IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 39.
#801 5 years ago

Thinking of adding color dmd in anticipation of the full color treatment!

For those who have Sigma version, is this what is needed?

https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12v-power-adapter-53-long.html

1. The above cable.
2. New plastic display/screen.
3. Hex spacers.
4. LCD display. Any?
5. Gasket

Thanks

#802 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thinking of adding color dmd in anticipation of the full color treatment!
For those who have Sigma version, is this what is needed?
https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12v-power-adapter-53-long.html
1. The above cable.
2. New plastic display/screen.
3. Hex spacers.
4. LCD display. Any?
5. Gasket
Thanks

Yep....I've got the PBL powerboard, so grabbing my juice there.

I prefer LCD to LED, as there are more choices (HIRES guy).

Installed and ready....Even Sigma in single color looks cool enough to enjoy until they color it...Surely soon...

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Installed and ready....Even Sigma in single color looks cool enough to enjoy until they color it...Surely soon...

One of these?

https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-backbox-mounting.html

Is this recommended/necessary for just installing LCD?

#804 5 years ago

Anyone figured out all the different city combos and posted a list yet? I know to some figuring out what they are is part of the fun, but I would not be in that camp

Also, the rules as how to light the single shot multipliers seemed to have changed. Can anyone shed light on this?

Terry.

#805 5 years ago

The city combos are in the code release read me file. The shot multipler is now lit after collecting both the KISS and the ARMY hurry ups, I believe on the same ball.

Info from the read me below

Now shot multipliers are available/lit by collecting a set of HurryUps (KISS and
ARMY). Previously they were lit by completing a mode.

The 15 Unique City Combos are:
1) Chicago: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp
2) Pittsburg: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp
3) Seattle: Left Orbit -> Left Scoop
4) Portland: Left Orbit -> Starchild Lane
5) Los Angeles: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Demon
6) Houston: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Orbit
7) New Orleans: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Orbit
Atlanta: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Scoop
9) Orlando: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Starchild Lane
10) Mexico City: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Orbit -> Left Scoop
11) Tokyo: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Orbit -> Starchild Lane
12) London: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Ramp
13) New York: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Ramp
14) San Francisco: Left Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Orbit
15) Detroit: 5 sets of Left Ramp -> Right Ramp

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

The city combos are in the code release read me file. The shot multipler is now lit after collecting both the KISS and the ARMY hurry ups, I believe on the same ball.
Info from the read me below
Now shot multipliers are available/lit by collecting a set of HurryUps (KISS and
ARMY). Previously they were lit by completing a mode.
The 15 Unique City Combos are:
1) Chicago: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp
2) Pittsburg: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp
3) Seattle: Left Orbit -> Left Scoop
4) Portland: Left Orbit -> Starchild Lane
5) Los Angeles: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Demon
6) Houston: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Orbit
7) New Orleans: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Orbit
Atlanta: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Scoop
9) Orlando: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Starchild Lane
10) Mexico City: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Orbit -> Left Scoop
11) Tokyo: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Orbit -> Starchild Lane
12) London: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Ramp
13) New York: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Ramp
14) San Francisco: Left Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Orbit
15) Detroit: 5 sets of Left Ramp -> Right Ramp

How long is the time between necessary shots and I assume no other target can be hit between in that time or you start over?

#808 5 years ago

That's the one...sorry for slow response....just saw the thread......

overkill for just colordmd, but nice headroom in case you add other mods....nice and clean...highly recommend!!!

#809 5 years ago

Just wondering if this is just my game or general issue.

I don't hear any sounds or call outs when balls drain in either outlane?

#810 5 years ago

Anyone looking to part with their topper ? I’m willing to pay $700 . Thanks

#811 5 years ago

Hmm...recall ball save and end of ball typical sounds, but no specific ball drain callouts....

#812 5 years ago

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about but the new code does have some new Gene callouts mocking me when I drain. It isn't all that often so I am not sure what exactly triggers it but one I know is him simply stating "Drain!" as it hits the outlane. Hope this helps.

#813 5 years ago

Thanks, it sounds like they are just occasional then.

Shame, they aren't more often.

Thought this had been addressed in 1.40.

Oh well, game is superb now and think it is done so I guess this won't change.

#814 5 years ago

Gene told me I suck this morning. Hope this helps

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Gene told me I suck this morning. Hope this helps

I heard that one.

Brilliant

Wish there were more programmed as most of the time, it's silence.

#816 5 years ago

Unfortunately, I've head that one a few times...the new update really highlights how much content they accumulate for these licenses, but often goes unused!

1 week later
#817 5 years ago

You gotta plug your machine into the band for optimal sound and playability. Guaranteed to boost scores on newest code and protector installed for LE/PREM models.

50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
1 month later
#818 5 years ago

After turning my KISS on for the first time in a few weeks I've developed an intermittent chatter on the left flipper when I hold it. I cleaned the switches contacts...they weren't dirty. Tweaked the EOS switch on the flipper button. Checked for loose wires and connectors. Coil lug wires are solid. Strange thing is the chatter disappears when I lift the playfield. When I lower it the chatter returns. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

After turning my KISS on for the first time in a few weeks I've developed an intermittent chatter on the left flipper when I hold it. I cleaned the switches contacts...they weren't dirty. Tweaked the EOS switch on the flipper button. Checked for loose wires and connectors. Coil lug wires are solid. Strange thing is the chatter disappears when I lift the playfield. When I lower it the chatter returns. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

loose connection on one of your node boards, unplug then reseat them and you should be good.

#820 5 years ago

Anyone, anywhere got all 15 cities yet?!

Super tough to get all in one game, especially with that 10 shot combo.

Just curious what the reward is for getting 15?

I could remove the glass but I don't want to!

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

loose connection on one of your node boards, unplug then reseat them and you should be good.

Thanks Cap! Will give it a shot later tonight.

#822 5 years ago

Anyone have links to video of the latest code where you can hear the audio, as well? Went to the End of the Road tour the other night (definitely the biggest/over the top show KISS has done) and it's renewed my interest in this title.

Related - the initial reaction to the large code update was overwhelmingly positive, I'd be interested to know how the game is holding up?

#823 5 years ago

Still loving the gameplay.

One of the reasons is the way multipliers are used and the possible huge super jackpots.

People have been getting them in the multiple billions!

I haven't got a billion sj or rock city or 15 cities so tons of longevity.

And swap a few songs and get crazy nights/made for loving you and it gets even better.

#824 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Anyone have links to video of the latest code where you can hear the audio, as well? Went to the End of the Road tour the other night (definitely the biggest/over the top show KISS has done) and it's renewed my interest in this title.
Related - the initial reaction to the large code update was overwhelmingly positive, I'd be interested to know how the game is holding up?

I was at that show last night as well. It was pretty ridiculous (in a good way). My wife and I came back and played a few games on our KISS LE.

#825 5 years ago

I was at the show Sunday in Moline, it was a good time. Thinking about seeing them again later this summer just in case this really is the last tour.

DEE8B18F-37BD-4A7C-90D6-7DF4C89D944D (resized).jpegDEE8B18F-37BD-4A7C-90D6-7DF4C89D944D (resized).jpeg
#826 5 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I was at that show last night as well. It was pretty ridiculous (in a good way). My wife and I came back and played a few games on our KISS LE.

I saw them in Detroit last night too. It was over the top awesome! That moving octagon panel stage ceiling was insane.

#827 5 years ago

Reseated the connectors on Node 8. Still having an intermittent chatter. Any other ideas?

#828 5 years ago

Reseated the connectors on Node 8. Still having an intermittent chatter. Any other ideas?

Reload code, then try resoldering coil connections

#829 5 years ago

Came across this very helpful thread that I actually replied to lol. How ironic that they are both the left flipper?! Looks like I may have to replace the coil. Hard to believe with less than 2000 plays the coil might be bad.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-flipper-issue-need-help

1 week later
#830 5 years ago

UPDATE...Went ahead and changed the flipper coil and flipper now works perfectly. I decided to change both flipper coils and stops since the parts weren't too pricey. Hopefully this will help future owners solve this problem.

#831 5 years ago

Any know of Kiss Premium or LE floating around for sale.?? NIB would be an amazing find....THX>
PM me is you can. THX>

#832 5 years ago

Can someone tell me if the left out lane
That the ball drops onto from ramp
Always registers or makes a noise ?
Reason I’m asking I test fitted a cliff and pulled it out and the wire came out a little. I pushed it back down and it looks ok . So when I went to roll a ball over it,
It only registers the first roll. Is this normal and I just never noticed it?
It’s the lane that says. Light bumper shot
I don’t have the cliffy on it right now
Thank you-J

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Any know of Kiss Premium or LE floating around for sale.?? NIB would be an amazing find....THX>
PM me is you can. THX>

Just picked up a HUO prem for $5800...they are out there, you must hunt

#834 5 years ago

so after a 2 month wait I am finally getting a new motor that moves the magnet that operates love gun multiball. I literally haven't played 1 second of the new code. I hope it will be worth the wait!

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

so after a 2 month wait I am finally getting a new motor that moves the magnet that operates love gun multiball. I literally haven't played 1 second of the new code. I hope it will be worth the wait!

The new code is great! It really finishes off the game IMO with the City Combos, and the new intro when starting a game. The real cherry on top for me is the wicked light show. KISS is a really fun game to shoot, surprised it isn't talked about much after the code update.

#836 5 years ago

Seriously don’t understand why at least the premium or Le machine isn’t higher up on the rating list?
I’ve been playing the le or premium for years and finally bought an le 6 weeks ago along with a Metallica premium!
As much as I like the Metallica, everyone at the house including myself gravitate more towards my kiss LE !
It looks awesome in the room it’s fast, smooth, great light show and sounds great. And if you add that topper and crank up the soundIt’s just plain badass!

#837 5 years ago

Tilt graphics took care of my request...I was torn between mirror blades and flame art. Well they made it happen, turned out awesome!

20190402_150138 (resized).jpg20190402_150138 (resized).jpg20190402_150146 (resized).jpg20190402_150146 (resized).jpg20190402_150157 (resized).jpg20190402_150157 (resized).jpg

#838 5 years ago

Yours look better than the ones on their webpage!

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/kiss-flaming-mirrorblades

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Seriously don’t understand why at least the premium or Le machine isn’t higher up on the rating list?

I just played a KISS LE with the latest code at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor and absolutely loved it, so I agree. Now that code is pretty much finished, I wish Stern would re-run it if they could. I'd like to buy a Premium or LE. Great game!!

#840 5 years ago

Probably because mine is the first set, that's looks to be a rendition prior to the actual.

#841 5 years ago

Gotta have the band in there

IMG_1670 (resized).JPGIMG_1670 (resized).JPGIMG_1680 (resized).JPGIMG_1680 (resized).JPG
#842 5 years ago

But can we have the real Band without the hired guns....I know it’s the current lineup but ya know real Kiss fans would only want the original members.

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

But can we have the real Band without the hired guns....I know it’s the current lineup but ya know real Kiss fans would only want the original members.

Yawn

#844 5 years ago

is there a reward for finishing all songs ?

1 week later
#845 5 years ago

Little help?
Was playing kiss machine today took a break and when I turned it back on I noticed the topper is not lighting up anymore. Is this blown fuse somewhere?

1 week later
#846 5 years ago

I know this has been talked about many times but I cannot find the demon SDTM
Fix thread. Other then loosening the 4-6 screws and twisting his head , is there other tricks? I tried different eject powers unless I’m missing a certain one?
I tried putting some laminate in its mouth to mis direct the ball a little.
No luck. Is there something else anyone tried ?
My next move was going to be placing a little round felt piece in its mouth somewhere. The felt you adhere to bottom of chair legs ?

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've been reading up on Color DMD and am still torn between LCD or LED. Did u buy your LCD from Color DMD? Any chance you could post a video of your display in your spare time?

#848 5 years ago

I've been reading up on Color DMD and am still torn between LCD or LED. Did u buy your LCD from Color DMD? Any chance you could post a video of your display in your spare time?

I hope to fit LCD to KISS in next day or two.

LED is really really bright.

I will put my LCD into HI-RES mode as I like the modern look.

Remember with LCD to buy a gasket, and all the other bits.

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So, to fit color LCD -

I have -

Gasket
Clear display
Mounting standoffs
PBL Spike Power Supply
SAM cables

Do I need anything else as not sure I have the right cables? I think I have everything!

And where do cables go if I have right ones?

Post 73 helpful.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-80-is-ghostbusters/page/2

And Spike instructions - but not KISS.

https://www.colordmd.com/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20SPIKE%20CHROMA%20Rev2.PDF

Thanks

https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-backbox-mounting.html

IMG_5172 (resized).jpgIMG_5172 (resized).jpgIMG_5173 (resized).jpgIMG_5173 (resized).jpg

#850 5 years ago

Does KISS support a ColorDMD yet? I haven't seen that they have KISS as an option for using this yet.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/17?hl=j-drum11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.