IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 39.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Considering what Stern has been putting out the last several years KISS has one of the better playfield builds. With steel balls being consistently shot at a clear coated plastic insert something is eventually gonna give. If you're that concerned about it consider using a playfield protector. Or just buy 90's Bally/Williams games.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx for the advice... but as a player, no PP for me (lol), and to be honest, i dont really see a PP as a solution to avoid insert ghosting (or even cratering)
in fact, if i'm asking now, its because i never noticed that before yesterday (i dont have a KISS)

Quoted from finnflash:

I put a playfield protector on before a single game was played, no ghosting OR dimples at all. I don't notice a difference between games with the protector and without. Except no damage after 2000 plays.

Had a Playfield Protector on mine before a single game was played and when it was left alone for a year I had ghosting. Having ghosting inserts on a playfield with a protector on it is due to faulty hardware. Stern is cutting corners and it is showing. All the HUO owners with splitting cabinets, broken plastics on first game, and ghosting playfields in a few months will testify to that.

#1152 4 years ago

I agree, my Stranger Things with only a couple hundred plays looks terrible with all the major dimples.

#1153 3 years ago

Are there any videos on how to remove the demon head out there? I'm having opto issues and now the ball wont eject up into the head. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I agree, my Stranger Things with only a couple hundred plays looks terrible with all the major dimples.

is this also linked to the overal color of the PF, i mean you see dimples more on some than on others !?

few ago, 3 new pins at a location near our house, the BK SOR was OK, as the GOTG, but the Stranger Thing was a mess, a total battlefield (i suppose these were +/- at same games played on them)

#1155 3 years ago

I think the color and the backglass light makes then show up more.

1 week later
#1156 3 years ago

So I am doing a full shop job on my KISS prem, and I removed the apron to clean and install a Cliffy on the shooter lane. I happened to notice this sticker on the playfield. Why would an LE numbering sticker be on a premium?

B3222EC9-A77E-48E0-BDF6-13A594E7BD2C (resized).jpegB3222EC9-A77E-48E0-BDF6-13A594E7BD2C (resized).jpeg
#1157 3 years ago

Because the playfields are identical.

#1158 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

So I am doing a full shop job on my KISS prem, and I removed the apron to clean and install a Cliffy on the shooter lane. I happened to notice this sticker on the playfield. Why would an LE numbering sticker be on a premium?
[quoted image]

Those numbers doesn’t make any sense to LE’s... they made just 600

5794D3D2-BACB-4D0B-8C3F-1D34500B23CF (resized).jpeg5794D3D2-BACB-4D0B-8C3F-1D34500B23CF (resized).jpeg
#1159 3 years ago

I'd imagine Stern orders 10% more PF's when they do a run (to accommodate "bad" PF's that might go unused or sent back).

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'd imagine Stern orders 10% more PF's when they do a run (to accommodate "bad" PF's that might go unused or sent back).

well, if its to accommodate bad PF, for sure they are ordering 50% more... !!!

keep cool Wacky, its a JOKE, just a (bad) JOKE

#1161 3 years ago

Can everyone backhand the right ramp?

I couldn't when I got my game.

Re-built flippers and I could.

Now, I can't.

Is it normal to lose power this quickly? Say maximum 1000 games?

Don't think any other way of adjusting power of flippers?

Tried different angles and that is not reason. Just lack of power.

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Those numbers doesn’t make any sense to LE’s... they made just 600
[quoted image]

I was thinking the same. I get that the LEs and Prems have the same PF like thundergod76 said, but that doesn't make the sticker make any sense to me.

2 weeks later
#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can everyone backhand the right ramp?
I couldn't when I got my game.
Re-built flippers and I could.
Now, I can't.
Is it normal to lose power this quickly? Say maximum 1000 games?
Don't think any other way of adjusting power of flippers?
Tried different angles and that is not reason. Just lack of power.

I wouldn’t worry about it mate.
I have a new Pin and sometimes I backhand it - it goes up the right ramp. Other times it’s like it goes half way up and comes back down. Like the powers not there. I’m convinced it’s just a sweet spot thing though.

1 week later
#1164 3 years ago

Hey Guys installing the coin taker color speakers in my kiss got everything done on the final step. I ran the power cable thing down into the base of the cabinet but I can't find what the instructions call the auxiliary power plug thanks.

20200603_153700 (resized).jpg20200603_153700 (resized).jpg
#1165 3 years ago

I have different speaker brand lights but mine plug into CN9 on the cabinet node board. The board located under the left flipper button. Hope this helps.

20200603_195533 (resized).jpg20200603_195533 (resized).jpg
#1166 3 years ago

Hello, KISS Army. In the unlikely event that any KISS owner is looking for an even trade and is near Pennsylvania, I'm interested in trading either my MBR LE or JP Premium for a KISS--any model of KISS is good as along as it's 100% working and has a Stern topper.

If interested, please PM me. If not, rock on.

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Hello, KISS Army. In the unlikely event that any KISS owner is looking for an even trade and is near Pennsylvania, I'm interested in trading either my MBR LE or JP Premium for a KISS--any model of KISS is good as along as it's 100% working and has a Stern topper.
If interested, please PM me. If not, rock on.

and has the Stern topper might make it a tough deal...those things are unobtainium.

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

and has the Stern topper might make it a tough deal...those things are unobtainium.

Thanks for the response. I know it's a long shot . . .

And though I'm looking for an even trade on any KISS model, opinions on the current value of a KISS LE with a topper are welcome as well . . .

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks for the response. I know it's a long shot . . .
And though I'm looking for an even trade on any KISS model, opinions on the current value of a KISS LE with a topper are welcome as well . . .

LEs are always tough to price. The only one on pinside right now seems steep at $12,500 to me. Premiums tend to be in the ~$6,000-6,500. It does look like one LE sold off pinside but was listed here at $6,800.

#1170 3 years ago

I paid the USD equivalent of $7600 for a Kiss LE last week. one data point for you. wish i could find a Stern Kiss topper too....!

#1171 3 years ago

Thanks for these replies. Very helpful!

#1172 3 years ago

I just put the mod in that lights each letter on the backbox like the Bally game and I think that looks better then having the topper. Not to mention I feel the "K" on the topper is a little off.
20200608_171346 (resized).jpg20200608_171346 (resized).jpg

#1173 3 years ago

Hi guys,

Just joined the club with LE #302, wow, what a game. Now for that impossible to find topper..

IMG_4212 (resized).jpgIMG_4212 (resized).jpgIMG_4213 (resized).jpgIMG_4213 (resized).jpg
#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I just put the mod in that lights each letter on the backbox like the Bally game and I think that looks better then having the topper. Not to mention I feel the "K" on the topper is a little off.
[quoted image]

Was it easy to fit?

Read the reviews and some people had trouble fixing it?

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Was it easy to fit?
Read the reviews and some people had trouble fixing it?

Not at all, once I got it in place I put a piece of tape holding it there and haven't messed with it 5 years

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Not at all, once I got it in place I put a piece of tape holding it there and haven't messed with it 5 years

Do you have a picture of it fitted as can't find any?

Thanks

#1177 3 years ago

I will post how to with pics later tonight.

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Are there any videos on how to remove the demon head out there? I'm having opto issues and now the ball wont eject up into the head. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I picked up a Kiss LE and mine does the same thing. Had to go through ball search to get it out. Which kills the game cause there is no demon multiball nI’m just going to completely strip and shop it out though.

I picked the game up in a multi game trade and was curious of the value as well as some previous posters but it seems they are a tough game to price. On a positive note I do have the stern topper, conitaker Interactive color changing back glass, shaker, and several other decent mods.

9C82EC83-6244-49A6-8C0E-0D50E04A5E23 (resized).jpeg9C82EC83-6244-49A6-8C0E-0D50E04A5E23 (resized).jpeg
#1179 3 years ago

There was a piece you had to get from stern do the balls would not get stuck under the Gene head. Not sure if that's the issue or maybe it is optos if you have replaced that part.

#1180 3 years ago

On how I did the mezel mod interactive kiss letters.

First I labeled where the "K" and "S" were located with the glass on.

Then put a piece of tape on top of the mod.

Line the mod up with the lines you made then push the tape down to hold it.

I also zip tied the wire to the back so you couldn't see the shadow.

Once you put the glass back on you may have to fine tune the position with the shadow of the mod by moving it left or right.

20200609_142847 (resized).jpg20200609_142847 (resized).jpg20200609_143001 (resized).jpg20200609_143001 (resized).jpg20200609_143038 (resized).jpg20200609_143038 (resized).jpg20200609_143100 (resized).jpg20200609_143100 (resized).jpg20200609_143910 (resized).jpg20200609_143910 (resized).jpg
#1181 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

There was a piece you had to get from stern do the balls would not get stuck under the Gene head. Not sure if that's the issue or maybe it is optos if you have replaced that part.

Thanks I’ll look into that. It was like this when I got it so I am not sure if the part is on it or not. The issue is the reason the guy traded it to me in the first place. He was upfront about it, I just don’t think he wanted to fool with fixing it

#1182 3 years ago

The part I got to fix the issue looked identical to the one in the game, but the issue is gone.

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

On how I did the mezel mod interactive kiss letters.
First I labeled where the "K" and "S" were located with the glass on.
Then put a piece of tape on top of the mod.
Line the mod up with the lines you made then push the tape down to hold it.
I also zip tied the wire to the back so you couldn't see the shadow.
Once you put the glass back on you may have to fine tune the position with the shadow of the mod by moving it left or right.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

Tempted to get one now.

#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I picked up a Kiss LE and mine does the same thing. Had to go through ball search to get it out.

The issue I had was the ball popper needed a loose wire soldered back in place. While I had the playfield up I also reseated the 3 Optos which took care of the problem. I also have the settings for no ball locks in Genes head which keeps the flow of the game moving smoother in my opinion.

#1185 3 years ago

Finally joining the KISS Army. My LE, including topper, will arrive next week. Just 66 plays (or 666? ). Can't wait.

Tell me about the Gene Simmon's head. I see reference on ipdb to the head pivoting, but I haven't caught that feature on any of the video footage I've seen.

KISS1 (resized).jpgKISS1 (resized).jpgKISS2 (resized).jpgKISS2 (resized).jpg
#1186 3 years ago

Head does not move

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Head does not move

Thanks--that explains it.

#1188 3 years ago

Thanks I’ll look into that. It was like this when I got it so I am not sure if the part is on it or not. The issue is the reason the guy traded it to me in the first place. He was upfront about it, I just don’t think he wanted to fool with fixing it

Turned it on today and demon lock works every time? Weird.... but fun to finally be able to get demon multi ball

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Finally joining the KISS Army. My LE, including topper, will arrive next week. Just 66 plays (or 666? ). Can't wait.
Tell me about the Gene Simmon's head. I see reference on ipdb to the head pivoting, but I haven't caught that feature on any of the video footage I've seen.
[quoted image][quoted image]

EEK! that Starchild plastic is gonna bust if it doesn't get protected

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Be interested to see some close up photos of topper.

Did Stern do 2 types?

One seems to have exposed leds and other covered?

Can't get either so guess it doesn't matter!

#1191 3 years ago

I think the cover was an after market thing, because of the complaint that it was too bright.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think the cover was an after market thing, because of the complaint that it was too bright.

I was put off getting one because of the exposed leds.

Who made the covers? Didn't see them anywhere?

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

[quoted image]

I started shopping my LE today and the Playfield is 782 of 960 so who knows lol

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1194 3 years ago

I started shopping my LE today and the Playfield is 782 of 960 so who knows lol
[quoted image]

Let me know how that Star child stage treats you

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Let me know how that Star child stage treats you

Yeah.... the whole back half of the Playfield looks like a ton of fun to take apart

#1196 3 years ago

Yeah.... the whole back half of the Playfield looks like a ton of fun to take apart

Don't forget to install that Star child protector while you're at it.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Don't forget to install that Star child protector while you're at it.

This is a must. I didn't even realize my plastic was broken until installing it. And yes, the entire back half has a lot more going on that it appears. I even ended up disassembling the levitating ball assembly trying to get that center ramp out. The stage was the worst though. With only a couple screws holding it to the backbox I thought, "This shouldn't be too bad." But the two nuts are insanely difficult to get a backup on, and then re-installing them was even tougher. I ended up using a box end with some tape on it to hold them in place and slide the wrench down the backbox.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I ended up using a box end with some tape on it to hold them in place and slide the wrench down the backbox.

I've gotten creative with tape countless times reassembling pinball machines, lol. Nice work.

1 week later
#1199 3 years ago

Happy to have joined the KISS LE Army, thanks to a smooth sale from Nick at Planet Nine Pinball. Don't hate me, but the machine is routed in a local pizza shop. I've been routing a machine there for 10 years and the owner watches the machine like a hawk, so I've never had any concerns.

One question for LE owners. I've looked behind the cover in the backbox for a bill acceptor hookup, but there is none there. I have the necessary cable and have hooked up bill acceptors in many other Sterns, so I'm stumped. Does anyone have an explanation?

KISS (resized).JPGKISS (resized).JPG
#1200 3 years ago

Pretty sure the hookup is in the backbox behind the power box cover located under the power supply.

20200627_000932 (resized).jpg20200627_000932 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/24?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.