IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 39.
#1251 3 years ago

Such a great game, play mine all the time. Hello COLOR DMD!!!! The KISS ARMY needs you

3 weeks later
#1252 3 years ago

A big thumbs up to capguntrooper for the STAR CHILD PROTECTOR. I installed it today and it works a treat. Very simple instructions and i can see the plastic will last a long time. Great mod.

#1253 3 years ago

Hey guys. Trying to wrap up my kiss le shop and the diverter doesn’t work. I’m linking the thread I posted About it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-diverter-not-working-

#1254 3 years ago

Might have convinced the wife to be able to join the club (by promising her and my daughter I'd put Scooby Doo toys on the playfield as an homage to Scooby Doo! and KISS: Rock and Roll Mystery - a family favorite). If anyone is looking to come off of a Pro or Premium, or has a connection somewhere somehow, please PM me. Thanks!

#1255 3 years ago

hi all ,just wondering if anyone might have powdercoated their metal bits orange ? i think it might suit the pro well, but was hoping ,before i get it done someone would have a picture they would like to share? thanks !

1 week later
#1256 3 years ago

New decal I added to my Pro recently.

8F1624F0-CC73-45E6-BA07-C01DDEB5DE08 (resized).jpeg8F1624F0-CC73-45E6-BA07-C01DDEB5DE08 (resized).jpeg
#1257 3 years ago

Loving my custom laser cut armor is all stainless steel.

20200922_184009 (resized).jpg20200922_184009 (resized).jpg
#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

[quoted image]

Dang those look slick! I have the same axes in red. Need to powder coat the lockdown bar and legs to match.

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

[quoted image]

yes !

but than the cup holder... heu :/

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes !
but than the cup holder... heu :/

Lovin' the cup holders too; Gene on one side, Paul on the other.

#1261 3 years ago

Anyone here want to sell their KISS topper by chance???

#1262 3 years ago

Do you folks know how hard it is to get in this club?! Took years but got in today. Finally!!!

C82160DE-9597-447C-A1B4-629FA936E98E (resized).jpegC82160DE-9597-447C-A1B4-629FA936E98E (resized).jpeg
#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Do you folks know how hard it is to get in this club?! Took years but got in today. Finally!!!
[quoted image]

The game I bought has the old code?! I heard the new code takes hours to download. It’s that huge! Just Awesome

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

The game I bought has the old code?! I heard the new code takes hours to download. It’s that huge! Just Awesome

Where did you hear that?

#1265 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Where did you hear that?

I was joking. It was a while ago but a HUGE update. Couldn’t believe it when I read it over when it was released. Too me it’s all part of the fun when you get a game to see what code it has. Sometimes the code is so old I say “no wonder they sold it!”. The Kiss update was one of the biggest I even saw.

Forum posts don’t convey jokes well - sorry bout that

#1266 3 years ago

Hello all-I am looking to join the KISS Army. Looking for a HUO Pro, and I also have games to trade.

Any leads appreciated-thanks in advance.

#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

better dig really deep for that.

#1268 3 years ago

Ok how do we petition Stern to re-run/vault this machine?

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

I’ll sell you mine but it comes with an LE machine attached to it

1 week later
#1270 3 years ago

New to the club. Bought a pro that's on its way right now from Las Vegas. Should be arriving next weekend (shipping to Michigan). Is there an easy to follow tutorial for using pinball browser to change the songs? In general I'm happy with the stock songs, but I do really want to get psycho circus on the pin. Also any tips for making sure volume matches stock? When replacing a song, are you also able to replace the corresponding text on the dmd? Sorry for all the questions. I am noob, just bought my first pin 2 months ago. (TMNT)

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

better dig really deep for that.

What is the going price for a topper these days?

#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

New to the club. Bought a pro that's on its way right now from Las Vegas. Should be arriving next weekend (shipping to Michigan). Is there an easy to follow tutorial for using pinball browser to change the songs? In general I'm happy with the stock songs, but I do really want to get psycho circus on the pin. Also any tips for making sure volume matches stock? When replacing a song, are you also able to replace the corresponding text on the dmd? Sorry for all the questions. I am noob, just bought my first pin 2 months ago. (TMNT)

I have played around with the music on my AC/DC with pinball browser. It is a lot harder than people make it out to be. The problem I found was linking the songs so there is no gap between when the different tracks play for a specific song. For example, the game will play a certain track before the ball is launched. So you have to create a file from the given song you want that will play in a continuous loop (and sound right). Then when the ball is launched, a new track will play. The two tracks have to sink perfectly or there will be a slight gap in the sound, or the two tracks will not blend perfectly and not sound right.

I be interested to know how people have overcome these issues when changing out the music. Audacity is a great free program for creating the sound files for pinball browser. Let me know how it turns out.

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from vegasplayer:

What is the going price for a topper these days?

If you can find one....probably $700.

#1274 3 years ago

Guys I need a little help.

I bought a kiss pro and a stern shaker. The shaker came with a capacitor kit. When I installed the capacitor to the node power, it caused a world of problems. I removed it and the game returned to normal. I didn’t want to connect the shaker without the capacitor for fear of blowing the node board. Does the kiss pro require the capacitor kit to work or can I connect to the board without it

Maurizio

#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Guys I need a little help.
I bought a kiss pro and a stern shaker. The shaker came with a capacitor kit. When I installed the capacitor to the node power, it caused a world of problems. I removed it and the game returned to normal. I didn’t want to connect the shaker without the capacitor for fear of blowing the node board. Does the kiss pro require the capacitor kit to work or can I connect to the board without it
Maurizio

To be on the safe side you need to get the correct shaker. I bought a shaker that was specific for Spike and no capacitor kit required. Plug and play. I suggest you get the shaker that is compatible directly with Kiss. The cap kits are ways people have adapted other shakers to work with different games. Fortunately shakers are not too expensive and you should be able to sell the one you got and just get the correct one. Just my 2 cents but hope that helps.

#1276 3 years ago

Thanks Pickle,

That is the problem. I bought the shaker from Stern. It is specifically for the SPIKE system. It came with the capacitor kit and yet when I connect that to the power, that's when the problem starts. I want to simply connect the shaker without it but I'm worried to damage the node board

Maurizio

#1277 3 years ago

So I took a quick look at mine. It’s one I picked up at a show from another collector. Mine is from Cointaker. I would have to dig up any instructions if I have them but mine looks like it is just plug and play. Installed in bottom right towards front (pre-drilled holes) and plugged connector into board on the left towards the front. It’s the connector with the red/black wires and red jumper in the pics. Then went into the menu and turned on the shaker. Saved the setting and it’s been fine. Not sure if that helps but would need someone with a Stern shaker to confirm.

And yes I am lazy and never installed the bob for the tilt LOL!

D57AE64E-E96B-4278-AAED-87268CE15582 (resized).jpegD57AE64E-E96B-4278-AAED-87268CE15582 (resized).jpegD72EFAA4-DCCE-4511-9A72-DFC150AAE914 (resized).jpegD72EFAA4-DCCE-4511-9A72-DFC150AAE914 (resized).jpeg
#1278 3 years ago

This pin is starting to Kiss me off!!

I haven't figured out the shaker yet, I'm waiting for an answer from Stern. But as I was playing it, I noticed that the Starchild Multiball and the Demon
multiball are reversed. The starchild MB is activated by the balls going into the Demon while the Demon MB is activated by the balls going into the starchild playfield. I've reinstalled the Code but it is still doing the same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Maurizio

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

If you can find one....probably $700.

pinball life sold their last one in stock for $900 3 yrs ago. so id say easily $1000 +

#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from maur:

This pin is starting to Kiss me off!!
I haven't figured out the shaker yet, I'm waiting for an answer from Stern. But as I was playing it, I noticed that the Starchild Multiball and the Demon
multiball are reversed. The starchild MB is activated by the balls going into the Demon while the Demon MB is activated by the balls going into the starchild playfield. I've reinstalled the Code but it is still doing the same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Maurizio

plugs not crossed, are they. right switch activating when hit? thats strange.

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

pinball life sold their last one in stock for $900 3 yrs ago. so id say easily $1000 +

The last one I found, the guy wanted $700 and I passed. That was within the last year.

#1282 3 years ago

Yeah...I would need more details. Earlier you said the game was doing weird stuff when you plugged in the capacitor board for the shaker but returned to normal when you unplugged it. Were the Demon and Love Gun MB’s correct before?

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The last one I found, the guy wanted $700 and I passed. That was within the last year.

should of jumped on that.

#1284 3 years ago

Ccbiggsoo7/Pickle

Guys thanks for your help.

I didn't play it before so I can't be sure if it was like this before. However I went through the manual and looked at NODE 10. I looked at my machine and noted that CN7 and CN5 plugs are reversed. I think that is the problem. I'm going to look into a big more because obviously I don't want to do something and break something else. But I'm beginning to think that is the problem.

Maurizio

#1285 3 years ago

Unbelievable!!

The plugs on the Node 10 board were reversed. Flipped them around and the MBs are where they are supposed to be.

Maurizio

#1286 3 years ago

I was wondering if that was a possible cause. The wiring harnesses are built in bulk so not likely you had a bad harness. Glad it was a simple fix. Now I wonder if your shaker will correctly.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

should of jumped on that.

Too much to spend on some flashing lights for me. I’m sure someone out there would pay $1,000. Just not going to be me.

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Believe it or not it was only a big year ago.
Oh what the topper Gods hath wrought since then, lol.
Terry.

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Too much to spend on some flashing lights for me. I’m sure someone out there would pay $1,000. Just not going to be me.

You could always LED back glass mod, like how the original kiss machine operated. That way you get flashy lights.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65219

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

You could always LED back glass mod, like how the original kiss machine operated. That way you get flashy lights.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65219

I agree with this idea over having the topper.

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I might be tempted to let mine go for $1k US.

#1292 3 years ago

I bought the topper before I bought the pin. By the time it got to Canada it was 700 cad.
Well worth every penny. It looks awesome on the game!

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I might be tempted to let mine go for $1k US.

ccbiggsoo7 may be your man.

#1294 3 years ago

It appears that the capacitor kit is not required on the kiss pro if you are installing the Stern shaker

Maurizio

#1295 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-diverter-not-working-#post-5912736

So this kiss le diverter is still not working after replacing the coil and the node board. Anyone of you have an idea what to do next?

#1296 3 years ago

Can someone explain to me how the ramp diverter is supposed to work? I have now gotten it to drop during ball search and it appears to drop for just a minute when you enter the area under the star stage to light love gun multiball. But when you hit the ramp to start love gun multiball, nothing.

I am not really familiar with the machine outside of this one (which was not working when I got it) so I am not sure when in the gameplay the diverter should actually drop and what triggers it to do so

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Can someone explain to me how the ramp diverter is supposed to work? I have now gotten it to drop during ball search and it appears to drop for just a minute when you enter the area under the star stage to light love gun multiball. But when you hit the ramp to start love gun multiball, nothing.
I am not really familiar with the machine outside of this one (which was not working when I got it) so I am not sure when in the gameplay the diverter should actually drop and what triggers it to do so

At this point you will need to post a video of game play and the issue. Make sure to turn your game volume off so we can hear you and asses the issue at hand. Don't give up, we will get you up and running.

#1298 3 years ago

Excactly what Capguntrooper said. Post a video so we can see. Someone will figure out what is going on. Lots of good knowledgeable people here for sure so don’t give up!!!

#1299 3 years ago

Sounds good. I’ll try to get down there and get one this evening to load up

#1300 3 years ago

Just brainstorming here. But I'm pretty sure when LG multiball is ready the diverter will engage when the first rollover switch is hit after you plunge. It should stay up in the ready position until you either hit the ramp or drain. Could it just be a bad switch? At this point maybe test every single switch manually.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.