IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 39.
#1351 3 years ago

I was looking to sell my original Stern topper to someone. Does the new owner need to buy a splitter to power the topper as it appears to be wired into a common connector with other stuff. I'm not sure if Stern sold this connector with the topper? Thanks for your help.

C32021F0-5019-48DE-8FE9-7C11EE2FEC15 (resized).jpegC32021F0-5019-48DE-8FE9-7C11EE2FEC15 (resized).jpegC640980D-6D3C-48EC-9789-F4870FD58632 (resized).jpegC640980D-6D3C-48EC-9789-F4870FD58632 (resized).jpeg
#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I was looking to sell my original Stern topper to someone. Does the new owner need to buy a splitter to power the topper as it appears to be wired into a common connector with other stuff. I'm not sure if Stern sold this connector with the topper? Thanks for your help.[quoted image][quoted image]

You'd have to send me to the topper for me to know for sure.

#1353 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I was looking to sell my original Stern topper to someone. Does the new owner need to buy a splitter to power the topper as it appears to be wired into a common connector with other stuff. I'm not sure if Stern sold this connector with the topper? Thanks for your help.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nevermind, figured it out. Entire connector comes out as plugged into an extension cable.

9D79313A-6AC8-4710-A17B-EF4A1E5AC186 (resized).jpeg9D79313A-6AC8-4710-A17B-EF4A1E5AC186 (resized).jpeg
#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Anyone have a Kiss Premium for sale, LMK. Thanks!

I have a mint HUO LE for sale, asking $9k. Has a few mods best being the Gene Simmons Bass Guitar side rails

#1355 3 years ago

if i wasn't just getting one i would be in contact , if you list it it will go quick .. with topper even quicker

Quoted from cscmtp:I have a mint HUO LE for sale, asking $9k. Has a few mods best being the Gene Simmons Bass Guitar side rails

#1356 3 years ago

Bought my HUO Pro and after playing it for a few days realized I had old code on it. Think it was 1.28. I've installed the latest code. Is there a write up of the rulesfor the latest code? I've searched and cann't find anything.

If not, hoping someone can answer a few questions:

- on the old code, upon completion of a song all shots would flash and you would have a chance to hit one of the shots for 2x on that shot. That appears to be gone with the new code. Now when I complete the 1st song, 2x playfield is lit. Complete another song on one ball and it moves to 3x. Just want to make sure the original approach is no longer there.
- is there any other way to move up the multiplier? I read on this topic, one person's score was in the billions and he mentioned getting 10x playfield. How is that accomplished?
- I figured out how to light (at least flashing for now LOL): Star Child, Demon and Catman. How do you light Space Man? I see his insert on center ramp. I've hit that a ton and never got him flashing. Also, how is he completed?
- I figure completing Star Child and Demon is going to be getting a Super Jackbot on their MB modes. For Catman, it is a certain number of pop bumper hits?

Thanks!

#1358 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the special light on the right outlane doesn't do anything. It comes on during attract, so I know the light is working. Just checking that it never comes on or does anything during gameplay.

1 week later
#1359 3 years ago

problem solved . link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-diverter-not-working-#post-5986055

Quoted from jmountjoy111:Hey guys. Trying to wrap up my kiss le shop and the diverter doesn’t work. I’m linking the thread I + posted About it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-diverter-not-working-

#1360 3 years ago

Installed led speaker kits yesterday, looks good!

20201127_192930 (resized).jpg20201127_192930 (resized).jpg20201127_192936 (resized).jpg20201127_192936 (resized).jpg
#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Installed led speaker kits yesterday, looks good! [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks sharp. If only there was Color DMD for this game, then it would really be complete.

#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Looks sharp. If only there was Color DMD for this game, then it would really be complete.

A color DMD would be awesome!

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

A color DMD would be awesome!

I heard the crowd scenes are very hard to colorize.

#1364 3 years ago

Those looking for an original Stern KISS topper:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106536

These toppers are doing as well as Tesla shares

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ouch. Say what you want, but I'm only buying stern toppers and not the machines from now on.

#1366 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Ouch. Say what you want, but I'm only buying stern toppers and not the machines from now on.

Almost makes sense if you want to make a return on your investment.

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

At that price what would look better? A KISS topper or an original Bally Kiss machine right next to your Stern Kiss machine?

2 weeks later
#1368 3 years ago

After hearing the call outs on LZ, we are lucky we got real Gene call outs on this game

#1369 3 years ago

Hello, i have a Kiss Pro with Mods and with the new code beautiful to play. I love it

#1370 3 years ago

Anyone selling a KISS Pro to get LZ? I am still looking for one

Thanks in advance

#1371 3 years ago

Ok after googling around, the special being lit is supposed to be a back stage pass award. But after 500 games or so, still haven't seen it. Took glass off and activated backstage pass probably 50 or more times, never got a special as a reward. Can others confirm that the special light never actually lights?

1 week later
#1372 3 years ago

This is on ebay now, I may sell mine

Screenshot_20210105-183849_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210105-183849_eBay (resized).jpg
#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

This is on ebay now, I may sell mine
[quoted image]

For that price you could buy the original KISS pin and have it right next to your stern machine.

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from taxmaster:

Hello, i have a Kiss Pro with Mods and with the new code beautiful to play. I love it

I love the angle you were able to achieve in order to film the game play. Good job!

#1375 3 years ago

Kiss is the best playing machine in my collection,great flow

F109BF2F-7E8D-442F-BC6C-8593077EAED4 (resized).jpegF109BF2F-7E8D-442F-BC6C-8593077EAED4 (resized).jpeg
#1376 3 years ago

I sold me LE a few weeks ago. Hard to say goodbye...but every pin has its price.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Kiss is the best playing machine in my collection,great flow
[quoted image]

Just shipped mine 3000 miles and so happy it arrived in perfect condition (I bought it NIB). Fired her up and was blown away by the flow and how strong the new rules are. Just a great game...one of Borg's best IMHO.

IMG_3101 (resized).jpegIMG_3101 (resized).jpeg
#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just shipped mine 3000 miles and so happy it arrived in perfect condition (I bought it NIB). Fired her up and was blown away by the flow and how strong the new rules are. Just a great game...one of Borg's best IMHO.

Congrats on the purchase. I bought my HUO Pro on November 8th. I cann't stop playing it. I shopped it and added red silicon rubbers. Looks and plays great. The newest code is fantastic. The game is brutal. The rules are perfectly balanced the mini wizard modes are always within reach, but it's so punishing. The right ramp is a tight shot.

Great game! I love it and keep pressing play for just one more game.

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Congrats on the purchase. I bought my HUO Pro on November 8th. I cann't stop playing it. I shopped it and added red silicon rubbers. Looks and plays great. The newest code is fantastic. The game is brutal. The rules are perfectly balanced the mini wizard modes are always within reach, but it's so punishing. The right ramp is a tight shot.
Great game! I love it and keep pressing play for just one more game.

Not new...bought it when it was released in 2015. Happy I waited for the historic update which really saved it from being a "meh" game to being an awesome game (which rarely happens).

2 weeks later
#1380 3 years ago

Had a lovely 250 million SJ on Love Gun, and am wondering if it is possible to get higher?

I had Colosal, but unsure if any multipliers can max it out even higher?

#1381 3 years ago

I am looking to join the ARMY! I have no regrets and I am ready to pull the trigger with my trigger happy finger.

Anyone selling a HUO Pro please pm me
No regrets...gifNo regrets...gifNo regrets.pngNo regrets.png

#1382 3 years ago

Hi guys,

Joined the club today, and sure enough, after 5 games, the Deamon VUK is not kicking the ball anymore...

I guess I have to replace the associated transistor on the node board? I jumped its tab to ground and the coil fired.
Or is there something else?
First issue I have witrh a Spike system

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
Joined the club today, and sure enough, after 5 games, the Deamon VUK is not kicking the ball anymore...
I guess I have to replace the associated transistor on the node board? I jumped its tab to ground and the coil fired.

The only time I've had this happen it was just a loose wire on the coil. Soldered it back on, and good to go.

#1384 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The only time I've had this happen it was just a loose wire on the coil. Soldered it back on, and good to go.

No it's not that :-p
Coil fires when shorted

According to Stern, it's what I thought.
Now I have to identify the mosfet type and order it. Youhou...

Screenshot_20210121-210444_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210121-210444_Drive (resized).jpg
#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

No it's not that :-p
Coil fires when shorted
According to Stern, it's what I thought.
Now I have to identify the mosfet type and order it. Youhou...
[quoted image]

You check the cherry switch and the connections to it?

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

You check the cherry switch and the connections to it?

Yep switch is fine.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,

Checked all the optos?

They get dirty etc and all sorts of odd things happen with demon stuff.

2 weeks later
#1388 3 years ago

Rubber pad on spinner curling up:

IMG_20210210_140735 (resized).jpgIMG_20210210_140735 (resized).jpg

Of course, rubber adhesive-backed disk not found anywhere. :/ Not even at Marco.

Found these at my local home improvement store:

IMG_20210210_125115 (resized).jpgIMG_20210210_125115 (resized).jpg

Put my wife's Cricut machine to work and voila:

IMG_20210210_140641 (resized).jpgIMG_20210210_140641 (resized).jpg

A few strips of double-faced tape on one side of the rubber...

IMG_20210210_140552 (resized).jpgIMG_20210210_140552 (resized).jpg

And, good as new

IMG_20210210_140812 (resized).jpgIMG_20210210_140812 (resized).jpg

As you can see, I got 8 disks out of the two sheets of rubber. PM me if you want one (no cost).

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Rubber pad on spinner curling up:
[quoted image]
Of course, rubber adhesive-backed disk not found anywhere. :/ Not even at Marco.
Found these at my local home improvement store:
[quoted image]
Put my wife's Cricut machine to work and voila:
[quoted image]
A few strips of double-faced tape on one side of the rubber...
[quoted image]
And, good as new
[quoted image]
As you can see, I got 8 disks out of the two sheets of rubber. PM me if you want one (no cost).

Great job! But its a shame you have to invent ways to fix your game because Stern just wants you to buy their latest title.

#1390 3 years ago

Had KISS LE over 3 years and still haven't figured out how to remove Gene head!

Anyone know how to do it?

I want to clean the optos under the mouth as occasionally fail to register.

Thanks

#1391 3 years ago

the topper now is half the price the whole pro game was New in box then . crazy /

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Great job! But its a shame you have to invent ways to fix your game because Stern just wants you to buy their latest title.

This is a pretty slick fix....Pretty sure Stern has these in stock if you reach out to them. I replaced mine last year before the lock down... they did NOT have white Tron pads in stock...

I had to order through a distributor, but JJ and GameEx ordered it right up... hilariously the Stern guy:
- commented how many they had on the shelf (he counted 10)
- commented that no one EVER ordered these things
- and acted like the fact that the black pads goobered up the balls and playfield was ‘brand new information’
- offered no help or suggestions for said goobering....

The new pad seemed as bad as the original, so I have since followed CapGunTrooper’s suggestion about a polyvinyl sticker, that and replacing the rings with Red Titan rings has cleared up much of the messiness I was seeing.

#1393 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Pretty sure Stern has these in stock if you reach out to them

That's the problem, they don't respond. EVER. Several calls (always goes to VM)/emails/response form on website.....no responses. The attempted contacts were to tech support, sales, and parts.

Color me "not impressed".

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

That's the problem, they don't respond. EVER. Several calls (always goes to VM)/emails/response form on website.....no responses. The attempted contacts were to tech support, sales, and parts.

I remember years ago when I got into the hobby. I had no clue about the distributor network you need to go through to buy a machine. I used the same web form to make an inquiry....Crickets!

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

So sorry to hear that and stories like it here. My Stern experience has always been good. Pablo in support has been responsive for any question I’ve had on Beatles, AIQ, and SW, sending replacement parts as needed. I was also fortunate enough to speak to someone live in parts about the disc for KISS.

Regardless, your fix looks great, and I hope you report back about longevity and if made a difference on keeping the playfield, etc.. cleaner.

On a positive note and disc issues aside, this is a super fun game to play and I finally cracked a billion on my machine this weekend!

5E9F4646-6D8D-4646-AFC9-D8605B752DAE (resized).jpeg5E9F4646-6D8D-4646-AFC9-D8605B752DAE (resized).jpeg
#1396 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

So sorry to hear that and stories like it here. My Stern experience has always been good. Pablo in support has been responsive for any question I’ve had on Beatles, AIQ, and SW, sending replacement parts as needed. I was also fortunate enough to speak to someone live in parts about the disc for KISS.
Regardless, your fix looks great, and I hope you report back about longevity and if made a difference on keeping the playfield, etc.. cleaner.
On a positive note and disc issues aside, this is a super fun game to play and I finally cracked a billion on my machine this weekend! [quoted image]

you have the Paul speaker cover on backwards and sideways.

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

you have the Paul speaker cover on backwards and sideways.

That is a detailed observation! And appreciated! I remember only thinking about making sure the Star was upper left.

I will put it on my list for the next maintenance day...

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Well, hard to say about keeping the playfield cleaner. But, I can say it does “work” nice - the softer rubber has nice grip and spins/throws the ball out of that area, so it adds that extra bit of unpredictability and fun like the game was designed to do.

Now, on the note about the “clean” playfield.......to anyone interested........

I actually took all of the ramps and most of the plastics off so I could do a deep clean and wax. My machine has thousands of plays on it. When you looked at the playfield, you could clearly see the area where the ball is in play vs. the original shiny clear coat. Also very well defined ball tracks in the lanes. That bothered me a lot, so I started looking into the threads on this forum about playfield restoration. Most notably, Vid’s thread on playfield restoration. I found it funny that just like a lot of other topics, everyone had very strong feelings on products, and there was a lot of “never” do this or “always” use that. I have rarely found absolutes in life, and this project was no different.

I decided to use the Novus products, and I also ordered a set of round sponge and wool buffing/polishing pads off Amazon for my cordless drill. Some on the other forum said “never” use either. The Novus is an abrasive and will eat through the clear coat. The power drill will cause too much action and also eat through your clear coat in short order.

The Cliff’s Notes version is, as long as you treat each like indulgences in life - use in moderation - you can achieve great results without “damaging” the clear coat.

The reason that I ordered the rotary pads was I first tried the sponge pads from pinballlife that I got with the Novus for hand polishing. They probably work great for a maintained machine, but not for a deep clean/restoration project like I was doing. They didn’t make a dent.

I started out using the coarsest sponge pad and Novus 2. I worked a small area for a while and saw some improvement. But I was disappointed in the lack of results. Especially the ball tracks. They weren’t going anywhere. I started eyeing the Novus 3 bottle. The other thread was all like “oh dear God never use Novus 3 on clear coat!!!”

I picked up the bottle and looked at the back. Company HQ in St. Paul, near where I live. I decided to call and see if I could get someone to give me some advice. Not only did I get a person right away, but he was friendly and extremely knowledgeable and helpful. And yes, he was well aware of all of us pinball enthusiasts using the products for playfields.

So I asked him right off the bat - can I use Novus 3 on a playfield or will it chew through the clear coat? Without hesitation the answer was no, but it circled back to my point above about “moderation”. I think if you used a coarse enough sponge or other device and applied too much pressure, it would eat through the clear coat. I asked if these products were just made for plastic stuff like acrylic ramps and he said no that clear coat had acrylic in it. (I was embarrassed at my dumb question).

Anyways, he said using the #3, you were making a series of fine scratches that will get the bigger scratches worn down. Then you move on to the #2 which makes even finer scratches which are extremely fine, then move on to finish with the #1. Contrary to popular understanding, the #1 isn’t just a “cleaner” but actually has additives that fill and polish so that your finished product looks really shiny and nice.

I said, “I want to get it back to that factory, mirror-like finish”. He said, you’ll never be able to achieve that with ANY product. Looking at the playfield (or whatever you are working on, like a car) at an angle and in the right light you will always see the fine swirls from buffing the large scratches out.

I ended up working the vast majority of the playfied with #3 to get rid of ball tracks, ball swirls, and general clear coat clouding from what I believe are thousands of micro scratches in the clear coat in the general play area. I took my time, and just applied light pressure and kept re-checking the progress. I ended up getting “a lot” of the wear and tracks out. Not all of it, but this was a conscious decision by me. I didn’t want to “over-do it” and end up doing what everyone warned me not to do and eat deep into the clear coat or even the underlying paint.

I also did this with my clear ramps. They had that opaque area at the start of the ramp where a wide variety of angles entered, followed by ball tracks for the rest of the ramp/track. The #3 certainly made the opaque areas a lot less noticeable, and the ball tracks faded quite a bit. Just like the playfield, I followed up with the #2 and then polished with #1.

I also did flipper rebuilds, and changed out a ton of solenoid sleeves and parts to make sure everything was playing fast and strong.

Laid down two layers of Blitz. Made a conscious effort to really work the Blitz into the areas prone to ball tracks. Game now playing fast AF.

If anyone has any further questions about the work I did feel free to post either on this thread or PM me.

#1399 3 years ago

Hey all! I'm a fairly new pinball owner (and new to this site) and just learning about fixes and working on my pin. Thanks to the expertise here, I have already solved a few issues on my Kiss Pro. My latest issue that just started the other day is that the right sling isn't always reacting when the ball hits it...it works, but it seems it needs a sensitivity adjustment. How do I go about correcting this issue? Thanks!

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from ucsbaviator:

Hey all! I'm a fairly new pinball owner (and new to this site) and just learning about fixes and working on my pin. Thanks to the expertise here, I have already solved a few issues on my Kiss Pro. My latest issue that just started the other day is that the right sling isn't always reacting when the ball hits it...it works, but it seems it needs a sensitivity adjustment. How do I go about correcting this issue? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/28?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.