IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 39.
#851 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Does KISS support a ColorDMD yet? I haven't seen that they have KISS as an option for using this yet.....

No, hence all these posts about Sigma (single color) DMD.

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

#852 5 years ago

But you can put color LCD in now and have a color of chosen in say hi-res mode.

That's what I am trying to do!

#853 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But you can put color LCD in now and have a color of chosen in say hi-res mode.
That's what I am trying to do!

Did u buy the LCD from ColorDMD?

#854 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I know this has been talked about many times but I cannot find the demon SDTM
Fix thread. Other then loosening the 4-6 screws and twisting his head , is there other tricks? I tried different eject powers unless I’m missing a certain one?
I tried putting some laminate in its mouth to mis direct the ball a little.
No luck. Is there something else anyone tried ?
My next move was going to be placing a little round felt piece in its mouth somewhere. The felt you adhere to bottom of chair legs ?

Its an absolute mess. On the old code there was a partial fix but this one is just perfect STDM everytime. Only fix is to turn on the automatic return in the settings. Just awful. Anyone else embarrassed when other people play their game? Complete fail by Stern. Seriously did the designers want it this way? Ive never seen something so awful and Ive played lots of pinball machines.

Im stuck with mine as a KISS collectible. Luckily Ive talked many other KISS fans out of buying it and many have changed their minds after playing mine.

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Its an absolute mess. On the old code there was a partial fix but this one is just perfect STDM everytime. Only fix is to turn on the automatic return in the settings. Just awful. Anyone else embarrassed when other people play their game? Complete fail by Stern. Seriously did the designers want it this way? Ive never seen something so awful and Ive played lots of pinball machines.
Im stuck with mine as a KISS collectible. Luckily Ive talked many other KISS fans out of buying it and many have changed their minds after playing mine.

Well it does suck when it happens but I wouldn’t talk anyone out of the game!
I like it a lot! I seem to gravitate more to it then the Metallica premium And so does everybody else that comes over .
It’s just fun and fast .
Anyway there Has to be a decent fix for this . I’m on a mission .
Like I said maybe there’s a little piece of felt with Adhesive on the back
Or a clear half round rubber piece you
That you find on the bottom of laptops etc. so they don’t slide .
Im going to experiment with one and adhere it somewhere in the mouth to mis direct the ball ...... like these!
https://www.amazon.com/Cabinet-Bumpers-Dampening-Drawers-Cutting/dp/B07LGK6RWN/ref=asc_df_B07LGK6RWN/

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I like it a lot! I seem to gravitate more to it then the Metallica premium And so does everybody else that comes over .
It’s just fun and fast .
Im going to experiment with one and adhere it somewhere in the mouth to mis direct the ball ...... like these!
amazon.com link »

I wouldnt wish this game on anyone. And Im a huge KISS fan stuck with this Stern machine.

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I fought tooth and nail w/the Demon while I had it, but my issue was locking balls properly. Sometimes it'd be perfect. Sometimes, it'd decide to register the lock, but spit out the ball into play. Sometimes, it wouldn't register at all.

I agree though. Overall it's a huge mechanism fail. They should be embarrassed.

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I wouldnt wish this game on anyone. And Im a huge KISS fan stuck with this Stern machine.

You aren’t allowed to sell it?

#859 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I fought tooth and nail w/the Demon while I had it, but my issue was locking balls properly. Sometimes it'd be perfect. Sometimes, it'd decide to register the lock, but spit out the ball into play. Sometimes, it wouldn't register at all.
I agree though. Overall it's a huge mechanism fail. They should be embarrassed.

I bought mine new and the mechanism has never worked right. Stern has sent replacement parts etc. Definite requirement with this game is the long flexible magnet to get the stuck balls out.

#860 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I bought mine new and the mechanism has never worked right. Stern has sent replacement parts etc. Definite requirement with this game is the long flexible magnet to get the stuck balls out.

I bought it as a KISS collectible. I had the backglass signed. It sits next to the 78 Bally. Trust me after this one I would never buy another Stern product.

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

If you've ever watched the Stern KISS pinball Promo video Borg clearly states, at about the 5:20 mark, that the mechanism is designed to shoot the ball out of the head randomly left or right, not just to one flipper. I've observed mine do this on several occasions and pretty much never SDTM. Sounds to me like whatever deflector or internal mech that performs this randomness is out of whack on your game. Not sure how deep you ever got into the mechanism, but I at least hope you tried at some point to have a closer look at it since you've been talking about it for a couple of years. Sucks, but sometimes certain Sterns need some tweaking, ie the Avengers lol.

#862 5 years ago

Was hoping for a ColorDMD announcement for KISS today........ hopefully soon.

I think I will go LCD when it's released. I have LCD in my GB and ST and really like the look.

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I think I will go LCD when it's released. I have LCD in my GB and ST and really like the look.

Really looking forward to this myself.
I think it will be a great add on to this machine. I only have met prem
And kiss le and I cant do the Metallica til they are both color! Haha

#864 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Is this confirmed? My screen is getting worse and worse, just holding out for the color!

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Did u buy the LCD from ColorDMD?

Yes.

Quoted from joekiss:

It's strange how games differ. I have had various issues with my game but a ball has never ever got stuck in the demon head.

Had locks not register from time to time.

It is a great playing game now but if a game has faults it ruins the experience

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yes.

It's strange how games differ. I have had various issues with my game but a ball has never ever got stuck in the demon head.
Had locks not register from time to time.
It is a great playing game now but if a game has faults it ruins the experience

Every Kiss I have serviced with STDM issues I have fixed. It is literally fine tuning the leg levelers most of the time, I had only one that needed the head screws loosened and retightened while twisting the head clockwise. You will however get the random STDM from the rotating disc, but if you are quick with a nudge your saved, this is a 1-10 occurrence. For first time adjustments, it could take you an hour or so to tweak it just right but that is the price of perfection.

#867 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

It’s just fun and fast .
amazon.com link »

I made a 3d printed guide inside the mouth channel that has really cut down on the SDTM shots for me. There is still some adjustments needed by rotating the head as much clockwise (I think?) as possible and finely adjusting the vuk strength. Hit me up a PM if you are interested in one.

#868 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Anyone else embarrassed when other people play their game?

No, quite the opposite because it plays great. Understand your frustration and I hope you get your issue fixed but it’s inaccurate to suggest we’re all suffering from it.

#869 5 years ago

I am officially a member of the KISS army with the addition of a KISS premium to my lineup. This is the game that got me into pinball a few years ago. A friend and I would go hangout at a local bar, drinking beers, and flipping the KISS pro they had. Our goal was usually just trying to get a demon multiball and a love gun multiball the same game. It’s funny how goals evolve as we go down the rabbit hole that is pinball, but I’m starting my third year of the journey and looking forward to many more.

3DDD3915-7700-48A2-8A19-6C3A39DF3A1A (resized).jpeg3DDD3915-7700-48A2-8A19-6C3A39DF3A1A (resized).jpeg57265D0F-8F3C-4BA5-A78E-608D1F4971D9 (resized).jpeg57265D0F-8F3C-4BA5-A78E-608D1F4971D9 (resized).jpegB88480B3-74F5-46B1-BF0E-D4ADEEAFAB0E (resized).jpegB88480B3-74F5-46B1-BF0E-D4ADEEAFAB0E (resized).jpeg
#870 5 years ago

If anyone is in the market (located in PA), I just listed my Kiss Premium... beautiful machine!

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO, Kiss Premium. This machine is beautiful with no significant wear. Has the typical decal wrinkling near flipper buttons. Has the following: Stern Topper Shaker Pinnovators pi...”
2019-05-11
York, PA
6,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 601 times

1 week later
#871 4 years ago

LCD now fitted.

I like HIRES normally but animations need cleaning up, so dots it is.

Better than red dmd anyway.

Hopefully not too long until color dmd guys do this title.

IMG_5202 (resized).jpgIMG_5202 (resized).jpg
#872 4 years ago

Anybody else seen backstage pass flashing at the scoop, only to hit the shot and nothing happens? (Ball ejects and still flashing...). Very misleading for a dangerous shot.

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Anybody else seen backstage pass flashing at the scoop, only to hit the shot and nothing happens? (Ball ejects and still flashing...). Very misleading for a dangerous shot.

Sounds like your switch is bad. I had to replace mine soon after purchase.

1 week later
#874 4 years ago

I recently was looking at a premium kiss in an arcade and noticed the arrow inserts had stars on them??? Is this stock or a custom mod?
My LE does not have this

#875 4 years ago
5E4D7C86-7EA4-4044-BE9A-0CA84E0AC534 (resized).jpeg5E4D7C86-7EA4-4044-BE9A-0CA84E0AC534 (resized).jpeg
#876 4 years ago

Must be custom... my Premium does not have the stars.

#877 4 years ago

Preowned Stern topper available... pm if interested.

Added over 5 years ago:

Topper is no longer available

#878 4 years ago

The scoop is too difficult to hit on this game anyway. Sometimes it kind of rolls in. Direct hits never go in. God this game sucks. How fun would it be if this or the right ramp or the left lane were hittable targets?

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

The scoop is too difficult to hit on this game anyway. Sometimes it kind of rolls in. Direct hits never go in. God this game sucks. How fun would it be if this or the right ramp or the left lane were hittable targets?

Scoop is easy to back flip into from left flipper.
That right ramp is a huge challenge.
Sometimes I find myself playing multiple games just gunning for that ramp!
I still love the game. I play it way more then Metallica premium. Maybe because it’s faster and I like kiss more

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Scoop is easy to back flip into from left flipper.

I took the Cliffy off my scoop. Makes the game much more enjoyable. Not worried about wear... I can always put one back on.

Doesn't matter anyway... the game will never leave.

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I took the Cliffy off my scoop. Makes the game much more enjoyable. Not worried about wear... I can always put one back on.
Doesn't matter anyway... the game will never leave.

I lined the edge of the scoop with laminate!
Works great!

#882 4 years ago

I picked up a pro a few months ago, glad I bought it. No issues, and a fun reminder of the 4 times we saw them in the 70s. Glad I bought it instead of munsters, beatles, dialed in, wonka, or any other new title from this year

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I picked up a pro a few months ago, glad I bought it. No issues, and a fun reminder of the 4 times we saw them in the 70s. Glad I bought it instead of munsters, beatles, dialed in, wonka, or any other new title from this year

Laminate that I use
Bought in a target but I’m sure others use different

7CAC4F75-51CC-4A24-92E6-F1C8366F3651 (resized).jpeg7CAC4F75-51CC-4A24-92E6-F1C8366F3651 (resized).jpeg
#884 4 years ago

Thx J

#885 4 years ago

I think I saw Mike @ Great America Pinball do this first. I finally found a loose set of Love Gun figures on eBay. I used museum putty to secure them.

64430DFF-5779-459A-8B6A-C0E7E7204BC9 (resized).jpeg64430DFF-5779-459A-8B6A-C0E7E7204BC9 (resized).jpegAC26DBD7-0134-45D1-8810-A7914BE28B99 (resized).jpegAC26DBD7-0134-45D1-8810-A7914BE28B99 (resized).jpeg
#886 4 years ago

If anyone has a Stern topper they'd like to sell, let me know. I'm on the hunt for one.

#887 4 years ago

There's one on Ebay for 900.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

There's one on Ebay for 900.

I saw that! lmao...not looking to drop a grand on one. I saw someone post on here about selling one (within in hour or 2 of the post), and when I contacted him it was already gone. Not holding my breath on finding one that's reasonably priced.

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I saw that! lmao...not looking to drop a grand on one. I saw someone post on here about selling one (within in hour or 2 of the post), and when I contacted him it was already gone. Not holding my breath on finding one that's reasonably priced.

He wanted $675...I passed

#890 4 years ago

Yes same thing happening here. It kicks straight back out so the game knows it goes in the switch test works fine. Is it a new software issue?

#891 4 years ago

Just found this - probably the issue

7C433B7C-2E27-499A-8334-95ED3FBE3E82 (resized).png7C433B7C-2E27-499A-8334-95ED3FBE3E82 (resized).png
#892 4 years ago
Quoted from Bos007:

is there a reward for finishing all songs ?

nope

some points would have been nice.

But I guess we shouldn't complain...

#893 4 years ago

New to the club with a pro! Super-excited, updated code and gave it a quick cleaning but haven't gotten to do much else yet but play it!
Destroyer was a new release when I got on board in about 2nd grade (kid across the street had it... they were so huge in my life as a kid it's hard to even express.
Never say never but hard to imagine this one EVER leaving the collection!

#894 4 years ago

Hi Kiss Army,

I may have an opportunity to pick up a Kiss LE NIB that's been in storage by a distro.
Am i correct in saying this game was produced in 2015?

How common is the SDTM issue from Gene Simmons napper?
Any other issues or is this pin pretty much bullet proof.....
The art package is awesome.....
Thanks.....

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

New to the club with a pro! Super-excited, updated code and gave it a quick cleaning but haven't gotten to do much else yet but play it!
Destroyer was a new release when I got on board in about 2nd grade (kid across the street had it... they were so huge in my life as a kid it's hard to even express.
Never say never but hard to imagine this one EVER leaving the collection!

Congrats...Love this game!!!

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just found this - probably the issue[quoted image]

Yep..Had to tweak mine a bit...

#897 4 years ago

I want to join the army too but they don't come up often local since the code drop.
Keep rockin’!!

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I want to join the army too but they don't come up often local since the code drop.
Keep rockin’!!

Me too. I wish they'd vault this now that the code is complete.

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi Kiss Army,
I may have an opportunity to pick up a Kiss LE NIB that's been in storage by a distro.
Am i correct in saying this game was produced in 2015?
How common is the SDTM issue from Gene Simmons napper?
Any other issues or is this pin pretty much bullet proof.....
The art package is awesome.....
Thanks.....

Love my kiss LE!!!!
I recently tweaked the gene head
Between loosing a couple screws and changing a couple settings!
Works great! Congratulations!

#900 4 years ago

Just posted this in another thread but wanted to add it here if anyone missed it -

For anyone interested in trying something new on their Pro, I've got a modded version of 1.41 that has live versions of all the songs. I've replaced 3 songs (Hotter Than Hell. Calling Dr Love, Love It Loud) with other tracks (Makin' Love, God of Thunder, Strutter respectively) but the other 7 titles remain the same. All the songs are original live recordings and sound WAY better than the re-recorded crap that the game originally came with.

One note - when I originally replaced the songs in v1.28, Stern had not yet implemented the "You Wanted The Best and You Got the Best" quote on game start. One of my tracks (Detroit Rock City) has that quote in the beginning so you may hear that quote twice if you select DRC on game start.

Anyone interested can PM me for a link.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/18?hl=j-drum11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.