IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 39.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

How is the wear with the Mantis? I have the Mantis on my Metallica and it seems to be holding up very well with little to no wear on the scoop.
I am on my second Cliffy on Kiss this is supposed to be an updated version. Rejects don’t seem bad so far. My first Cliffy must have been the early version and it ended up lifting and splitting. It was a mangled mess.

So far the mantis protector seems to be doing a good job. Next time I have the glass off, I'll take some pictures. I was told my cliffy was the updated version as well. I am not certain on the number of plays for when I pulled it out, but it had to be less than 500.
20180106_210202 (resized).jpg20180106_210202 (resized).jpg20180106_210226 (resized).jpg20180106_210226 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#702 5 years ago

my kiss pro is giving me demon lock issues. balls are getting jammed and the VUK won't kick them out. It seems like the switch is intermittent and the coil stopped working. is there a way to disable the lock until I can figure out a fix for this? game is on location and need to get it up and running

#703 5 years ago

Is it getting stuck during multiballs?
Stern has a replacement piece that will fix this issue.

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

my kiss pro is giving me demon lock issues. balls are getting jammed and the VUK won't kick them out. It seems like the switch is intermittent and the coil stopped working. is there a way to disable the lock until I can figure out a fix for this? game is on location and need to get it up and running

Not sure if this would help, but there should be an option for VIRTUAL LOCK for Pro and Prem/LE machines. That mechanism should work easily, but just does not. It's poorly designed.

THIS IS THE #1 THING THE KISS UPDATE SHOULD ADDRESS. ADD VIRTUAL LOCK ONLY.

#705 5 years ago

No it happens during regular ball play now

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

No it happens during regular ball play now

I had trouble with the VUK plunger on mine. Take a read through this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/9#post-3731413

#707 5 years ago

So I did some work tonight. I took the VUK assembly out and made sure the switch was working, it was. I tested the coil with a dmm and everything was in range. Resoldered the lugs and tried it again. Still nothing. Took it out and replaced the coil and everything seems to be working like it should. Kinda weird that the coil was out already

#708 5 years ago

Well..my addiction has bit me again....picking up a nice LE from Steve, so in the club.....beyond waiting on an imminent code drop (appears soon) anything drastic to know about this game? Got to play one in Vegas for quite some time and really enjoyed it...a very fun pin!!!! Thanks...mark

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well..my addiction has bit me again....picking up a nice LE from Steve, so in the club.....beyond waiting on an imminent code drop (appears soon) anything drastic to know about this game? Got to play one in Vegas for quite some time and really enjoyed it...a very fun pin!!!! Thanks...mark

Hey Mark!! Congrats!! I'm sure by now your machine is already dialed in. But heres a thread worth checking out...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-151-kissues-and-mods

And the secondary owners thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code

#710 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hey Mark!! Congrats!! I'm sure by now your machine is already dialed in. But heres a thread worth checking out...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-151-kissues-and-mods
And the secondary owners thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code

Ed,....you're in too?!?...awesome!!! thanks for the heads up!!!!!

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ed,....you're in too?!?...awesome!!! thanks for the heads up!!!!!

Yep. Its been a frustrating road with code similar to BM66. But its an excellent pin. Looking forward to the final code update.

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

With this and the Munsters coming, you probably need to make room. I could help you out by taking Alien off your hands . . . you’re likely bored with it by now.

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

With this and the Munsters coming, you probably need to make room. I could help you out by taking Alien off your hands . . . you’re likely bored with it by now.

Ha...Still the baddest machine in my lineup...Heavy honeymoon phase for a long time w that one...

1 week later
#714 5 years ago

Hey all, proud new owner of a preowned Premium. Sadly, when I got it home it wouldn’t boot. After much troubleshooting it boiled down to a bad SD card and defective CPU. A fellow Pinsider was kind enough to send me a backup of his 1.28 image to my Dropbox which got me up and running. Throughout the process I found that there is a known issue with early Spike CPU’s related to USB updates failing immediately upon launch which is what’s happening on mine. I’ve been told that all future updates will require an imaged SD card or replace the CPU which I’m not doing. Curious if anyone else has had a similar issue. Also wanted to see if anyone would be willing to Dropbox me a hdd raw copy image of 1.30 premium.

#715 5 years ago

Has anyone put a colordmd in this game ( Sigma obviously at this point) . I'm a sucker for HIRES, and curious how the display looks from that standpoint. .....I am sure it would get colorized at some point after code is baked...Taken this approach w several of my games....

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone put a colordmd in this game ( Sigma obviously at this point) . I'm a sucker for HIRES, and curious how the display looks from that standpoint. .....I am sure it would get colorized at some point after code is baked...Taken this approach w several of my games....

You can't. Not supported by ColorDMD yet. There's an update coming, so you would imagine animations will be tweaked, so it's not final anyway.

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

You can't. Not supported by ColorDMD yet. There's an update coming, so you would imagine animations will be tweaked, so it's not final anyway.

I understood" supported" as colorized...Could be wrong...I had in my WCS, Tron, etc. Before the title was supported....

Reached out to Randy for clarity...

#718 5 years ago

Really hope that once the final update is out, the color DMD guys make KISS in color - must buy for me

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Really hope that once the final update is out, the color DMD guys make KISS in color - must buy for me

yep, would love to see this title in color

#720 5 years ago

Quoted from Randy:

"HI Mark,

SIGMA will work in KISS in single color mode. However, you’ll need a way to get voltage from the backbox or node board. (The SPIKE adapter we have only works with Ghostbusters and Game of Thrones.)

If the display uses a Chroma board, only 12V is needed and Pinball Life sells an inexpensive SPIKE 12V cable that connects to the node board. If it’s an older display, you’ll need both 5V and 12V. Pinball Life also sells a DC/DC converter board for this that regulates down from 48V, but it’s much more expensive.

Randy Perlow
ColorDMD Displays"

I'll be getting a sigma for the machine, and tie it in to the rgb w speakerlights until it is colorized (external ps for me, however)....should be cool (maybe?)....

ColorDMD is the most impressive mod for any machine that can use it, imho.....

#721 5 years ago

So, can anybody confirm what the right cable is for KISS?

https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12-volt-backbox-power-adapter-cable.html

This does NOT work with KISS or WWE.

The link to another cable, connects to board near coin door.

I cannot find a 12V compatible KISS lead....

Anyone??

Thanks

#723 5 years ago

Did see that. No idea if it will work for KISS or if there is something simpler out there?

#724 5 years ago

I am sure when/if the final code update drops the flood gates will open for request for Kiss to get color. I am confident Color DMD will put together the right package/options of cables to go with the color DMD. I am sure it is not on the priority list until they are ready to do it. Power is a minor issue as it is just determining the best way to tap into it.

The big issue is some of the HORRIBLE animations that need to be cleaned up so they can be colored....hope it happens soon as this game is SCREAMING for color.

#725 5 years ago

That seems excessive and expensive for this use (imho), as the 12v is all that has to be provided extra. The LE that I'm buying from Steve (HUO) has a 12v molex adapter board mod in the backbox that was added, but I always add an external ps ( stated prior) as I've run into current capacity issues coming off the main 12v.

Anxious to see this "as is" w the SIGMA, and then after the code drop. I'm hooked on colordmd, so will be doing it regardless.

Think I get the machine next week, and can post some pics if wanted after I upfit the machine......

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That seems excessive and expensive for this use (imho), as the 12v is all that has to be provided extra. The LE that I'm buying from Steve (HUO) has a 12v molex adapter board mod in the backbox that was added, but I always add an external ps ( stated prior) as I've run into current capacity issues coming off the main 12v.
Anxious to see this "as is" w the SIGMA, and then after the code drop. I'm hooked on colordmd, so will be doing it regardless.
Think I get the machine next week, and can post some pics if wanted after I upfit the machine......

Pics would be great.

And don't forget to get the mod from vireland to eliminate light bleed.

I don't want to fit a 12V wire until I know 100% it is right for KISS. So many say not for KISS and WWE.

#727 5 years ago

Pics would be great.
And don't forget to get the mod from vireland to eliminate light bleed.
I don't want to fit a 12V wire until I know 100% it is right for KISS. So many say not for KISS and WWE.

Already ordered some of PinMonk colordmd gaskets for other machines I have ( may need more).

I'm putting one in, as I've yet to see it look bad on any title so far, even in SIGMA mode only (non colorized)...I'll post pics after it gets in....mark

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll post pics after it gets in....mark

Thanks! Very interested in this.

#729 5 years ago

So, can anybody confirm what the right cable is for KISS?
https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12-volt-backbox-power-adapter-cable.html
This does NOT work with KISS or WWE.
The link to another cable, connects to board near coin door.
I cannot find a 12V compatible KISS lead....
Anyone??
Thanks

Here is the power cable to which I was referring. It includes a 1A fuse to protect the node board.
https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12v-power-adapter-53-long.html

The adapter from Mezel Mods will also work. It downconverts from 48V and does not plug into, or risk damage to, the node board. Pinball Life sells a custom board that does the same thing and produces 5V and 12V on the same connector.

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Here is the power cable to which I was referring. It includes a 1A fuse to protect the node board.
The adapter from Mezel Mods will also work. It downconverts from 48V and does not plug into, or risk damage to, the node board. Pinball Life sells a custom board that does the same thing and produces 5V and 12V on the same connector.

Thanks

To clarify, to fit color dmd to KISS, use this cable and plug in by the coin door?

And run it to back of cabinet?

Want to be sure I will be doing the right thing!

#731 5 years ago

Just looked up the pics of the ps from Terry (previous owner installed in the game I'm getting)......very nice!!!

KISS PL PS (resized).jpgKISS PL PS (resized).jpg
#732 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Already ordered some of vireland colordmd gaskets for other machines I have ( may need more).
I'm putting one in, as I've yet to see it look bad on any title so far, even in SIGMA mode only (non colorized)...I'll post pics after it gets in....mark

Quoted from thundergod76:

Thanks! Very interested in this.

I posted video of the Sigma in KISS about a year ago in the "Where's the KISS Code?" thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/63#post-3812345

#733 5 years ago

Where did you buy the 12V lead that is needed to fit it?

Looks good!

#734 5 years ago

Looks good!

This is what i need to know also, is the $7 one from pinballlife.com all i need? And i assume Kiss and Ghostbusters are the same Spike system?

#735 5 years ago

Looks good!

Quoted from finnflash:

This is what i need to know also, is the $7 one from pinballlife.com all i need? And i assume Kiss and Ghostbusters are the same Spike system?

I only did this as a test for Randy to show that it worked on KISS. I think I used the dongle from speakerlightkits to test, but the cable Randy linked will work. It plugs into the node board by the left flipper to tap 12v.

Yes, it works on both KISS and GB, but use the second pic as reference on Pinball Life's website for games GOT and newer.

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I posted video of the Sigma in KISS about a year ago in the "Where's the KISS Code?" thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/63#post-3812345

Thanks!!!..

#737 5 years ago

Thanks
To clarify, to fit color dmd to KISS, use this cable and plug in by the coin door?
And run it to back of cabinet?
Want to be sure I will be doing the right thing!

This cable takes 12V from the node board and outputs it onto the 3-pin molex connector. The 7' ColorDMD SAM/WS power cable plugs into the 3-pin molex and runs back through the cabinet to the backbox.

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The leads that work on GB do NOT work on KISS....

But seems this one does although have to plug in front of cab and link to back.

I will buy one of these.

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

This cable takes 12V from the node board and outputs it onto the 3-pin molex connector. The 7' ColorDMD SAM/WS power cable plugs into the 3-pin molex and runs back through the cabinet to the backbox.

Just seen your reply - thanks - will buy the 53 inch lead.

#740 5 years ago

Finally got it setup...Love it!!!..light show is off the charts...Thanks Steve (PR) for easy transaction...A highly overlooked game, imho...A final code drop, and this is definitely a keeper...Will post some pics after I put the SIGMA in later this week

IMG_20181020_185517791 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_185517791 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_185748092 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_185748092 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_185800159 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_185800159 (resized).jpg

#741 5 years ago

Love me some kiss LE. My collection is pretty decent and maybe it is because I suck but this game is in my top 3.

Live everyone else waiting for that final update.

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Love me some kiss LE. My collection is pretty decent and maybe it is because I suck but this game is in my top 3.
Live everyone else waiting for that final update.

I'm in honeymoon phase, but there is a lot of good in this game!!!

#743 5 years ago

Best Apron Cards?

#744 5 years ago

Looks awesome Mark! Pinballboy.com V2 are my favorites. I think he has the nicest ones to choose from.

20181021_000417 (resized).jpg20181021_000417 (resized).jpg20181021_000450 (resized).jpg20181021_000450 (resized).jpg

Also I highly recommend Mezel's lighted amp mod for Paul. One of my favorites!

#745 5 years ago
Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 12.22.29 AM (resized).jpegScreen Shot 2015-08-05 at 12.22.29 AM (resized).jpegScreen Shot 2015-08-06 at 11.37.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2015-08-06 at 11.37.45 PM (resized).png
1 week later
#746 5 years ago

This should be my last batch for a while, don't let this happen to your PREM/LE. Half off protector when you get the back glass lighted Target MOD. See below for descriptions.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-child-flame-protector-mod-for-kiss-le-premium

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65219

a14158c7ace02179558624cb67755182792f11e4 (resized).jpga14158c7ace02179558624cb67755182792f11e4 (resized).jpg
#747 5 years ago

KISS corner shaping up!! (I've had those figures in my closet for probably 10 years)

kiss1 (resized).jpgkiss1 (resized).jpgkiss2 (resized).jpgkiss2 (resized).jpgkiss3 (resized).jpgkiss3 (resized).jpg
#748 5 years ago

Now just a code drop and colordmd magic !!!! (please)....

2 weeks later
#749 5 years ago

I was just looking at the original promo blurb, what's this referring to?: "Blood-Spitting Demon Bass Solo player experience".
It's not Demon multiball as that's also on the list.

Something I've not uncovered yet? Or something not coded yet?

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I was just looking at the original promo blurb, what's this referring to?: "Blood-Spitting Demon Bass Solo player experience".
It's not Demon multiball as that's also on the list.
Something I've not uncovered yet? Or something not coded yet?

For about 2 seconds at the start of Demon multiball Gene is spitting blood. That must be what they are referring to. However if I'm right that's a pretty lame 2 second "feature" to use to advertise selling this pinball machine. Maybe this will be expanded upon in the next code release. I must say that if it wasnt for all of us owners bitching about the code I truly believe Stern would've given up on this title years ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
17,225 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/15?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.