IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 39.
#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone tried to put a clear/white rubber on the spinning disc on LE/Premium?
Reason - more spin and no black dirt everywhere!

Woot is there a spinning disc on Prem/LE? :O

#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Woot is there a spinning disc on Prem/LE? :O

They all have a spinning disk under gene's head

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

They all have a spinning disk under gene's head

:O wow didnt know.serves no real purpose at all but always nice to know.

#1054 4 years ago

Put up a little short story on the homepage about how I came to own an LE that faithful might get a kick out of...

#1055 4 years ago

Awesome story!! This is what this hobby is all about. Thank you for sharing!

#1056 4 years ago

Long shot but I have four tickets to the kiss concert in Oakland on March 6th and I am not going to be able to attend. I am selling the tickets. Bummer I am going to miss it but if anyone is interested please let me know. Thanks

1 month later
#1057 4 years ago

Picking up an LE Saturday, never played one ! Color DMD coming ?

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

No official word but it has to be. It's the top ranked request. Welcome to the club!

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

No official word but it has to be. It's the top ranked request. Welcome to the club!

I just sold the Bally version that I was going to restore now I’m bummed but I can find another. Ron Kruzman just finished the playfield and they pair should look nice together

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Make sure you get a protector for the Star child plastic or that sucker is going to crack.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-child-flame-protector-mod-for-kiss-lepremium#post-3720683

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Make sure you get a protector for the Star child plastic or that sucker is going to crack.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-child-flame-protector-mod-for-kiss-lepremium#post-3720683

Definitely! Hope it isnt cracked already.

#1062 4 years ago

Gents,
Not an owner but still toying with buying an LE.
Never played it, but noticed on loads of vid footage the right ramp seems to be real tough.
It’s like the ball goes halfway up then comes back down?
Is this a regular occurrence or just an inaccurate shot by the player.
Thanks in advance.

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Gents,
Never played it, but noticed on loads of vid footage the right ramp seems to be real tough.
Thanks in advance.

Right ramp is a tight/steep shot...just takes some practice.

With the finished code, KISS is one of my favorite games of all-time. My advice is go for a Premium and install a "PinWoofer" audio system with some of the money you save. The game sounds stunning with this audio upgrade.

Here is a video of my game in action...

#1064 4 years ago

@snaroff looks and sounds simply awesome, many thanks for sharing!
You had no issues hitting that right ramp.
Also good to see the latest code in action. Kinda strange, I was contemplating perhaps an Aerosmith or Kiss but I have to be realistic, I much prefer Kiss music and I think the integration in this pin is way better. It just seems much more iconic also The Pinwoofer is a fantastic upgrade, I’ve only heard good things from his systems.

#1065 4 years ago

Nice video Snaroff. Thanks for the YouTube link. Your KISS sounds great in that video, I can only imagine how good it sounds in person. I also dig hearing the custom call outs Paul and Gene provided. I don't own a KISS yet, but it's on my want list. I love playing the KISS LE at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor. This video makes me want to go drop some quarters in soon.

I regret not buying a KISS Premium NIB when it was in production, but I try to never buy a pin until I'm happy with the code, and unfortunately the code on KISS didn't get to where I was really digging it until the huge code update after production ended. Usually being cautious on code pays off, but not this time, LOL.

#1066 4 years ago

Just to throw something else out there.

KISS LE has a mirrored backglass - nice but not essential.

It also has foil decals on the LE - very nice.

Decals on pro/premium need to be inspected as many have bubbling in them.

Massive points in KA - in the billions Not for me mind you.... but one day, one day.

#1067 4 years ago

^^^^Agreed the Paul and Gene Call outs are sweet ^^^^

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just to throw something else out there.
KISS LE has a mirrored backglass - nice but not essential.
It also has foil decals on the LE - very nice.
Decals on pro/premium need to be inspected as many have bubbling in them.
Massive points in KA - in the billions Not for me mind you.... but one day, one day.

Did the LE have any decal issues do you know of? I can get hold of a German only version with the funny SSs. I’m playing a waiting game. If JJP GnR is a dog I’m buying a NIB German Kiss LE

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Gents,
Thanks in advance.

I have what I consider and pretty decent collection and KissLE is my favorite game. I am sure there are others that the pinball elite would call better but for me I just love the feel of Kiss.

#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Right ramp is a tight/steep shot...just takes some practice.
With the finished code, KISS is one of my favorite games of all-time. My advice is go for a Premium and install a "PinWoofer" audio system with some of the money you save. The game sounds stunning with this audio upgrade.
Here is a video of my game in action...

Better get a protector before that Star Child Plastic breaks!

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Did the LE have any decal issues do you know of? I can get hold of a German only version with the funny SSs. I’m playing a waiting game. If JJP GnR is a dog I’m buying a NIB German Kiss LE

Not sure.

Decals on KISS pro I had were bad.

#1072 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I have what I consider and pretty decent collection and KissLE is my favorite game. I am sure there are others that the pinball elite would call better but for me I just love the feel of Kiss.

Played mine last night...after last code drop, the game is truly a keeper... really, really enjoy it!!

#1073 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

@snaroff looks and sounds simply awesome, many thanks for sharing!
You had no issues hitting that right ramp.
Also good to see the latest code in action. Kinda strange, I was contemplating perhaps an Aerosmith or Kiss but I have to be realistic, I much prefer Kiss music and I think the integration in this pin is way better. It just seems much more iconic also The Pinwoofer is a fantastic upgrade, I’ve only heard good things from his systems.

Glad you like it!

I owned Aerosmith for a little over one year and decided to let it go. The Aerosmith cartoon images on the color LCD are nicer than the lame "dots" on KISS. Otherwise, KISS is a much more interesting/exciting game to play...the layout geometry and rules rock on KISS. The multi-balls are also really interesting.

#1074 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Gents,
Thanks in advance.

I love my KISS LE. With the new code it has everything I look for. The light show was improved and definitely enhances each mode and multi-ball. The Gene and Paul callouts are great. In an era where there can be a lack of assets available to themes, to have them do so many custom callouts - it is great. And a huge add IMO, being an ardent KISS fan was when they added "You Wanted the Best, You Got the Best..." at the beginning of a game. That is signature KISS and sets the concert mood. I love that the topper is interactive with the game. And I also really appreciate the homage paid to the original Bally KISS. I am one of those people that likes the mirrored backglass and the foil decals. To me, it was worth the extra money. I am not very good player at all and the right ramp can be a stickler. But with practice, it is doable. Take a little time and double check your setup and it will work fine. The biggest issue I have is that the scoop shot is important throughout the game and if you have any sort of protector on it, that shot can be a bear! Welcome to the club and enjoy!!

#1075 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Glad you like it!
and rules rock on KISS

as i'm still interested in 1 of these 2 pins to get home, could you explain more please, as AS & KISS have a quite similar code (tanx to Lonnie)
and also you dont have the play/risk rule MB on KISS, which is finally one of the main feature in the AS code

tanx

#1076 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

as i'm still interested in 1 of these 2 pins to get home, could you explain more please, as AS & KISS have a quite similar code (tanx to Lonnie)
and also you dont have the play/risk rule MB on KISS, which is finally one of the main feature in the AS code
tanx

ipdb lists a team of 5 programmers on KISS (https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6265)...not just Lonnie. The geometry is also much different...KISS has several challenging/rewarding shots (Starchild, GENE ramp, drum pops). I haven't played Aerosmith in a long time, so I can't really do a detailed analysis for you. I just don't remember playing it much (which is why I sold it). I like both bands, so music wasn't effecting my decision not to play it.

For me, KISS is a keeper. The video I posted above hopefully shows the overall vibe of playing the game. Ultimately, try and play both before making your own decision.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from Azgym:

The biggest issue I have is that the scoop shot is important throughout the game and if you have any sort of protector on it, that shot can be a bear! Welcome to the club and enjoy!!

I removed my scoop protector. I only believe in protectors when they don't ruin the game In a home environment, the scoop wear is minimal...

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ultimately, try and play both before making your own decision.

as always but none of these are here in the neighbours... i've only seen them in meeting/tournaments, that means cant really push/try the game to the limit

tanx

#1079 4 years ago

Owned both. Sold AS.

Apart from just being pure fun, KISS uses the song multipliers so well.

Get 2x, 3x or 5x, then hit center ramp to double again and there are other multipliers to be earned.

It means no 2 games are the same and you can blow the game up anywhere, but especially Kiss Army.

Getting to Rock City on factory settings is very hard.

Combos are great - never gets old.

Still never had the 10 combo shot.

Still haven't heard of a single person on planet earth who has got all 15 combos in a single game.

Come on all you streamers who like a challenge, show us what you are made of

#1080 4 years ago

Anyone put light mod on ball/magnet ?
I was told it’s a great mod . Need to update code it has the original from
Day one . Just set up today , love the artwork. Need to find Bally version to restore. I have a Kruzman KISS playfield that’s Stunning to install. Any must have mods please advise I’m new to this game

E61F1158-ADC1-48F2-AFEB-501ADCC54A69 (resized).jpegE61F1158-ADC1-48F2-AFEB-501ADCC54A69 (resized).jpeg
#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Day one . Just set up today , love the artwork. Need to find Bally version to restore. I have a Kruzman KISS playfield that’s Stunning to install. Any must have mods please advise I’m new to this game[quoted image]

Yes get the mod.It makes a big difference. I am not a crazy mod guy but this one definitely adds to the experience.

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Yes get the mod.It makes a big difference. I am not a crazy mod guy but this one definitely adds to the experience.

Who sells this ? I’m searching

#1083 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Who sells this ? I’m searching

Bookmark this thread. Take the time to read through it now as a new owner, search it later when you have questions, lots of good info here. The mod is here... I have it on my machine, it’s really good.

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/kiss/

#1084 4 years ago

Anyone looking to sell in the near future? Go nice between my AC/DC and GnR Thanks.

#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Bookmark this thread. Take the time to read through it now as a new owner, search it later when you have questions, lots of good info here. The mod is here... I have it on my machine, it’s really good.
http://www.kimballspinballs.com/kiss/

Thanks, and I will read this thread from the start ! Oh yeah I’m looking for a Bally Kiss to restore to put next to it

#1086 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Day one . Just set up today , love the artwork. Need to find Bally version to restore. I have a Kruzman KISS playfield that’s Stunning to install. Any must have mods please advise I’m new to this game[quoted image]

I put in the magnet light mod. It's one of my favorites. I forget at times it is a mod. I really highlights that mech. My other favorite is Mezel mods lighted amplifier . It really adds to the game. I put a cliffy on the backstage scoop. That one is a personal choice. There are mixed opinions on protecting it or not.
I put on a stern external volume controller also. Very convenient on a music theme.

#1087 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Thanks, and I will read this thread from the start ! Oh yeah I’m looking for a Bally Kiss to restore to put next to it

Absolutely! Do it! They belong together!!!

IMG_3197 (resized).JPGIMG_3197 (resized).JPG
#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Doesn't look like you have a Star Child Protector. Better get that before its too late and the plastic CRACKS!

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Doesn't look like you have a Star Child Protector. Better get that before its too late and the plastic CRACKS!

To be honest, besides that the plastic cracks(it has happened to hundreds of KISS Pinballs), the pain in the ass to replace that part it is a real pain!, and most important.... the "Star Child Protector" looks amazing! So you’re protected and also have a nice MOD
112DC3E7-6D69-4039-AC5F-F1AB93C314BB (resized).jpeg112DC3E7-6D69-4039-AC5F-F1AB93C314BB (resized).jpeg64FC27C1-E0D3-46E1-85BE-7FD5190B1165 (resized).jpeg64FC27C1-E0D3-46E1-85BE-7FD5190B1165 (resized).jpegBB4DC7A1-7334-4988-8E6D-4F0561387573 (resized).jpegBB4DC7A1-7334-4988-8E6D-4F0561387573 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1090 4 years ago
E447667E-24B6-4119-B4B4-83ED0E150D77 (resized).jpegE447667E-24B6-4119-B4B4-83ED0E150D77 (resized).jpeg
#1091 4 years ago

Being stuck at home I wanted to know what happens after you collect 15 cities.

This is something that I can never ever imagine happening in a game so I took the glass off.

It took me ages and multiple attempts using my hands. Lol.

Anyway ignore if you don't want to know.

Spoiler alert!

Complete and you get a nice animation and 50 million points.

Good luck anyone ever getting it

#1092 4 years ago

Ok, soon to be an elite member.
I’ve ordered a German Kiss Le NIB.
Hopefully arrive next week as goods movement still allowed through quarantined zones.
Who can sell me the following:-
1. Stern Kiss topper - don’t laugh - like rocking horse shit, I know
2. Starchild protector

Thanks guys

#1093 4 years ago

Congrats on getting the LE...very underrated game...my personal favorite. Capguntrooper sells the Star child protector. Get it for sure and the back love Gun light mod from Kimballs pinballs. It really adds to the light show at the start of Love gun multiball.

I never had an issue with the star child plastic and was never worried about it. Broke down and bought it. About a month after I installed it sure enough the ball rolled over the single drop target and it machine gunned the ball into the plastic.....I had never seen that before. Glad I had the protector!

#1094 4 years ago

Thanks Pickle - appreciated dude

#1095 4 years ago

Welcome to the Kiss LE Club! There can’t be many of us in the UK.
I echo everything Pickle said (Love Gun light mod is great).
The light for Gene’s mouth too.
Oh, and in my experience, it’s not worth putting a Cliffy on the backstage pass entrance. Spoils the gameplay.

It’s a great pin - enjoy!

#1096 4 years ago

KISS fans will notice this.
I’m first and foremost an Ace guy so I really am quite unhappy about this.
In fact, I said years beforehand that the day they put someone else in Ace Frehley’s outfit would be the day I gave up on KISS.

On the artwork it is Ace. He’s got a peculiar almond-shaped face.

Tommy, whom I respect, but am nevertheless Not Cool with him being The Spaceman has a very Minecraft-esque square head.

That square head is what’s on the DMD.

So I’m not down.

It’s very hard to get, but google ‘Vinnie Vincent Wizard Mode’.

New York Groove

XTN

https://www.instagram.com/p/B94Hn66nU2P/?igshid=1bli1759esmq6

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Is this something in the game? I couldn't find anything.

#1098 4 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

KISS fans will notice this.
I’m first and foremost an Ace guy so I really am quite unhappy about this.
In fact, I said years beforehand that the day they put someone else in Ace Frehley’s outfit would be the day I gave up on KISS.
On the artwork it is Ace. He’s got a peculiar almond-shaped face.
Tommy, whom I respect, but am nevertheless Not Cool with him being The Spaceman has a very Minecraft-esque square head.
That square head is what’s on the DMD.
So I’m not down.
New York Groove
XTN
https://www.instagram.com/p/B94Hn66nU2P/?igshid=1bli1759esmq6

Tommy's only on the DMD and I've replaced the songs to all originals so I'm fine with it.

#1099 4 years ago

Ha! Just after singing its praises, mine’s developed a minor problem.
The Demon is making the “spit out” noise and the mechanism is firing, when it shouldn’t. With no balls locked.
It’s not constant, but frequent.

Any ideas anyone? Dirty/dodgy opto maybe?

#1100 4 years ago

Mine did this when I first got it.

I can't remember exactly how it got fixed.

From memory it was one of the 3 sets of optos that do locks 1-3.

Think I cleaned them and generally jiggled them around - checking connectors etc.

Might have put a new opto in.

Coming back to me that wiggling cables I was able to work out which opto it was.

Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/22?hl=tempest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.