IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 39.
#551 6 years ago

That looks sweet!

#552 6 years ago

A few pics of some additions I added to my game.

IMG_8136 (resized).jpgIMG_8136 (resized).jpg

IMG_8137 (resized).jpgIMG_8137 (resized).jpg

IMG_8138 (resized).jpgIMG_8138 (resized).jpg

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Attention Kiss Pinball Army!!! I just wanted to share with you the awesome job that Kim Keist of Kimball's Pinball's did for my Pro. He customized my backbox LED kit as I already had the Stern topper. I didn't want the KISS lettering on the translite to be interactive like the topper as I thought that might be sensory-overload on the eyes. Anyways, see for your self how great it turned out. If you need a backbox lighting mod, look no further for the value and quality of the best product out there.
» YouTube video
Buy here: http://www.kimballspinballs.com/stern-backbox-kits/

Damn, there goes more money!

1 week later
#554 6 years ago

Plan to join the club tomorrow; going to check out a Pro and hopefully take it home. Any suggestions for specific trouble spots to look for?

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Plan to join the club tomorrow; going to check out a Pro and hopefully take it home. Any suggestions for specific trouble spots to look for?

With the glass off, go thru the demon ball lock flow. Be sure it's working properly.

#556 6 years ago

LEDs and Rubbers... What have you guys guys done for replacing the rubbers and GI LEDs? Can you post pictures?

I'm thinking translucent rubbers. Ice blue for the lower slings & 5 LEDs on the back concert scene. Then red LEDs everywhere else.

#557 6 years ago

Another question... has anyone designed alternative rule cards for their KISS to replace the crap ones that Stern provides?

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

LEDs and Rubbers... What have you guys guys done for replacing the rubbers and GI LEDs? Can you post pictures?
I'm thinking translucent rubbers. Ice blue for the lower slings & 5 LEDs on the back concert scene. Then red LEDs everywhere else.

Yellow TITANS.

And just bought Cointaker Frosted as they are my favorite LED as not blinding.

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Another question... has anyone designed alternative rule cards for their KISS to replace the crap ones that Stern provides?

http://pinballboy.com/rulecards?tag=Kiss

#560 6 years ago

Whomever designed that... thanks! I printed out on heavy, glossy card stock today and I feel like a got a huge upgrade!!! Look SO MUCH BETTER!

Thanks Pinball Boy.

#561 6 years ago

New kiss pro set up and we're rocking! Playing around with the demon lock kickout power settings to try to keep the ball from going SDTM, but everything else is working great. Looking forward to really getting to know the rule set. It's a lot deeper than it gets credit for.

#562 6 years ago

Sweet! Welcome. Mine rarely if ever goes SDTM so I'm sure you can dial that in. Make sure you set the Demon Lock Ball Save with enough seconds in case it does go SDTM. Also, what version of the software are you on? Make sure you get up to 1.30 if yo're not.

Yes, the code is plenty deep. Check out the rules on Tilt Forum... the rules are quite extensive. Lots to do.

I like your Ted Nugent avatar! I change my Heaven's On Fire MB song to Stranglehold. It freaking rocks when the MB starts.

#563 6 years ago

Yes, it is only set on 2 seconds which is super frustrating.

I changed mine to 5 so no problems now and Rock City seems ways a way at the moment!

#564 6 years ago

I changed the color of my topper to green
The green was just a test but i think it looks really nice
Now we can make some other colors
The reason i did this is that i think the topper is way too bright,it lights up the intire room

What do you think of it?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#565 6 years ago

The green looks sweet imo. Did you try red? That might work as well.

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

The green looks sweet imo. Did you try red? That might work as well.

THIS! I've wanted someone to try red for a while now. Or how about an off white that dims the LEDs a bit?

#567 6 years ago

Red and orange are coming
Green was just a test piece but i looks better then i thought i would

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Red and orange are coming
Green was just a test piece but i looks better then i thought i would

Are these laser cut for an exact fit? Also would you consider a smoke tint to dim the white LEDs a bit?

#569 6 years ago

Anyone who installed a playfield protector care to post about the install? Specifically what on the upper playfield needs to be removed and/or loosened? I did one on my BM66 and that was pretty easy. KISS on the other hand...

#570 6 years ago

I put one on my pro about 2 years ago, all i remember is making sure the ramps were removed.

#571 6 years ago

Vreuls, how did you pull this off? Definitely interested.

#572 6 years ago

They are lasercut for a perfect fit,the front is still the same plastic
There is a green plastic behind it
I will check for a smoke tint,if we have a smoke tint piece of plastic we can make it offcourse

#573 6 years ago

If anyone looks at leaving the club in California please let me know. I am going to be in the market for one of these soon. Looking for a pre/LE only. Have trades or cash. Thanks, Mike

1 week later
#574 6 years ago

Give my KISS Pro a little Christmas makeover. I added some LEDs from Comet and Translucent rubbers from Pinball Life. Also the KISS letters insert mod. The black rubbers that came from Stern were getting nasty... some white gunk was growing on them. Went with red on the bottom and just a few ice blues in the starchild area, sides and the back. Perhaps its not your thing but it looks awesome to me. The bottom of the playfield is on fire!

BTW, the list of rubbers in the KISS owners manual is crap.

IMG_2852 (resized).JPGIMG_2852 (resized).JPG

IMG_2847[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2847[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_2855 (resized).JPGIMG_2855 (resized).JPG

IMG_2857 (resized).JPGIMG_2857 (resized).JPG

#575 6 years ago

konjurer looks REALLY nice! Have you considered the Mezel lighted amp mod? It's a very nice mod for the Starchild area.

#576 6 years ago

Guys, I'm thinking on joining this club (or Aerosmith's)... what is the standard song list? Regarding that feature, are there any differences between models?

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Guys, I'm thinking on joining this club (or Aerosmith's)... what is the standard song list? Regarding that feature, are there any differences between models

Same songs all models.

Black Diamond
Calling Dr Love
Detroit Rock City
Deuce
Hotter Than Hell
I Love It Loud
Lick It Up
Love Gun
Rock N Roll All Nite
Shout It Out Loud
Heaven's On Fire (wizard mode)

Screenshot_2017-12-22-06-54-36_1 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2017-12-22-06-54-36_1 (resized).jpg

#578 6 years ago

Remember that you can replace songs very easily with the Pinball Browser.

#579 6 years ago

had the pro a couple weeks and having the worst time trying to make the scoop shot with the Cliffy installed. I finally broke and removed the cliffy for now....definitely helps make the shot easier although I still bounce out more than I would expect. Is this typical? I feel like I should be able to easily backhand this shot from the left flipper, but with the cliffy in there I was making it only 10% of the time or so. Without the cliffy, I'm probably over 20%, but I would have expected better. Its driving me nuts when I have Heaven's on Fire lined up and I can't hit the damn scoop to start it.

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

had the pro a couple weeks and having the worst time trying to make the scoop shot with the Cliffy installed. I finally broke and removed the cliffy for now....definitely helps make the shot easier although I still bounce out more than I would expect. Is this typical? I feel like I should be able to easily backhand this shot from the left flipper, but with the cliffy in there I was making it only 10% of the time or so. Without the cliffy, I'm probably over 20%, but I would have expected better. Its driving me nuts when I have Heaven's on Fire lined up and I can't hit the damn scoop to start it.

It is a hard shot . I do not care what others say . If you have a Cliffy or a mantis protector it ruins the game. I tried both protectors and took them both off. John Borg should have been thinking ahead about this when he designed the size of the Back Stage pass scoop to allow protection of area . Quote : I feel like I should be able to easily backhand this shot from the left flipper. It is some times easy but not really . It is tight shoot. That is all there is to it Hard.

Kiss Mantis protector #1 (resized).jpgKiss Mantis protector #1 (resized).jpg
Kiss Le Scoop wear #2 (resized).jpgKiss Le Scoop wear #2 (resized).jpg

#581 6 years ago

I don't have the protector but it's not showing a lot of wear. It is a tight shot. I'm a pretty crappy player and I can hit it 60% of the time or better from a cradle position on the left flipper. I let the ball start rolling and I flip when the ball is dead on with the scoop. When I miss, usually I'm flipping a bit too soon.

I do have trouble hitting it when I'm trying to get the extra ball or starting Heavens on Fire.

#582 6 years ago

Also had a cliffy in, then a mantis - one of the very few games I had to take both out as shot is just harder with them in. I already had wear as my game came off route but no way am I making the game harder!

#583 6 years ago

thanks guys, I feel much less dirty about removing the cliffy now

#584 6 years ago

The new design from cliffy just went on mine. Its working great. Fits flush all the way around. One thing you must do is not screw down the rear post so tight that it buckles the cliffy in front. Ive seen people do it and then complain when the cliffy is popped up in front.
Remember it is a hard shot so you may have a few shots not go in everytime.
Magicchiz

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

The new design from cliffy just went on mine. Its working great. Fits flush all the way around. One thing you must do is not screw down the rear post so tight that it buckles the cliffy in front. Ive seen people do it and then complain when the cliffy is popped up in front.
Remember it is a hard shot so you may have a few shots not go in everytime.
Magicchiz

I have a new Cliffy coming for mine as well. The old one eventually buckled.

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also had a cliffy in, then a mantis - one of the very few games I had to take both out as shot is just harder with them in. I already had wear as my game came off route but no way am I making the game harder!

Ditto this. I'm getting ready to remove the mantis now as so many shots are rejected it's getting super frustrating.

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

thanks guys, I feel much less dirty about removing the cliffy now

I recently put a playfield protector on mine and took the scoop Cliffy out. Much better!! Anytime I've used a protector and the Cliffy it's been an issue with balls bouncing everywhere.

#588 6 years ago

You owe cliffys redesigned one a shot. Its working good on mine.
Magicchiz

#589 6 years ago

Just put the new Cliffy on mine and, yeah, there’s no doubt the ball’s still bouncing out a lot more than it does without it.
Same as it did with the old one, pretty much.
In fact, it becomes easier to hit it with the right flipper!

I don’t know - don’t want excessive wear but what’s the point if that shot stops the fun?

Can any non-Cliffy users reassure us about that hole?

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Just put the new Cliffy on mine and, yeah, there’s no doubt the ball’s still bouncing out a lot more than it does without it.
Same as it did with the old one, pretty much.
In fact, it becomes easier to hit it with the right flipper!
I don’t know - don’t want excessive wear but what’s the point if that shot stops the fun?
Can any non-Cliffy users reassure us about that hole?

Give it 20 or 30 plays to calm down. It does settle in over time, and given the brittleness of the clear, you definitely want it protected.

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Give it 20 or 30 plays to calm down. It does settle in over time, and given the brittleness of the clear, you definitely want it protected.

Will do - just waxed pf too so need to give it a chance, it’s a tad speedy atm!

#592 6 years ago

I started a separate thread yesterday but maybe should have started here as you all are my target audience. How much is a nice KISS Premium going for that's heavily modded and has the Stern topper? Just a ball park figure/range. I've only gotten two responses so far- one Pinsider said in the 4's (maybe he thought I had the pro because that seems awfully low to me) and the othe Pinsider said in the mid 5's. Help please

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

I started a separate thread yesterday but maybe should have started here as you all are my target audience. How much is a nice KISS Premium going for that's heavily modded and has the Stern topper? Just a ball park figure/range. I've only gotten two responses so far- one Pinsider said in the 4's (maybe he thought I had the pro because that seems awfully low to me) and the othe Pinsider said in the mid 5's. Help please

If you have a lead on a PREM thats heavily modded with topper and NO ghosting please point me in that sellers direction if you don't pick up the game.

#594 6 years ago

Capguntrooper...PM sent!

#595 6 years ago

Buy it before final code update and other people start to realize how good this game already is!

#596 6 years ago

My latest mod. Definitely adds something in my opinion.

IMG_2560 (resized).JPGIMG_2560 (resized).JPG

#597 6 years ago

Hey guys,

I just noticed that one of the stickers from the switches on either side of Gene's head has come off and is stuck down hard on the playfield.
I've never removed mylar but I guess this should be similar. Just use a hair dryer until it will let me get a corner to peel up?
I tried the hair dryer for a bit but was worried about the heat on the playfield and the stick wouldn't budge..
Thanks for any advice.

got it off with heat.

#598 6 years ago

Unfortunately having to leave this awesome club. Bills and a daughter in college is putting me over the top. Frustrating as I'm REALLY enjoying my Premium. Game is listed on the marketplace. Feel free to PM me if interested, have questions or need pictures.

#599 6 years ago

Hi guys,
I would like to buy a Kiss Pro. I'm not a fan of the band (i don't hate it) but i love the layout.
I have now IM and TWD, and soon a Met Pro. I had almost all Sterns big titles before, Tron, Lotr, ACDC, SM, ST etc...
How is the code of Kiss? I watched a lot of videos and read a rulesheet but i don't really understand what kind of ruleset it is. Is it like Met or IM?
Can someone please tell me in a few lines how it plays please?
Is there someting wrong with the code right now or a final update is really important?
Thanks

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
I would like to buy a Kiss Pro. I'm not a fan of the band (i don't hate it) but i love the layout.
I have now IM and TWD, and soon a Met Pro. I had almost all Sterns big titles before, Tron, Lotr, ACDC, SM, ST etc...
How is the code of Kiss? I watched a lot of videos and read a rulesheet but i don't really understand what kind of ruleset it is. Is it like Met or IM?
Can someone please tell me in a few lines how it plays please?
Is there someting wrong with the code right now or a final update is really important?
Thanks

Code is fine as is. Could use some tweaking and bug fixes, but very minor. The KISS code was used as a base for the Aerosmith code.

On the used market the prices aren't that different between Pro and Premium, and the Premium is a LOT better, so I'd pony up for that. It's nothing like IM and TWD and only bears a very superficial resemblance to Met, so there will be little crossover.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.