IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 39.
#951 4 years ago

Whos got the best custom painted pingulp to match the LE? Something with flames would be nice.

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whos got the best custom painted pingulp to match the LE? Something with flames would be nice.

Pinball Metal has one that matches perfectly. Red paint to match the armor and the same artwork that surrounds the speakers. I have one on my LE.

2 weeks later
#953 4 years ago

What you guys reckon to the German version of Kiss?
I can get my hands on an LE one but all over the Pin - Translite, PF, DMD, Cab it has Kiss and not the normal ss(bolts)
I guess it would look kinda weird...

#954 4 years ago

I only just learned the Lovegun rules are different on pro/premium.

LE/Premium has a 50 million countdown SJ that can be multiplied 10 or 20 times?

I think pro it's a 20 million collect sj.

Definitely a great feature but hard to collect so I guess that's why it hasn't been talked about much?

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

What you guys reckon to the German version of Kiss?
I can get my hands on an LE one but all over the Pin - Translite, PF, DMD, Cab it has Kiss and not the normal ss(bolts)
I guess it would look kinda weird...

It would drive me nuts having the German logo all over. Do they still require the logo in Germany to be censored? I thought I read somewhere that KISS no longer needed to change it.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

It would drive me nuts having the German logo all over. Do they still require the logo in Germany to be censored? I thought I read somewhere that KISS no longer needed to change it.

The ss bolts are def outlawed in DE, not sure if Kiss now have a free pass.
I think the German Pin version just doesn’t look right. Considering the LE has the mirrored back glass with the wrong Kiss logo and the PF, cab etc... just doesn’t seem right.
Crazy stupid decision, just don’t think I can part with nearly 10k Euro for something perhaps regarded as an imposter.

#957 4 years ago

I think it's hilarious that the SS logo of the name gets grief from people/governments. Now, take into consideration both Gene and Paul are Jewish and if that were not enough, Genes parents survived the Nazi concentration camps. Gene doesn't let that hold any power over him, in fact HE OWNS IT, trademarked and all!

#958 4 years ago

Hello to all,
i am in.
Pro.
No bolts (german-version).
Machine comes Monday, i am happy.
I think, bolts or not, this machine makes me smile playing it. Good sign

#959 4 years ago

Kiss is my number one or number two game, Star Trek being the other. I just love it!

1 week later
#960 4 years ago

and than, with more than enough time for a good feedback (talking about last updates of course), what you guys think about this pinball !?

still digging it ? i may jump on it (a LE, in a swap with my DI LE), but i'm still not sure (about value of each one)... :/

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, with more than enough time for a good feedback (talking about last updates of course), what you guys think about this pinball !?
still digging it ? i may jump on it (a LE, in a swap with my DI LE), but i'm still not sure (about value of each one)... :/

Totally still digging it! Not as deep as other pins but very challenging. KISS will make you a better player. The city combos and consistent shots to the right ramp are difficult and very satisfying.

#962 4 years ago

Totally still digging it! Not as deep as other pins but very challenging. KISS will make you a better player. The city combos and consistent shots to the right ramp are difficult and very satisfying.

Agreed, and just a fun, fun pin!!! Very glad I grabbed one....

#963 4 years ago

Still terrible. Dont recommend. Im stuck with it as I bought it as a KISS collectible and had it signed. Horrid game play and the Gene STDM every time feature. They changed the code so any time it spits the ball out there is an automatic save but still no excuse for such an awful feature. I would sell at a loss in a heartbeat and buy something else if it wasnt a KISS machine.

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Still terrible. Dont recommend. Im stuck with it as I bought it as a KISS collectible and had it signed. Horrid game play and the Gene STDM every time feature. They changed the code so any time it spits the ball out there is an automatic save but still no excuse for such an awful feature. I would sell at a loss in a heartbeat and buy something else if it wasnt a KISS machine.

That is so crazy. It is my favorite game. So interesting how everyone’s taste is different. I love the game. I guess try before you buy.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Lol. Dude, you've been here crying about this pin for years. If it brings you so much pain just sell it lol. Crazy.

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Lol. Dude, you've been here crying about this pin for years. If it brings you so much pain just sell it lol. Crazy.

Im stuck with it. I bought it as a KISS collectible and it sits in my KISS room. people come over and play a game or two then move on to a much better machine. If am ever asked what i think i will be honest. Always hope I can keep someone else from buying such an awful machine. And yes of course Im very very disappointed about what an awful machine this turned out to be.

#967 4 years ago

It is interesting you have the problem with the gene head. I have never had that problem.

I do have a problem with my AC/DC where the ball comes out of the pops/bell and goes right down the middle.

It can be quite frustrating but it is still a good game and Kiss is better!!

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Im stuck with it. I bought it as a KISS collectible and it sits in my KISS room. people come over and play a game or two then move on to a much better machine. If am ever asked what i think i will be honest. Always hope I can keep someone else from buying such an awful machine. And yes of course Im very very disappointed about what an awful machine this turned out to be.

I am sure you can get 7k or so for it.

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Still terrible. Dont recommend. Im stuck with it as I bought it as a KISS collectible and had it signed. Horrid game play and the Gene STDM every time feature. They changed the code so any time it spits the ball out there is an automatic save but still no excuse for such an awful feature.

I owned a premium a couple years ago and sold it. I just recently grabbed a NIB LE. It’s not the most robust ruleset, but it’s a blast to play. Both of my copies had gene spitting the ball sdtm. I took a small piece of foam gasket with adhesive on one side and cut it into a small ramp like shape. I then stuck it on genes tongue so it diverts the ball to the left flipper. It’s hard to notice the gasket piece and the ball never goes SDTM. It makes a huge difference and I love the game.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Have you ever played a different one? Maybe on location or at someone's house?
Just wandering what you thought of one that didn't have those issues.

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

It is interesting you have the problem with the gene head. I have never had that problem.
I do have a problem with my AC/DC where the ball comes out of the pops/bell and goes right down the middle.

Ive had many calls with Stern think I have taken it apart 4 times and adjusted it. They sent a new part. Same every time.

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Have you ever played a different one? Maybe on location or at someone's house?
Just wandering what you thought of one that didn't have those issues.Every one I play on location is about the same.

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I think going from the pops right down the pipe is a Stern thing. KISS does that a lot also.

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Have you ever had a Love Gun super jackpot, multiplied 10x?

The rush is insane!

Huge, huge super jackpots at different points in this game.

Biggest I have heard of so far is around 4 billion!

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I took a small piece of foam gasket with adhesive on one side and cut it into a small ramp like shape. I then stuck it on genes tongue so it diverts the ball to the left flipper. It’s hard to notice the gasket piece and the ball never goes SDTM. It makes a huge difference and I love the game.

Thanks for this information. Mine does nearly always this STDM-thing and i hate it. Ball save is no solution, so i will try your tip with invisible pads (like under glasstables), so the ball bounces out of his way STDM.

It kills a lot of fun when you hit the right thing and your bonus is a draining ball.....

All other mentioned problems (Ramp STDM or Starchild area STDM) are not here.

So i will get this pin in the right direction. This is one of the best pins i have ever played and i am not a KISS Fan.

Only the music drives me nuts, hours after (!) playing the pin the music is in my head again and again. Love gun Loooove gun....

#976 4 years ago

I had the SDTM middle issues also when I first got the machine. I just lowered the setting that controls the speed at which the ball is ejected from Gene's mouth. Solved the problem instantly. You could lower the setting so much that the ball will just drop out of Gene's mouth. Not very exciting but it wont shoot SDTM.

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I think going from the pops right down the pipe is a Stern thing. KISS does that a lot also.

If you look back in one of the KISS threads on Pinside, you can easily adjust the eject power from Gene's mouth to a lower setting that will prevent the straight down the middle problem. I had the same issue when I first bought my Premium out of the box but that minor adjustment of the power setting resolved that.

#978 4 years ago

You could lower the setting so much that the ball will just drop out of Gene's mouth. Not very exciting but it wont shoot SDTM.

Which setting is it? Name or number of the menu-point please. Thank you.

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Which setting is it? Name or number of the menu-point please. Thank you.

It's called "Demon LockUp/Release Power" and controls the coil that kicks out locked balls from the Demon Head. Not sure of the adjustment number but it's under Game settings.

#980 4 years ago

It's called "Demon LockUp/Release Power" and controls the coil that kicks out locked balls from the Demon Head. Not sure of the adjustment number but it's under Game settings.There were 2 separate adjustments if I remember correctly.

#981 4 years ago

It's called "Demon LockUp/Release Power" and controls the coil that kicks out locked balls from the Demon Head. Not sure of the adjustment number but it's under Game settings.

Depending on what code you're running, Demon Lockup and Demon Eject Power are reversed. Just FYI. Latest update might have solved this.

#982 4 years ago

I just don't have the STDM issue with Gene...maybe I'm lucky. I always just raise my left flipper and it tips right over to the right flipper. I do that every time with all 3 balls when demon starts. Either way, I think trying to fix the issue (like the foam idea lodgingdolphin mentioned is more productive than just complaining incessantly about a problem. Coming up with creative fixes for issues is half the fun of this hobby.

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Depending on what code you're running, Demon Lockup and Demon Eject Power are reversed. Just FYI. Latest update might have solved this.

Code is 1.41. What is the right thing to change? Demon Lockup or Demon eject power? Do not understand this well enough. Thank you.

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Code is 1.41. What is the right thing to change? Demon Lockup or Demon eject power? Do not understand this well enough. Thank you.

Lower Demon Lockup. They redefined them in the latest code but their names are confusing to most users. The Demon Eject controls the VUK power that shoots the balls INTO Gene's head for multiball. You May have to power cycle the machine for the changes to take effect.

#985 4 years ago

I have had access to two Kiss pros and one LE. They all occasionally STDM me from Gene, but heck, that’s pinball. IMO it‘s a great-looking, fun game. Not Grade A, but at least B+.

#986 4 years ago

Anyone thinking of swopping songs.

God of Thunder works brilliantly in place of Hotter than Hell.

Also swapped Love it Loud for Crazy Crazy Nights.

And Black Diamond for I was Made for Loving You.

Don't suppose anyone on planet earth has got all 15 cities in a game yet?

#987 4 years ago

Lower Demon Lockup. They redefined them in the latest code but their names are confusing to most users. The Demon Eject controls the VUK power that shoots the balls INTO Gene's head for multiball. You May have to power cycle the machine for the changes to take effect.

Hello again,

i find Demon eject control but not Demon Lockup.

Demon eject is directly after scoop eject (that means the hole für Backstage pass i think) and starchild area scoop (that means the hole on the top of this area i think). But after these three control menu points there is no Demon lockup, not directly after these nor later in the setting-menu.
I am confused……..

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Hello again,
i find Demon eject control but not Demon Lockup.
Demon eject is directly after scoop eject (that means the hole für Backstage pass i think) and starchild area scoop (that means the hole on the top of this area i think). But after these three control menu points there is no Demon lockup, not directly after these nor later in the setting-menu.
I am confused……..

Its gotta be there somewhere. I've adjusted that setting with every code update. I have it written down also but I'm not home til later. I'll be more than happy to check later and post if someone else doesnt beforehand.

#989 4 years ago

Hello,

here are the pics of the settings. Number 4 is Demon VUK, before is Star eject power, after is Ball save time Demon. No number with lockup.
And some pics of my machine.

_2261556 (resized).JPG_2261556 (resized).JPG_2261557 (resized).JPG_2261557 (resized).JPG_2261558 (resized).JPG_2261558 (resized).JPG_2261559 (resized).JPG_2261559 (resized).JPG_2261560 (resized).JPG_2261560 (resized).JPG_2261561 (resized).JPG_2261561 (resized).JPG_2261562 (resized).JPG_2261562 (resized).JPG_2261566 (resized).JPG_2261566 (resized).JPG_2261567 (resized).JPG_2261567 (resized).JPG
#990 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I took a small piece of foam gasket with adhesive on one side and cut it into a small ramp like shape. I then stuck it on genes tongue so it diverts the ball to the left flipper. It’s hard to notice the gasket piece and the ball never goes SDTM. It makes a huge difference and I love the game.

It works! Have done, what you suggested. Behind the tongue is a metal piece. On the right side a small foam gasket and the ball triples out direct to the right flipper. EVERY TIME! Thanks a lot.
What i have seen, under the head is a disk.
Never noticed that before.
It seems, mine does not work. Or is it a mode-thing? If not, what can i do to make it working? Settings? Connectors?

Last sentence to the spit-problem.
I am not the McGyver of this town, but two minutes of work, two cent of invest and that is too complex for joekiss? Two minutes work versus years of anger? That is too high for me.

#991 4 years ago

So this just happened, I had 3x scoring on Kiss army multiball and completed it. My super jackpot was 861,xxx,xxx in that mode.

20191011_134815 (resized).jpg20191011_134815 (resized).jpg20191011_134836 (resized).jpg20191011_134836 (resized).jpg
#992 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

It works! Have done, what you suggested. Behind the tongue is a metal piece. On the right side a small foam gasket and the ball triples out direct to the right flipper. EVERY TIME! Thanks a lot.
What i have seen, under the head is a disk.
Never noticed that before.
It seems, mine does not work. Or is it a mode-thing? If not, what can i do to make it working? Settings? Connectors?
Last sentence to the spit-problem.
I am not the McGyver of this town, but two minutes of work, two cent of invest and that is too complex for joekiss? Two minutes work versus years of anger? That is too high for me.

Guess expecting a $6500 pinball machine to work is too much to ask. How about the fact that the ball gets stuck in the Gene head all of the time. Probably 25% of my games end with the following message. Truly sorry if you dont like my opinion.

20180118_122038 (resized).jpg20180118_122038 (resized).jpg
#993 4 years ago

There is a piece that Stern has that fixes the stuck balls in Gene's head. Mine did the same til I switched that part.

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Guess expecting a $6500 pinball machine to work is too much to ask. How about the fact that the ball gets stuck in the Gene head all of the time. Probably 25% of my games end with the following message. Truly sorry if you dont like my opinion.[quoted image]

Did not want to hurt you, did not understand why not fix an easy problem when you know how.
This here in the picture is another problem, i have that problem never seen in my pin.
But i saw a solution for this problem too.
Stern has a new metal thing to make this problem obsolete.
Step by step.... and you have a fun machine.

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Did not want to hurt you, did not understand why not fix an easy problem when you know how.
This here in the picture is another problem, i have that problem never seen in my pin.
But i saw a solution for this problem too.
Stern has a new metal thing to make this problem obsolete.
Step by step.... and you have a fun machine.

They have sent me two different parts. I keep a long extendable magnet when i have to get them out myself. has been like this since I opened the box.

#996 4 years ago

Anyone looking to lower the speed at which the balls fly OUT of Gene's mouth its Adjustments/Feature Adjustments (KISS)/#10 Demon Lockup. I have mine set at 22. You DO NOT want to adjust #9. That adjustment is for the VUK of the balls INTO Gene's mouth.

#997 4 years ago

Anyone have a Kiss topper they’d like to sell?

#998 4 years ago

Post #998

#999 4 years ago

Post #999

#1000 4 years ago

It’s taken 4 years, but we’ve finally reached 1k posts
Cheers to the Kiss faithful
This game is actually pretty good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/20?hl=pinslot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.