IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 39.
#1001 4 years ago

Clearly, I’m having a big Saturday night
It’s Cold Gin time again

#1002 4 years ago

Update:
VUK Power 28 is not good, when two balls in the vuk i get trouble. So levelled up to 35 and now the ball comes to the left flipper instead the right flipper. OK. I accept it
If i get trouble again like joekiss? Do not know, but had it not before lowelling, so i think no.
Disc-problem is also solved. Works in test-menu, works in play. Settings is the key. Made off and on. Pushed alle connectors under the table. Now it is OK.

Fine machine

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Anyone have a Kiss topper they’d like to sell?

Theres one on Ebay right now for $900

#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Guess expecting a $6500 pinball machine to work is too much to ask. How about the fact that the ball gets stuck in the Gene head all of the time. Probably 25% of my games end with the following message. Truly sorry if you dont like my opinion.[quoted image]

Joe, I agree w/you on the Demon head. It's a poorly designed mech. A bunch of simple concepts that *should* work together in theory, but if one's out of whack, the whole thing wrecks the experience. Lived through it for 2+ years and it's a PITA to troubleshoot, b/c the breakdown could be anywhere, including the optos.

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

It’s taken 4 years, but we’ve finally reached 1k posts
Cheers to the Kiss faithful
This game is actually pretty good!

It is a fun game, the code updates have been great. probably the prettiest I've had in a while too.

Unfortunately I'm short on space so I'm moving mine out. If anyone is interested in a HUO mint KISS premium that DOESN'T have ANY gene head issues lol, hit me up! I'm in the Boston MA area.

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Im stuck with it. I bought it as a KISS collectible and it sits in my KISS room. people come over and play a game or two then move on to a much better machine. If am ever asked what i think i will be honest. Always hope I can keep someone else from buying such an awful machine. And yes of course Im very very disappointed about what an awful machine this turned out to be.

KISS music is pretty terrible anyway, listen to a song or two and then most people move on. Your pin matches the band!

I think its a very fun pin and I get almost no SDTM shots. I'm moving mine out so if you want to buy one that wont keep you up at night, I'll sell you mine!

#1007 4 years ago

Why do people who use a pin for 4+ years list it as MINT? Used doesnt equal MINT.

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Why do people who use a pin for 4+ years list it as MINT? Used doesnt equal MINT.

Sure can be.

“Mint condition is an expression used to denote the quality of a pre-owned good as displaying virtually no imperfections”

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Sure can be.
“Mint condition is an expression used to denote the quality of a pre-owned good as displaying virtually no imperfections”

Had no idea MINT could be applied to used items. KISS premiums dont come up for sale very often. Best of luck with your sale!

#1010 4 years ago

Had no idea MINT could be applied to used items. KISS premiums dont come up for sale very often. Best of luck with your sale!

Of course. A 50-year old baseball card can still be Mint condition. In pinball terms I would assume New In Box would be better than Mint.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Of course. A 50-year old baseball card can still be Mint condition. In pinball terms I would assume New In Box would be better than Mint.

For me, I always went by the philosophy that if it was out of it's original packaging it wasnt Mint. In terms of pinball who knows? Does a 5 year old game with dimples classify Mint?

#1012 4 years ago

For me, I always went by the philosophy that if it was out of it's original packaging it wasnt Mint. In terms of pinball who knows? Does a 5 year old game with dimples classify Mint?Ne because It has dimples. In theory a 50 year old machine that was taken out of a box never played and stored correctly is mint correct? Is a new 2019 machine that comes out of the box with a broken backglass mint? Plus honestly mint is more of a baseball card/comic term.

#1013 4 years ago

Is it mint if you do a complete play field swap with no plays? What if you add a protector on day one and a ball never touched the play field? Personally I like pepper mint paddies

1 week later
#1014 4 years ago

Came home last to my girlfriend telling me "there's something wrong with Gene's head", which immediately worried me given all the issues with that mech. Fortunately after a brief troubleshoot, I found it was just that a wire broke at the solder on the VUK coil. Soldered that baby, and demon is back! Very happy that it was a quick fix, especially considering I've never had any trouble with Gene (no STDM or other issues).

#1015 4 years ago

I just got an almost NIB HUO Kiss pro!
I wonder, what is the best scoop protector, is this the cliffy one which I have heard makes the scoop tighter and more challenging to hit:

https://www.pinball.co.uk/clone/game-specific-parts/kiss/cliffy-protector-for-stern-kiss/

or this hole protector, which looks similar to the one my TNA has?

https://www.pinball.co.uk/spares-accessories/kiss-by-stern-pinball-hole-protector/

#1016 4 years ago

from a gameplay point of view, the 2nd one (i love what Cliff do of course, but talking about scoop i prefer Mantis without a doubt)

1 week later
#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Anybody else seen backstage pass flashing at the scoop, only to hit the shot and nothing happens? (Ball ejects and still flashing...). Very misleading for a dangerous shot.

Hi Pinside community,

First post, but I thought I would bump this question back up. I just picked up a Kiss Premium. Looks new, code updated, plays awesome.

Like this original post I too am seeing this behavior, backstage is lit plus any other lights, new track, extra ball, etc.. when I hit the shot...30-50% of the time it just pops back out, without awarding the Backstage Pass or anything else lit up.

I had a cliffy, removed it(which makes the shot easier but the behavior is the same, with or w/o the cliffy.

Any insights?

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Hi Pinside community,
First post, but I thought I would bump this question back up. I just picked up a Kiss Premium. Looks new, code updated, plays awesome.
Like this original post I too am seeing this behavior, backstage is lit plus any other lights, new track, extra ball, etc.. when I hit the shot...30-50% of the time it just pops back out, without awarding the Backstage Pass or anything else lit up.
I had a cliffy, removed it(which makes the shot easier but the behavior is the same, with or w/o the cliffy.
Any insights?

Misaligned metal edges or bracket below maybe?
Is the switch registering in switch test?

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Hi Pinside community,
Any insights?

I had this exact issue shortly after buying new. I replaced the scoop micro switch and haven't had an issue since.

#1021 4 years ago

Regarding LE with up to date code: Is there a setting to disable auto-launch during the "choose a new song" moment? It times out and will choose a song for you, then auto-launch if you don't choose one in time. I'd love to take a breather and swig a beer after completing a song mode.

#1022 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the Pinball Life Spike Knocker Interface kit ? I have a Kiss LE, code 1.41.

I have it installed but I cant get it to work, I have the knocker volume off in standard adjustments, but I can't find standard adjustment #54

Q24 option knocker installed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#1023 4 years ago

I had this exact issue shortly after buying new. I replaced the scoop micro switch and haven't had an issue since.

Thanks for the suggestions Edenecho and Thundergod, much appreciated.

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from kingpinman:

Has anyone installed the Pinball Life Spike Knocker Interface kit ? I have a Kiss LE, code 1.41.
I have it installed but I cant get it to work, I have the knocker volume off in standard adjustments, but I can't find standard adjustment #54
Q24 option knocker installed.
Thanks in advance for any help.

I just installed mine, and it seems like I had trouble finding it to. But then it I finally found it. I think I just cycled through a couple times.

#1025 4 years ago

I found it also, with the code updates, numbers and locations moved. Sounds so much better than the screech.
Thanks

#1026 4 years ago

Might want to consult a dictionary. MINT => Pristine Condition. MANY games that are 4+ years are MINT...in fact, better than NIB (considering all the well documented NIB issues discussed on Pinside).

#1027 4 years ago

If you want your KISS to really rock, you need the PinWoofer amps & speaker kit.

I've fiddled with audio mods over the years and this is "hands down" the best audio kit ever produced for pinball machines! Not a huge "modder", but this kit is a must have for Rock & Roll pins. Dan (the creator) provides great support and is a fine human

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer/page/7#post-5303538

IMG_0439 (resized).jpegIMG_0439 (resized).jpegIMG_0443 (resized).jpegIMG_0443 (resized).jpeg
#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Might want to consult a dictionary. MINT => Pristine Condition. MANY games that are 4+ years are MINT...in fact, better than NIB (considering all the well documented NIB issues discussed on Pinside).

Sorry but a dimpled playfield IMO is not MINT. You have your opinion and I'll have mine. That discussion was weeks ago. We've all moved on.

#1029 4 years ago

Sorry but a dimpled playfield IMO is not MINT. You have your opinion and I'll have mine. That discussion was weeks ago. We've all moved on.

Sorry, but the "new" games look worse after 100 plays than my LOTR after over 10k plays (in terms of "dimpling"). Wish this weren't the case, but the wood, materials, and overall craftsmanship isn't what it use to be. If you are new to the hobby, I don't fault you for being uninformed.

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sorry, but the "new" games look worse after 100 plays than my LOTR after over 10k plays (in terms of "dimpling"). Wish this weren't the case, but the wood, materials, and overall craftsmanship isn't what it use to be.

Couldn't agree with you more on this point. I so wish these newer games were built like they were 20+ years ago.

#1031 4 years ago

Couldn't agree with you more on this point. I so wish these newer games were built like they were 20+ years ago.

Isnt the think with dimples that they even out, so basically u would need to compare a new game after 10k plays with an old game after 10k plays?

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Isnt the think with dimples that they even out, so basically u would need to compare a new game after 10k plays with an old game after 10k plays?

No. The “think” is BS. Opinion is based on owning many games over 15 years...

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Quoted from snaroff:

No. The “think” is BS. Opinion is based on owning many games over 15 years...

Pinball protector day one. So no dimples. What's the verdict on that front?

#1034 4 years ago

Follow-up, I did also find this Service Bulletin from Stern... this looks on point.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/sb186.pdf

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Pinball protector day one. So no dimples. What's the verdict on that front?

Not a believer in adding a "pinball protector"...

#1036 4 years ago

Anybody have this issue ? Balls not ejecting from Demon head. Looked underneath playfield I did not see any broken connections, Did the vertical coil test in the head, #23 And nothing.

Running code 1.41

Anything to look for or check ?

Thanks in advance

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not a believer in adding a "pinball protector"...

Believer or not, it would prevent dimples I guess... ?

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from kingpinman:

Anybody have this issue ? Balls not ejecting from Demon head. Looked underneath playfield I did not see any broken connections, Did the vertical coil test in the head, #23 And nothing.
Running code 1.41
Anything to look for or check ?
Thanks in advance

I recently had this issue. The ball would lock, but the VUK wasn't kicking it up and out. I tested the switch and it was recognizing the ball, but no VUK engagement. After inspecting the VUK mech underneath the playfield, I found a loose wire on the VUK coil. Soldered that back and it worked like new.

#1039 4 years ago

Sorry guys, i have to go. Had a swap with an AC/DC Pro Vault, i could not resist.

#1041 4 years ago

No please. Maybe someday i say: I´ll be back. Who knows?

KISS is a super fun game, but AC/DC is more my music and i regret that i sold my AC/DC years ago.
Now i have the better Pro with LED, Swinging Bell etc than the older days.
So, i had to do the swap.
A 2015 to a 2018 game cannot be not done.

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Sorry guys, i have to go. Had a swap with an AC/DC Pro Vault, i could not resist.

Good swap. And I’m a huge Kiss fan.

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Follow-up, I did also find this Service Bulletin from Stern... this looks on point.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/sb186.pdf

THank you for posting this. Just picked up a NIB KISS LE and my scoop wasnt awarding the shot. Adjusted the switch and all good!

1 week later
#1044 4 years ago

Not expecting a quick answer but here goes!

LG Super Jackpot on LE/Premium.

It's a countdown 50 million.

Possible to get Colossal which is 5 x 50 million.

So, that is a possible 250 million SJ.

Is that maximum possible?

I tested with glass off and using center ramp didn't increase it.

I know that on KA it is possible to get SJ's over a billion but haven't managed that yet.

2 weeks later
#1045 4 years ago

COMING SOON! To a PREM/LE near you if you are unprotected. Get the Star child flame protector before your plastics SNAP!

7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
#1046 4 years ago

Awesome product for an awesome game. I’m every bit as psyched for this machine as when I first bought it!!!

#1047 4 years ago

Had first prolonged session on mine for a while yesterday. It’s such a fun, hectic, combo-tastic pin.

1 week later
#1048 4 years ago

Anyone tried to put a clear/white rubber on the spinning disc on LE/Premium?

Reason - more spin and no black dirt everywhere!

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone tried to put a clear/white rubber on the spinning disc on LE/Premium?
Reason - more spin and no black dirt everywhere!

THIS MAY HELP

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-demon-vuk-spinning-disc-protection-mod

#1050 4 years ago

Nice!

Will look for some KISS decals that also put a bit of spin on the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/21?hl=tempest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.