IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 39.
#1301 3 years ago

I think thundergod is correct. So if the switch is not registering it will not engage the diverter so you will never get LG multi to start.

#1302 3 years ago

Ok still working on a video but when I hit the star targets to light LG mb the diverter drops and right back up. If I drain before I hit the ramp and shoot the ball with LG mb lit the diverter drops and right back up so I’m assuming the problem is in the diverter hold portion. Thoughts on where to go

#1304 3 years ago

I don’t know why it’s such a poor video lol. I suck at phones apparently. Anyways hopefully you can see what I’m talking about. It goes down and then right back up. Both as I hit the star targets and then again as I plunge the ball. The coil is brand new as is the node board. The diverter will not drop at all in test mode.

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

pinball life sold their last one in stock for $900 3 yrs ago. so id say easily $1000 +

I may be able to let mine go for $1k US. PM if interested. Thanks.

#1306 3 years ago

I'm new to Pinside and and would appreciate any help I can get. I have a problem with the balls getting stuck in the demon lock. Not all the time but its happening more and more. The machine is searching for the balls and finally the error message comes up. I then have to turn the power off. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!
@pinsiders

Thanks

Brett

Post last edited 16 days ago.

#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from Cwbys1:

I'm new to Pinside and and would appreciate any help I can get. I have a problem with the balls getting stuck in the demon lock. Not all the time but its happening more and more. The machine is searching for the balls and finally the error message comes up. I then have to turn the power off. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!
@pinsiders
Thanks
Brett

I'm trying to help via memory (don't have the machine anymore), but HOW are they getting stuck?

- Do they enter the bottom, and the head doesn't recognize a ball is there? Or
- Does the head recognize it's there (on the bottom) and keeps trying to kick it up into the head, but fails? Or
- Are their multiple balls in the lock (the "locking works correctly") and the head just doesn't recognize it should spit them out?

That's Demon head is one of the worst designed devices. Lots of opto switch issues.

#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from Cwbys1:

@pinsiders
Thanks
Brett

there's a good chance its the plunger. there's an extra long plunger in the head that kicks the ball out. it's a two piece design that uses a roll pin to connect the pieces. the roll pin works it way out a bit and starts binding in the coil sleeve. Over time this just gets worse until it will no longer kick the ball out. I've seen this happen on two different machines.

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from Cwbys1:

@pinsiders
Thanks
Brett

First test the optos to makes sure they are all working. If the ball is getting stuck on the VUK then you could have a wire that needs soldered. Check that first as it’s easy to see. I know I had a wire come loose on the VUK, so the kick out just won’t work. If the VUK intermittently kicks out then I think the optos are the likely culprit.

#1310 3 years ago

After months of searching for a premium I scored this sweet NIB KISS LE.....feels great to finally join the KISS ARMY! Couldn’t be any happier with this pin, plays like a dream with the new code installed. Check another one off the wish list ✔️

B729C94E-7F65-4376-B21D-0D644D750340 (resized).jpegB729C94E-7F65-4376-B21D-0D644D750340 (resized).jpegFEDB39D7-E008-4697-B824-48EF2E9C2A1F (resized).jpegFEDB39D7-E008-4697-B824-48EF2E9C2A1F (resized).jpeg
#1311 3 years ago

Congrats. Nice topper!

#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Congrats. Nice topper!

Thanks, topper was the wife’s idea haha

#1313 3 years ago

Got our Pro about a week and a half ago. Loving the game so far. But, it might have been an early pro. As we are getting the rubber marks, which I believe are coming from the spinning disc under Gene's head. Reading back through this topic it seemed like some put a sticker on the disc to alleviate this issue. And some cleaned the disc with alcohol. What's the best suggestion. If using a sticker, wouldn't that affect the traction of the ball and reduce the effect of the disc. Any advice would be appreciated.

#1314 3 years ago

Anyone trying to sell a pro?

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Got our Pro about a week and a half ago. Loving the game so far. But, it might have been an early pro. As we are getting the rubber marks, which I believe are coming from the spinning disc under Gene's head. Reading back through this topic it seemed like some put a sticker on the disc to alleviate this issue. And some cleaned the disc with alcohol. What's the best suggestion. If using a sticker, wouldn't that affect the traction of the ball and reduce the effect of the disc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Personally I like the sticker as it prevents a sling shot right down the middle sometimes. The sticker gives me almost a full second to nudge as the plain rubber is launched straight down middle sometimes

#1316 3 years ago

Anyone care to check the reading on the coil for the diverter for me?

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Personally I like the sticker as it prevents a sling shot right down the middle sometimes. The sticker gives me almost a full second to nudge as the plain rubber is launched straight down middle sometimes

Thanks, any suggestions on where to pickup some round kiss stickers. I really like the rock and roll over I saw someone put in their disc. But, I'm not finding anything when I google.

#1318 3 years ago

Thanks, any suggestions on where to pickup some round kiss stickers. I really like the rock and roll over I saw someone put in their disc. But, I'm not finding anything when I google.

Use any laminate or print shop sticker really, You will never see that sticker under there. You could have a AC/DC sticker under there and no one would know.

#1319 3 years ago

Thanks. Even though you can't see it, I still want it to be on theme. So I ordered a rock and roll over sticker from ebay. It's slightly bigger radius, so will need to be trimmed. Hopefully this does the trick, while still getting some spin from the disc.

#1320 3 years ago

Thanks. Even though you can't see it, I still want it to be on theme. So I ordered a rock and roll over sticker from ebay. It's slightly bigger radius, so will need to be trimmed. Hopefully this does the trick, while still getting some spin from the disc.

I used the laminate that capguntrooper suggested and it really reduced the black mess that spinning disc gives off. You will never see whatever covering is on the disc, so theme really doesn't matter. I just choose some dark colored laminate.

#1321 3 years ago

Is this an issue on the Pro as well or only the Premium/LTD? Never heard of this issue before. Thanks.

#1322 3 years ago

We have a pro. And from what I've read combing through this thread and others, it was mostly an issue with early produced pro's, where the rubber would leave marks on the balls, and subsequently the playfield.

#1323 3 years ago

We have a pro. And from what I've read combing through this thread and others, it was mostly an issue with early produced pro's, where the rubber would leave marks on the balls, and subsequently the playfield.

Ok, thanks. Not sure what rubber this is referring to? Will have a closer look at my Gene head. Haven't noticed any issues with the playfield getting marked up.

#1324 3 years ago

This is referring to the rubber that sits on the spinning disc.

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Anyone care to check the reading on the coil for the diverter for me?

Anyone? I’m reading like 140 ohms across one side and I am not sure that’s right. I’ve replaced the node board to get the diverter to drop but think the old node may have damaged the new coil?

#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Anyone? I’m reading like 140 ohms across one side and I am not sure that’s right. I’ve replaced the node board to get the diverter to drop but think the old node may have damaged the new coil?

I can't help, unless you would want to trade for an incredible looking pro?

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I can't help, unless you would want to trade for an incredible looking pro?

I appreciate the offer. I really need to finish this thing up and sell it. I’m in the middle of two vehicle restorations and need to free up the cash.

#1328 3 years ago

So does the special light on the right outlane not do anything?

#1329 3 years ago

If anyone comes across a too good to be true Kiss Limited for sale, one was just stolen in Sault Ste Marie in Ontario. May pop up for sale in Michigan or Wisconsin. Will try to get more details on the serial number, etc. Thanks.

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone comes across a too good to be true Kiss Limited for sale, one was just stolen in Sault Ste Marie in Ontario. May pop up for sale in Michigan or Wisconsin. Will try to get more details on the serial number, etc. Thanks.

Man that’s awful to hear. I hope the owner finds the bastard who stole it.

#1331 3 years ago

Please everyone, put the clear tron disc on your kiss machines, total game changer. You have to cut it down, but Highly recommend

12601 (resized).jpeg12601 (resized).jpeg
#1332 3 years ago

Where did you pick up the new disc? Does it just attach over the existing black disc? Thanks

#1333 3 years ago

I agree with you Foureyedcharlie.

Its not that it keeps the game cleaner as the black disc marks up the balls and in some cases leaves residue on the playfield. What I like most about it, is the incredible spins it puts on the balls when they come out. Keeps the game fun and unpredictable.

maurizio

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Please everyone, put the clear tron disc on your kiss machines, total game changer. You have to cut it down, but Highly recommend
[quoted image]

Can't believe none of the modders have made this for us KISS owners.

#1335 3 years ago

There was a member here from outside the US selling ones with the Rock N Roll Over art on them. Very cool but he was told to stop for copyright reasons.

#1336 3 years ago

We bought a rock and roll over vinyl sticker off ebay, and put that on the disc over the weekend. The marks on the ball/table issue was greatly reduced, but after only a few games it was clear that the ink for the sticker just wasn't holding up, and was coming off, leaving some marks on the ball. I'm sure this still would have been a great improvement. But, we put 3 coats of clear coat on the disc over the sticker, and let that cure. Now we are getting no marks on balls at all. So issue resolved

#1337 3 years ago

Long shot but anyone looking to change up the lineup and sell a premium or LE?

#1338 3 years ago

Looking to join the club. I am looking for a HUO Kiss Pro

If you are considering selling yours-please pm me.

#1339 3 years ago

Anyone have a Kiss Premium for sale, LMK. Thanks!

#1340 3 years ago

Does anyone sell the individual plastics over the bumpers? Thanks.

#1341 3 years ago

Just bought a HUO Kiss Pro and loving it. Unfortunately it has wrinkled decals by both flipper buttons and a couple of other areas with bolts. The ones by the flipper buttons concern me as I expect they will get worn quicker. I normally install mylar protectors around the buttons, but cann't with the wrinkles. Is there any way to flatten the wrinkles?

Thanks!
Duane

#1342 3 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Just bought a HUO Kiss Pro and loving it. Unfortunately it has wrinkled decals by both flipper buttons and a couple of other areas with bolts. The ones by the flipper buttons concern me as I expect they will get worn quicker. I normally install mylar protectors around the buttons, but cann't with the wrinkles. Is there any way to flatten the wrinkles?
Thanks!
Duane

Just install some lollipop armour, best bet.

#1343 3 years ago

Thanks!
Duane

I think most of the Pros have this problem. I have seen a few and some are really bad. If money is no object, my game has these installed and protects the flipper button area 100%

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-kiss-custom-armor-upgrade-kit-9-piece-kit.html

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Just install some lollipop armour, best bet.

Thanks. I was really hoping to avoid that. Anytime I see a game that is listed as HUO and it has lollipop rails, I'm immediately suspicious. Didn't think there was a way to flatten the wrinkles, but was hoping I was wrong

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think most of the Pros have this problem. I have seen a few and some are really bad. If money is no object, my game has these installed and protects the flipper button area 100%
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-kiss-custom-armor-upgrade-kit-9-piece-kit.html

Saw these. Appreciate your advice, but, for me, way too much money.

#1346 3 years ago

Thanks. I was really hoping to avoid that. Anytime I see a game that is listed as HUO and it has lollipop rails, I'm immediately suspicious. Didn't think there was a way to flatten the wrinkles, but was hoping I was wrong

I wouldn't get too suspicious. I put lollipops on my Pre before I plunged the first ball.

#1347 3 years ago

Yeah, don’t worry about it.
I purchased a NIB MET Prem and it turned up with lollipop armour which is out of spec.
I thought that was strange, when I took it off to get powder coated a could see wrinkled decals around the flipper buttons.
The Distro must have checked the pin over prior to shipping and thought we will upgrade due to the wrinkles.
They made a good choice and I’m happy

#1348 3 years ago

Lots of issues with KISS decals. It's a fairly well known issue. The decals on my KISS are seem to be slightly off where they should have been placed. I had an issue where some of the decal was starting to have slight pull away near the corner of the game by the right flipper. I ended up using a clear adhesive to prevent further peeling and it's been fine since then.

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Save your cash. The one I bought had these. They are just powder coated flat black with decals. Decals are coming off already. Not worth it at all. Love the game though!!!!!!

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone trying to sell a pro?

Quoted from pinmister:

Looking to join the club. I am looking for a HUO Kiss Pro
If you are considering selling yours-please pm me.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Anyone have a Kiss Premium for sale, LMK. Thanks!

So I just went and sent Stern a request for KISS VE via their Facebook messenger. Maybe it's time we team up to spam them and get some more of these puppies on the street.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.