IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 39.
#901 4 years ago

Just got the wifey's MBR LE this month.... Hopefully they will "maybe" remake the KISS pin again. I thought it was a good pin before. It sounds great with upgrades and codes...Fingers crossed . Maybe I can find a Premium NIB or LE NIB now in the future.. Congrats to the peeps that have one... NT.

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi Kiss Army,
I may have an opportunity to pick up a Kiss LE NIB that's been in storage by a distro.
Am i correct in saying this game was produced in 2015?
How common is the SDTM issue from Gene Simmons napper?
Any other issues or is this pin pretty much bullet proof.....
The art package is awesome.....
Thanks.....

Unless you are a KISS fan I wouldnt. The Gene head is 100% STDM. You will tweak it and mess with it and it goes right back to STDM. Also the premium and LEs forgot the long magnet that you need to retrieve the ball from the demon lock mechanism that works about 10% of the time-the other 90% the ball gets stuck. I bought it as a KISS collectible. Absolutely awful playing machine. I have plenty of others to play.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Unless you are a KISS fan I wouldnt. The Gene head is 100% STDM. You will tweak it and mess with it and it goes right back to STDM. Also the premium and LEs forgot the long magnet that you need to retrieve the ball from the demon lock mechanism that works about 10% of the time-the other 90% the ball gets stuck. I bought it as a KISS collectible. Absolutely awful playing machine. I have plenty of others to play.

Wow, that’s not encouraging to us prospective owners! Yikes!
I’ll have to read deeper into this thread.

#904 4 years ago

All KISS LE/Premiums are not like that though. The KISS LE I play on location at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor hasn't spit a ball SDTM out of Gene's head on me yet.

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I completely disagree with this opinion. On my LE I have not had either of those problems with the Gene head, and I think it plays great. Some of the shots are a little tougher than an average Stern pin, but still very easy to get into a groove on. And the most recent code update was fantastic, it takes it to another level.

#906 4 years ago

I am a Kiss fan had a beautiful LE. I don’t miss it.

Gene head was inconsistent and sometimes pretty damn frustrating. The flow should be great, but some shots are too damn tight so it isn’t.

#907 4 years ago

I own KISS LE #50 and it plays amazingly. Other than a node board that was replaced under warranty it has been perfect... a truly awesome machine and an experience in itself! I have never had a STDM from Gene either. This game is NEVER leaving my game room!!!

#908 4 years ago

The issue of balls getting stuck in the head was addressed by stern. I got the part from them and it never happened again.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Sorry you had this problem, but to attribute it to all of the Kiss machines is ridiculous. I owned a Kiss LE and never had an issue with gene spitting the balls out SDTM. NEVER. I don't believe it was luck either. The reason I sold the game was because at the time the code sucked and had been abandoned.

#910 4 years ago

Yup, I have an LE with zero issues.
It’s great.

#911 4 years ago

I feel bad for others that had problems but we have never had any issues with our game. Absoluetly love it and so enjoy it.

#912 4 years ago

I've had zero issues with my LE. I love the game.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I completely disagree with this opinion. On my LE I have not had either of those problems with the Gene head, and I think it plays great. Some of the shots are a little tougher than an average Stern pin, but still very easy to get into a groove on. And the most recent code update was fantastic, it takes it to another level.

Agree!
Great machine

#914 4 years ago

Had my nib Le since feb
Love the machine!
Read people’s suggestions,
Loosened screws on gene head and twisted a little also messed with a couple settings. It’s not perfect but it’s 75% better with sdtm shots now.
And I would expect it to burn me with one down the middle once in a while, it’s part of the game.
If machine is leveled out pretty good ,
The right ramp is easier to hit and less sdtm. That’s been my experience with my machine.
When I first got machine I was playing with original code for a week til I updated to the latest. It made a huge difference.
I still feel this machine deserves a higher ranking, it’s fun , fast , great lighting fx and personally I like the music.

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I've had my premium for a couple months now with zero problems. Gene only spits the ball SDTM about 10-20% of the time and there's a 2 second ball save, so it's kind of no harm no foul. Love the game overall. Fast paced, some tough shots, some easy shots, and a fun ruleset. Underrated in my opinion.

#916 4 years ago

Since I had a number of Premium/LE owners contact me about the 1.41 "Live" version I did for my Pro, I now have a version available for the Premium/LE.

If you don't like the re-recorded, watered down versions of the music on the game, try playing it with original Live recordings! I replaced all songs with Live versions and replaced three songs that I personally didn't like (again, with Live recordings) -

Hotter Than Hell -> Makin' Love
Love It Loud -> Strutter
Calling Dr Love -> God Of Thunder

PM me if you want to give it a whirl.

#917 4 years ago

Ive had the premium since it was released. Ive taken the Gene head apart quite a few times, Stern has sent replacement parts, etc. STDM. Every time. What other pin has an automatic setting for a ball return like the new KISS code does? They know its a problem.

#918 4 years ago

LE owner here since NIB and never any SDTM issues.

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Ive had the premium since it was released. Ive taken the Gene head apart quite a few times, Stern has sent replacement parts, etc. STDM. Every time. What other pin has an automatic setting for a ball return like the new KISS code does? They know its a problem.

Have you lowered the Demon lockup setting? If you lower it enough the balls will just fall out of his mouth. Not what Stern intended but much better than SDTM.

#920 4 years ago

The LE Gene head is finicky, but certainly not impossible to fix the sdtm issue..... shoot, give me a weekend and I'll have the thing shooting in the outlane.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

The LE Gene head is finicky, but certainly not impossible to fix the sdtm issue..... shoot, give me a weekend and I'll have the thing shooting in the outlane.

Im right outside St louis.

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Since I had a number of Premium/LE owners contact me about the 1.41 "Live" version I did for my Pro, I now have a version available for the Premium/LE.

Got it loaded up this weekend, SOOO MUCH BETTER, THANK YOU!!!

#923 4 years ago

I love the artwork and really appreciate the respect paid to the Bally but the backboard art seems a little out of step with the rest. I don't think Kevin O did that part (just a guess)... So, I'm playing with the Alive II gate fold. I think I like it, whaddya think???

20190603_233105 (resized).jpg20190603_233105 (resized).jpg20190603_233131 (resized).jpg20190603_233131 (resized).jpg
#924 4 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I love the artwork and really appreciate the respect paid to the Bally but the backboard art seems a little out of step with the rest. I don't think Kevin O did that part (just a guess)... So, I'm playing with the Alive II gate fold. I think I like it, whaddya think???[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great

2 weeks later
#925 4 years ago

Anybody else have a kiss topper that stops working on them? The kiss topper I have after a couple hours seems to blink then shut down. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem?

#926 4 years ago

Playing with dolls, again...
What do you think?

20190626_011004 (resized).jpg20190626_011004 (resized).jpg20190626_014110 (resized).jpg20190626_014110 (resized).jpg20190626_014124 (resized).jpg20190626_014124 (resized).jpg
#927 4 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

What do you think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!

#928 4 years ago

I took the plunge and attempted to copy other Gene head repainting. I didn't strip it down, just put flat white and black over the top, ivory'ed the teeth, pink and purple'ed the tongue, blacked the nostrils, bloodied the mouth and tongue etc... but the coolest looking part, IMHO, is really heavy gloss on the tongue and eyes. I always liked how there was white makeup in his hair so I tried to replicate it but it just kinda looks like I did a crappy job, may touch it up. Good chance to add more gloss!

20190625_163154 (resized).jpg20190625_163154 (resized).jpg20190626_225236 (resized).jpg20190626_225236 (resized).jpg
#929 4 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

What do you think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The real trick is getting the drumb set in there so the ball comes drops into the star area during love gun multiball....it can be done!

20190628_154936 (resized).jpg20190628_154936 (resized).jpg20190628_155009 (resized).jpg20190628_155009 (resized).jpg20190628_155017 (resized).jpg20190628_155017 (resized).jpg
#930 4 years ago

Nice! I have a pro so that is just dead space up there. I opted for all figures and no drums.
Yours looks great!

#931 4 years ago

Anybody on planet Earth got all 15 cities yet to see what comes next?!

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

...planet Earth...

may be the Duran Duran multiball !?

#933 4 years ago

When You Wish Upon A Star from Gene's solo album. Or maybe Great Expectations...

#934 4 years ago

And +1 in the group of "didn't know my spinning disc wasn't spinning until I installed Mezel mod." Tested fine but never happened in game. Broken solder on opto. Works great now! I hot glued that led right under Gene's tongue so it lights below head and the other one is on the clear for in his mouth. Looks so good! So used to it not ever spinning that I get a little chuckle every time it does!

#935 4 years ago

And then this happened...

20190619_093446.jpg20190619_093446.jpg
#936 4 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

And then this happened... [quoted image]

Just had a 491 million game the other day. It felt amazing! Nice score.

#937 4 years ago

Just had my best on this "upgraded" code.

20190709_112047 (resized).jpg20190709_112047 (resized).jpg
#938 4 years ago

Groupie here! There is a KISS LE close to me, and i just love that pinball! Its one im considering owning one day. Got my best high score of 171 millions something! I dont think they have upgrade the code, im just able to select songs, i cant choose city, guess its there with older code. Still having a blast!

Quoted from kidchrisso:

The real trick is getting the drumb set in there so the ball comes drops into the star area during love gun multiball....it can be done![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Seriously, this is amazing, love these added figures!

#939 4 years ago

I have a friend who is not on Pinside that has a KISS Premium for sale in Iowa for $6000. Let me know if you're interested and I can pass along the information.

1 month later
#940 4 years ago

great first ball !
got 1.8B in total

IMG_20190508_213651 (resized).jpgIMG_20190508_213651 (resized).jpg
#941 4 years ago

Has anyone replaced the standard black rubbers with other colors or clear? I need to start swapping some out and I am considering putting on come reds and clears from Titan. Tired of the constant black trails always needing cleaned up. They just stick out like a sore thumb.

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Has anyone replaced the standard black rubbers with other colors or clear? I need to start swapping some out and I am considering putting on come reds and clears from Titan. Tired of the constant black trails always needing cleaned up. They just stick out like a sore thumb.

RED polyurethane and done

IMG_1661 (resized).JPGIMG_1661 (resized).JPGIMG_1680 (resized).JPGIMG_1680 (resized).JPGIMG_4413 (resized).JPGIMG_4413 (resized).JPG
#943 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Has anyone replaced the standard black rubbers with other colors or clear?

Orange for me. Look great.

#944 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

RED polyurethane and done[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm basically between the Titan reds and the clears. I like the way the red looks, so I'm kind of leaning red.

#945 4 years ago

Can't go wrong with Titans of any color especially clears. I went with Titan white to give a nod to the classic Bally version and I love the way it looks!

#947 4 years ago

On a different subject but same artist, I am looking for a KISS Bally Project machine or at a minimum a blown out playfield.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

mine never go straight down the middle from the gene head. Don't let one guys inability to set up a machine correctly discourage you.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

mine never go straight down the middle from the gene head. Don't let one guys inability to set up a machine correctly discourage you.

My machine is setup just fine thank you. Ive adjusted the angle and checked the leveling more than a few times. Ive contacted Stern quite a few times and have probably taken the demon head assembly apart and adjusted it at least 5 times. Stern has sent different parts they say are better. No need to insult me cause the machine is a complete lemon.

The positive is with the new code there is a save setting so anytime it shoots out of the demon head its an automatic save. I guess Stern realized what an awful feature it is also and added their fix into the code. Its still an awful feature. Theres a couple on location around me and one has old code. Very short games as the demon head is STDM every time on those also.

1 week later
#950 4 years ago

Hello people, does anyone know how many ohms the flipper coil has? is more powerfull than williams 11-629 ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/19?hl=j-drum11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.