IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 39.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Ok, soon to be an elite member.
I’ve ordered a German Kiss Le NIB.
Hopefully arrive next week as goods movement still allowed through quarantined zones.
Who can sell me the following:-
1. Stern Kiss topper - don’t laugh - like rocking horse shit, I know
2. Starchild protector
Thanks guys

PM sent

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Mine did this when I first got it.
I can't remember exactly how it got fixed.
From memory it was one of the 3 sets of optos that do locks 1-3.
Think I cleaned them and generally jiggled them around - checking connectors etc.
Might have put a new opto in.
Coming back to me that wiggling cables I was able to work out which opto it was.
Good luck!

So...ulp, the head’s got to come off for this I guess?

#1103 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Ok, soon to be an elite member.
I’ve ordered a German Kiss Le NIB.
Hopefully arrive next week as goods movement still allowed through quarantined zones.
Who can sell me the following:-
1. Stern Kiss topper - don’t laugh - like rocking horse shit, I know
2. Starchild protector
Thanks guys

I hope your KISS LE shipping goes as planned.

I made a spinning disc mylar patch as I got annoyed by the black residue from the spinning disc.

Also second the thought about no Mantis or Cliffy on Back Stage scoop. It messes withthe gameplay on KISS.

LOVE-GUN Levitating Ball LED Lighting Kit [Triggered By Love Gun Multi-Ball]

https://www.kimballspinballs.com/kiss/

KISS Disc motor mylar decal (resized).jpgKISS Disc motor mylar decal (resized).jpg
#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

So...ulp, the head’s got to come off for this I guess?

I know I never took the head off as I never figured out how to do it!

Just the top plastic as you can then see all the optos and start moving the wires around to try and isolate which one or set is the bad one.

#1105 4 years ago

I know I never took the head off as I never figured out how to do it!
Just the top plastic as you can then see all the optos and start moving the wires around to try and isolate which one or set is the bad one.

Many thanks!
Found the bad one, found its connector underneath and reseated that. Seems fine now.

#1106 4 years ago

New kiss owner...every couple of games one of the inserts will turn and stay white. When i hit the target nothing seems to happen? What is this for?

Thanks

#1107 4 years ago

Social distancing

Screensho_2 (resized).jpgScreensho_2 (resized).jpg
#1108 4 years ago

Add me to the list. Thanks.

#1109 4 years ago

Spent a good two months looking for a Kiss Pro. Was about to bite the bullet and ship a routed one from Texas to Toronto, Canada and somehow lucked out and found a Limited 10 minutes from my house. With less than 100 plays. Let me know what mods are a must. Thanks for the help!

#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Add me to the list. Thanks.

PM SENT

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Let me know what mods are a must. Thanks for the help!

Kimball’s Love Gun light mod
Mezel’s Demon mouth light
And you know about Capgun

Congrats!

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Kimball’s Love Gun light mod
Mezel’s Demon mouth light
And you know about Capgun
Congrats!

Thanks for the info. I like to go a little crazy on my games but this is my first Limited. Definitely changing out the rubbers to red and may upgrade the speaker system.

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the info. I like to go a little crazy on my games but this is my first Limited. Definitely changing out the rubbers to red and may upgrade the speaker system.

Congrats! What number did you got?

#1114 4 years ago

Yeah, I’ll go crazy on the mods when my one arrives.
What you reckon the best colour for mirror blades - was thinking Gold for kiss?
Or is this too radical?

#1115 4 years ago

These ones from Tilt Graphics that kidchrisso has are my favorite. I just haven't bought them yet. Combination of mirror blades and flames.

b27d07a9872545f302035c872b7427418077bca6 (resized).jpgb27d07a9872545f302035c872b7427418077bca6 (resized).jpg
#1116 4 years ago

Being stuck at home I wanted to know what happens after you collect 15 cities.
This is something that I can never ever imagine happening in a game so I took the glass off.
It took me ages and multiple attempts using my hands. Lol.
Anyway ignore if you don't want to know.
Spoiler alert!
Complete and you get a nice animation and 50 million points.
Good luck anyone ever getting it

when you complete all modes/songs, you'll get nothing unfortunately...

#1117 4 years ago

Can anyone explain what you have to do in Love Gun and Demon multiball, to light the starchild and demon inserts solid? I know you are shooting for the purple and red arrows for jackpots, but how many do you have to complete and do you have to do something after the arrows? Thanks for any help. Mike

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Can anyone explain what you have to do in Love Gun and Demon multiball, to light the starchild and demon inserts solid? I know you are shooting for the purple and red arrows for jackpots, but how many do you have to complete and do you have to do something after the arrows? Thanks for any help. Mike

I think the best rule set I’ve seen is here

http://tiltforums.com/t/kiss-wiki-rulesheet/732

I hesitate to say it isn’t perfect, because it’s a wiki... but it is a good guide even if you don’t know the Transformers pin it references.

#1119 4 years ago

Received my DE NIB LE safely.
Games awesome - actually not as easy as I thought which is good
Loving everything, the shaker is excellent and Invisiglass makes the play-field pop.
Now where can I get that Stern Topper
0B25BDD8-23AE-4BC6-8968-6C0A4B367A4F (resized).jpeg0B25BDD8-23AE-4BC6-8968-6C0A4B367A4F (resized).jpeg

#1120 4 years ago

Sweeet! The matching fridge is a nice touch.

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Loving everything, the shaker is excellent and Invisiglass makes the play-field pop.
[quoted image]

Good luck on the topper. I've been looking for over a year with zero luck.

#1122 4 years ago

Nice game. Can you tell everyone where you purchased the German version of KISS pinball machine? I would like to buy one. Any info on contact would be appreciated.

#1123 4 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:Nice game. Can you tell everyone where you purchased the German version of KISS pinball machine? I would like to buy one. Any info on contact would be appreciated.

Hi, PM sent

#1124 4 years ago

Added these awesome mirror flame sideblades to my Kiss game. Also added plastic protection, color silicon rubbers and the game is now popping.

I would suggest everyone add these sideblades to your game.

IMG_2874 (resized).jpgIMG_2874 (resized).jpgIMG_2875 (resized).jpgIMG_2875 (resized).jpgIMG_2876 (resized).jpgIMG_2876 (resized).jpgIMG_2878 (resized).jpgIMG_2878 (resized).jpgIMG_2879 (resized).jpgIMG_2879 (resized).jpgIMG_2880 (resized).jpgIMG_2880 (resized).jpg
#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Added these awesome mirror flame sideblades to my Kiss game. Also added plastic protection, color silicon rubbers and the game is now popping.
I would suggest everyone add these sideblades to your game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are nice, but I like mine a bit more!

IMG_1680 (resized).JPGIMG_1680 (resized).JPGIMG_1682 (resized).JPGIMG_1682 (resized).JPG
#1127 3 years ago

Just installed a clear Tron disc on my kiss......crudely trimmed around the edge. What a difference! 10 times more action, it actually flings the ball around. People with worn out discs, or taped over discs are missing out.

20200421_113907 (resized).jpg20200421_113907 (resized).jpg
#1128 3 years ago

Amazed no one sells one to fit KISS exactly.

#1129 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Those are nice, but I like mine a bit more![quoted image][quoted image]

Show off

#1130 3 years ago

Did you completly remove and replace the factory black disc or did you overlay the clear one over it?

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I removed my scoop protector. I only believe in protectors when they don't ruin the game In a home environment, the scoop wear is minimal...

Yea I thought the same but it was wearing bad so I had to put it back on. Stern games just don't last like they should.

#1132 3 years ago

Yeah...I played mine and it did not take long for that scoop to start showing wear. Put a Cliffy on it and that was good...but it cracked and fell apart....on my second Cliffy now and so far so good.

Scoop should have been maybe 1/8” wider...would still be a tough shot but with a Cliffy it’s not very forgiving of a shot. And as important as that scoop is it needs to be a little more forgiving IMO.

And that’s what like most about this game is it looks EASY...but if you play all the song modes it’s really tough. Always gotta play one more...

One thing I wish there was a fair way to do it is add a ball save for the dreaded straight drain from the pops....happens way too much. Anyone else have that issue?

#1133 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

[quoted image]

Yeah, what’s up with tha fridge? Is it vintage? I need a new one, and I need advice on a good one. My Samsung is absolute dog meat.

How are the rules on Kiss finally? Is the game done? Is it awesome? Any drawbacks or frustrations? Everytime I play the game I dig it, but with so many choices, I want to ensure the rules don’t have any major holes if I’m ever to own it.

#1134 3 years ago

For those that have changed their song selections, what have you used?

Mine are:
God of Thunder (Destroyer ver) for Demon Multi-ball
Love Gun org. ver.
Black Diamond org. ver
Detroit Rock City (Destroyer ver)
I Was Made for Loving You
2000 Man
Shock Me
NY Groove
Rock and Roll All Nite org. ver.
Shout it out Loud (Destroyer ver)
For fun I put in Cheap Trick's Surrender for Heaven's on Fire.

Looking at changing it up again.

#1135 3 years ago

I'm running v1.41 with these songs:

32 Deuce to Plaster Caster
34 Black Diamond to Psycho Circus
35 Calling Dr. Love to Domino
36 Detroit Rock City to Crazy Crazy Nights
39 Heaven's On Fire to Mr. Speed
40 Hotter Than Hell to Firehouse
41 Lick It Up to Hard Luck Woman
42 Love Gun to Wouldn't You Like To Know Me
43 I Love It Loud to Shock Me
44 Rock N Roll All Nite to Christine 16
45 Shout It Out Loud to Two Timer

Looking to do a new set of songs soon. It really gets me playing it more when the songs change.

Quoted from Edster:

For those that have changed their song selections, what have you used?
Mine are:
God of Thunder (Destroyer ver) for Demon Multi-ball
Love Gun org. ver.
Black Diamond org. ver
Detroit Rock City (Destroyer ver)
I Was Made for Loving You
2000 Man
Shock Me
NY Groove
Rock and Roll All Nite org. ver.
Shout it out Loud (Destroyer ver)
For fun I put in Cheap Trick's Surrender for Heaven's on Fire.
Looking at changing it up again.

#1136 3 years ago

Deuce (no change)
Black Diamond to Psycho Circus
Calling Dr. Love to God of Thunder
Detroit Rock City to Original Version
Heaven's On Fire to Shout It Out Loud
Hotter Than Hell to Heaven's On Fire
Lick It Up to Original Version
Love Gun to Original Version
I Love It Loud to Original Version
Rock N Roll All Nite to Original Version
Shout It Out Loud to Strutter

#1137 3 years ago

Try adding NY Groove. It sounds awesome.
I had Cold Gin and it had a good fit too. I think I might go with the original demos. Those kick ass.
If you ever heard God of Thunder sung by Paul Stanley or the original Beth (Beck). Interesting stuff to play around with.

I notice that even though Pinball Browser says the song fits, they seem to end early. Not a huge deal but it's odd.

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Try adding NY Groove. It sounds awesome.
I had Cold Gin and it had a good fit too. I think I might go with the original demos. Those kick ass.
If you ever heard God of Thunder sung by Paul Stanley or the original Beth (Beck). Interesting stuff to play around with.
I notice that even though Pinball Browser says the song fits, they seem to end early. Not a huge deal but it's odd.

I wouldnt mind switching things up a bit but it took me so long to get all the songs to have the same volume

#1139 3 years ago

to KISS owners, let me ask, as i found nobody in this topic talking about insert ghosting...
but in the same time, i saw there's a possible prob with the main LOCK insert, where the ball fall from the tongue (is it the cause ?)

https://images.pinside.com/2/dc/2dcda14a4d256d6ff4f5df3b57ba1609a0223683/resized/large/2dcda14a4d256d6ff4f5df3b57ba1609a0223683.jpeg

than check yours and please tell how it is
and if its ghosting, is it ONLY that insert, or some others are also bad... !?

tanx in advance

#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yeah, what’s up with tha fridge? Is it vintage? I need a new one, and I need advice on a good one. My Samsung is absolute dog meat.
How are the rules on Kiss finally? Is the game done? Is it awesome? Any drawbacks or frustrations? Everytime I play the game I dig it, but with so many choices, I want to ensure the rules don’t have any major holes if I’m ever to own it.

I’m so glad I purchased this Pin, seriously loving it. I’m no expert but the mini wizard modes appear to reliant on hitting the right ramp to collect instruments. It’s a tough shot, not impossible but rewarding.
Great when Heavens on Fire multi ball kicks in after completing the grid.
Also Kiss Army wizard Mode cool.
Haven’t managed Rock City Wizard mode as of yet but all good so far

#1141 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

to KISS owners, let me ask, as i found nobody in this topic talking about insert ghosting...
but in the same time, i saw there's a possible prob with the main LOCK insert, where the ball fall from the tongue (is it the cause ?)
https://images.pinside.com/2/dc/2dcda14a4d256d6ff4f5df3b57ba1609a0223683/resized/large/2dcda14a4d256d6ff4f5df3b57ba1609a0223683.jpeg
than check yours and please tell how it is
and if its ghosting, is it ONLY that insert, or some others are also bad... !?
tanx in advance

Bought mine a few months before I deployed, and when I came back after the pin was sitting in my climate controlled house for a year, I had 5 ghosting inserts. Stern gave me a playfield swap. It was a pain redoing all my MODS, but I am glad Stern took care of me on that one, now if I can just get them to stop rewriting code to fix hardware issues...lol (on my GOT)

#1142 3 years ago

tanx for the feedback

because i found 2 more KISS with ghosting there, as the one on the pic
seems you guys are not talking about this prob, but is it common or not !?
and again, if its caused by the ball falling from the tongue, did the insert is slowly "falling" in the PF ?
and if yes, what about the clearcoat ?

kiss (resized).JPGkiss (resized).JPG

#1143 3 years ago

Can't quite see what is going on in your photos.

I had a look at my lock insert and thought - damn, ghosting.

But on closer inspection this area is covered by mylar and I have a couple of spots where it has a tiny bubble that looks like ghosting.

Some KISS games did have ghosting inserts though.

IMG_6744 (resized).jpgIMG_6744 (resized).jpg
#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Rules are great now.

There always could be improvements but the way the multipliers work, means no two games end up being the same.

And it is a real challenge - getting Love Gun Super Jackpot is very tough. On the LE it's a countdown 50 million that can be multiplied so the rush is huge.

With Kiss Army the super can be insanely big.

Rock City for me is super hard. 12 instruments is super tough. Can be adjusted in settings.

City Combos are great but no one is getting all 15!

Would be nice if there was an award for finishing the 8 songs. But I think this game is done now.

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx for the feedback
because i found 2 more KISS with ghosting there, as the one on the pic
seems you guys are not talking about this prob, but is it common or not !?
and again, if its caused by the ball falling from the tongue, did the insert is slowly "falling" in the PF ?
and if yes, what about the clearcoat ?
[quoted image]

Hi there,

My lock insert has the same ghost on the right side of the lock insert, I’m not concerned to be honest, very minor.
All other inserts are fine.
I can say pretty much for sure it was like this before a ball was plunged on a NIB LE so I don’t think this is related to balls dropping from the tongue.
Hope this helps.
So far, I’m really happy with the quality of my Kiss playfield - and I’m a total fanatic when it comes to quality, trust me . One of the reasons I went for this older NIB apart from loving the Theme - is to avoid the stock piled batch of pooling + disintegrating playfield JPs + DPs sitting at overseas distributors. Some poor sods will end up with those with no come back....

#1146 3 years ago

On a lighter note....
Think I might have to see a therapist.
Can’t seem to shake Gene Simmons - he’s with me all the time now
Demon Lock 1

#1147 3 years ago

tanx guys...

and of course to see ghosting on inserts, dont set the pin "on"

check the new pic, easier like this ?

kiss (resized).JPGkiss (resized).JPG

#1148 3 years ago

Considering what Stern has been putting out the last several years KISS has one of the better playfield builds. With steel balls being consistently shot at a clear coated plastic insert something is eventually gonna give. If you're that concerned about it consider using a playfield protector. Or just buy 90's Bally/Williams games.

#1149 3 years ago

tanx for the advice... but as a player, no PP for me (lol), and to be honest, i dont really see a PP as a solution to avoid insert ghosting (or even cratering)

in fact, if i'm asking now, its because i never noticed that before yesterday (i dont have a KISS)

#1150 3 years ago

I put a playfield protector on before a single game was played, no ghosting OR dimples at all. I don't notice a difference between games with the protector and without. Except no damage after 2000 plays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/23?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.