like (a sliver of) a toothpick to get the metal rods to snug back into those holes. Other than that, IDK, something to fill the dead space like wood glue?
Best of luck!

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll give it a go and report back.

Pretty much what I was thinking except no shim. There really isn't alot of play, so I don't think I fit a shim. I might try some chair glue and then tap it down with more force this time.

#1411 3 years ago

Yup, I had the same problem, I dabbed a drop of original gorilla glue on the bottom and reseated them and they have been fine ever since. Don't overdue it as gorilla glue is an expanding glue, so it would over flow onto playfield and you will have to pick away the excess. You can also wrap some tap around it once and then reseat. Hope that helps.

#1412 3 years ago

Anyone know what these 9” figures are worth?

44C5587D-3F6B-4D91-9BC4-3DDEB7431D18 (resized).jpeg44C5587D-3F6B-4D91-9BC4-3DDEB7431D18 (resized).jpeg
#1413 3 years ago

Those Monster figures aren't the most desirable ones. Id say around $75.

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Those Monster figures aren't the most desirable ones. Id say around $75.

Maybe less being opened.

#1415 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Maybe less being opened.

Yep, unfortunately.

#1416 3 years ago

If anyone is interested, let me know!

#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Yup, I had the same problem, I dabbed a drop of original gorilla glue on the bottom and reseated them and they have been fine ever since. Don't overdue it as gorilla glue is an expanding glue, so it would over flow onto playfield and you will have to pick away the excess. You can also wrap some tap around it once and then reseat. Hope that helps.

As a follow up in case anyone has the same problem. I looked under the playfield and I could see the play was at the top part of the ball guide (bottom with playfield up). I imagine it's from the ball hitting the top of the guide when bouncing off the slings.

I pushed a toothpick in, it didn't go in very far and used thin chair glue to set it. I just did this and will wait 12 hours for it to cure. It's already really tight. Back the way it should be. If this doesn't hold up, I'll try Gorilla glue as suggested.

Thanks for your help capguntrooper and @AAAV8R.

Also a big Thank You to AAAV8R for sending a replacement rubber disc. He sent it on his dime, too and wouldn't take anything for shipping. Thanks!

1 week later
#1418 3 years ago

Finally Joined the club!!

94038 (resized).jpeg94038 (resized).jpeg94040 (resized).jpeg94040 (resized).jpeg94042 (resized).jpeg94042 (resized).jpeg
#1419 3 years ago

I Played around 10 Games learning the shots. I guess I got dialed in pretty good. Made it to the Kiss Army!

20210322_221029 (resized).jpg20210322_221029 (resized).jpg20210322_221112 (resized).jpg20210322_221112 (resized).jpg
#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I Played around 10 Games learning the shots. I guess I got dialed in pretty good. Made it to the Kiss Army!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. The last code update made it easier for sure, but that's still a hell of an achievement, ESPECIALLY in 10 games.

#1421 3 years ago

Great machine. I am so glad to see it is finally getting it's due.
My wife and/or kids can determine market value when I'm dead .

#1422 3 years ago

Have a NIB Kiss topper. Trying to figure out value to list for sale. Seeing prices that are all over the place and looking for some feedback. Thanks. Only have one. Also have 5 new stern Kiss shooters and some art blades. Feed back on pricing appreciated.

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Have a NIB Kiss topper. Trying to figure out value to list for sale. Seeing prices that are all over the place and looking for some feedback. Thanks. Only have one. Also have 5 new stern Kiss shooters and some art blades. Feed back on pricing appreciated.

Crazy, but a few sold on ebay a few months ago for 2500 and 2800. I've been offered 1500 for my used one on my pro, but its not fr sale

#1425 3 years ago

Even as a seller, that seems ridiculous

#1426 3 years ago

Just want to let people know I have quite a few PMs and I’m going through them now and responding.

#1427 3 years ago

I’m going to list this again. Didn’t intend to start an ad that broke any rules so pulled the obo ad. I’ve gone back and forth on what to list it for. Looked at eBay and did a little more research after reading the posts here and was shocked at what they sold for. I’m going to put it at 1500 shipped insured and will put the box inside another box when packed. I’ll also add the shooter since I almost feel bad listing it this high. But I’m also not an idiot and like everyone else can use the funds. So, with a little bit of shame, it’s going into the market place now

#1428 3 years ago

Giovanni has always been a class act, and the fact that he could get more for the topper but chose not to-speaks volumes. You can be part of the problem or part of the solution
Fair market value or just being fair

-Hope all is well Gio (;

Now who has my HUO KISS pro they will sell to me?

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Giovanni has always been a class act, and the fact that he could get more for the topper but chose not to-speaks volumes. You can be part of the problem or part of the solution
Fair market value or just being fair
-Hope all is well Gio (;
Now who has my HUO KISS pro they will sell to me?

Nope, still not selling ya mine

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Nope, still not selling ya mine

Well hopefully someday I can find one, and if you do sell yours-I am first in line (:

Hoping Stern will surprise me and announce a vault edition this year? This game is screaming to be vaulted.

Cash in hand for HUO Pro-help a fellow pinsider round out his collection-(insert picture with puppies and tears)
KISS Gene (resized).pngKISS Gene (resized).png

1 week later
#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Wow. The last code update made it easier for sure, but that's still a hell of an achievement, ESPECIALLY in 10 games.

That's like my wife who got a two card Royal Flush the first time she played poker. Very impressive scores!

#1432 2 years ago

This is my favorite Borg layout by far, and also my fav Lyman rule set.
Everything in this game is just tuned perfectly.
Where's the color DMD? Seems odd no one has done this as of yet.

#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Everything in this game is just tuned perfectly.
Where's the color DMD? Seems odd no one has done this as of yet.

So as I understand it the concert footage has been the challenge....finding the exact footage to get the colors right is an issue. I do believe a best guess of colors could be done to make it look good and most would be happy but it will be a VERY time consuming project. Many of the games have been done by people that volunteered their time/effort. At some point I believe it will get done but no promises or timeline given on when. It’s definitely one of the most requested to be done.

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Lyman !!!??? i should have missed something... or not

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Lyman !!!??? i should have missed something... or not

Lyman fixed the rules and made them fun.

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

and than i should have forgotten that... (did i'm becoming old !? lol)

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Never heard that one before, I thought it was all Lonnie and his team. Regardless, the final huge code update they released at the end was a real game changer for this machine.

#1438 2 years ago

Does Lonnie still do code for Stern? His games are so terribly half baked at release. Thank God for Lyman.

2 weeks later
#1439 2 years ago

I am looking for someone to take pictures of my Lenticular cards installed in exchange for a free set. You must be located in the Continental US, and haven't received this offer from me before for other cards.

First person to respond IN THIS POST (not PM) will get the set.

These (and others) are available in my Pinside shop if you have interest and aren't the free recipient.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/05014-kiss-stern-lenticular-3d-apron-cards
Kiss.gifKiss.gif

Other designs in action can be seen here-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards

#1440 2 years ago

I'll take em!!

#1441 2 years ago

All yours!
PM me your snail mail address.

Thanks everyone!

#1442 2 years ago

Awesome thank you!

2 weeks later
#1444 2 years ago

My left flipper just started sticking in the up position. I initially thought it was the connection from the button and adjusted that, but no luck. I then cleaned the actuator and when I checked it while working on it, it did not stick and I thought all was well. But it continues to stick during play. Pressing the button has no effect and it eventually drops when it decides to. When I manually move the flipper, I can not duplicate the problem. Anyone else had this happen? What is my next step...replace the actuator?

#1445 2 years ago

Cant find many for sale in the marketplace. What does a nice KISS pro go for now? No topper/mods.

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from ucsbaviator:

My left flipper just started sticking in the up position. I initially thought it was the connection from the button and adjusted that, but no luck. I then cleaned the actuator and when I checked it while working on it, it did not stick and I thought all was well. But it continues to stick during play. Pressing the button has no effect and it eventually drops when it decides to. When I manually move the flipper, I can not duplicate the problem. Anyone else had this happen? What is my next step...replace the actuator?

It is most likely the coil stop, Sterns are known to have bad ones. I have had same issue and replacing coil stops fixed it.
Replace both while your at it.

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It is most likely the coil stop, Sterns are known to have bad ones. I have had same issue and replacing coil stops fixed it.
Replace both while your at it.

Perfect! Thanks for the advice...I just ordered one!

2 weeks later
#1448 2 years ago

Any body looking to sell their”s? Any model

#1449 2 years ago

Have re-emerged to location play over the last couple days and got more time on a local premium. Damn, this game is fun. Tight, rewarding shots and just cheeseball callouts. Dig it. How's it hold up at home? Get too repetitive or nah?

One thing I don't know, too, is if I was playing old code. What are the telltale gameplay signs of the last update?

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Have re-emerged to location play over the last couple days and got more time on a local premium. Damn, this game is fun. Tight, rewarding shots and just cheeseball callouts. Dig it. How's it hold up at home? Get too repetitive or nah?
One thing I don't know, too, is if I was playing old code. What are the telltale gameplay signs of the last update?

The city combos are a dead giveaway to updated code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Wanted
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
17,225 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/29?hl=pinball7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.