IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 39.
#501 6 years ago

I finally put some Flipper Fidelity speakers in my KISS. The machine sounds amazing!! HUGE difference and highly recommend these especially for music pins. No more shi**y stock speakers for me ever again!

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

I ordered a nib Kiss Pro

Wow, I'm surprised that you were able to find a new KISS Pro. You are going to love it. I'm sure been reading the KISS threads here on Pinside BUT in case you haven't I would check out the suggested settings so that you have a prayer of reaching the wizard modes. Also, it you want to load your favorite KISS songs you can with the Pinball Browser program.

Welcome to the club!

#503 6 years ago

Same here... I was 11 when Dynasty came out and I remember it like it was yesterday. Christmas had nothing on a new KISS release. Proud to say that I immediately loathed, 'I was Made for Loving You'.

Crank it up and play the shit out of that new game!

I remember getting Dynasty Album and pulling out the poster and the order form. The order form had the Bally Kiss Pinball I think you could enter to win one. Wanted one so bad but at 15 no kid could afford that. Finally after many Kiss concerts and two Kiss Kruises a my hope as a kid comes true.

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Wow, I'm surprised that you were able to find a new KISS Pro. You are going to love it. I'm sure been reading the KISS threads here on Pinside BUT in case you haven't I would check out the suggested settings so that you have a prayer of reaching the wizard modes. Also, it you want to load your favorite KISS songs you can with the Pinball Browser program.
Welcome to the club!

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions! I know took me about a week to track one down I contacted Stern and they put me in contact with a distributor that had a couple left.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Same here... I was 11 when Dynasty came out and I remember it like it was yesterday. Christmas had nothing on a new KISS release. Proud to say that I immediately loathed, 'I was Made for Loving You'.
Crank it up and play the shit out of that new game!

Looking forward to it! My favorite tracks on Dynasty Dirty Livin, Hard Times and Sure Know Something.

#506 6 years ago

I bought a HUO Pro a few weeks ago. Updated some songs. We love the game. I have an issues with my right speaker. It doesn't work and it seems to be the CPU. Sucks but not sure I want to pay to have that fixed. I also have the ball wearing the side of the shooter lane. I am hoping there is a Cliffy to protect this. I put a small piece of Mylar to help. We play the game every night. It''s way better than we expected and it was fun figuring out what to do. We get to Heaven's on Fire (now Hard Luck Woman) and Kiss Army Multiball quite often. Super fun. I can't believe the hate for this game, it's awesome. I like it way more than Metallica Pro. Sorry Lars...

#507 6 years ago

Looking forward to it! My favorite tracks on Dynasty Dirty Livin, Hard Times and Sure Know Something.

I hated I was Made when I first got Dynasty. I really like it now. The songs on the game need to be changed to the original recordings, All the new versions lack the punch the originals have. I added NY Groove. The game just needs more ACE.

#508 6 years ago

Well I bought KISS LE on a whim and joined the Army . It has hard shots . Only played a beat up pro with .65 code. I think I will warm up to the pinball machine I spent a good amount on it . I was just thinking about it for a few weeks read this entire 11 page thread . I bought a fairly expensive KISS LE $6,350.00 HUO really nice. Owner did not play it much he has 9 other machines so it looks new. It is one of those pinball machines I am taking a chance on . If I do not like it may be hard to sell. But I almost passed and something inside my brain just said buy it. Any player tips for a KISS noob, strategically . Looking in to Love GUN Kim lighting mod . I normally do not buy LE pinballs with out absolutely loving then first. I bought KISS LE after playing a Pro a handful of times. The music , and crowed noise effects and the play ( I think may be easer??) got me on a mission to find one in Colorado in excellent shape I PM all Three KISS LE owners in Colorado and got one reply . It is now in my home. Fingers crossed I warm up to KISS LE and play better. Lick it Up . Peace

KISS LE STLE AVLE (resized).jpgKISS LE STLE AVLE (resized).jpg
KISS LE side art (resized).jpgKISS LE side art (resized).jpg

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Well I bought KISS LE on a whim and joined the Army . It has hard shots . Only played a beat up pro with .65 code. I think I will warm up to the pinball machine I spent a good amount on it . I was just thinking about it for a few weeks read this entire 11 page thread . I bought a fairly expensive KISS LE $6,350.00 HUO really nice. Owner did not play it much he has 9 other machines so it looks new. It is one of those pinball machines I am taking a chance on . If I do not like it may be hard to sell. But I almost passed and something inside my brain just said buy it. Any player tips for a KISS noob, strategically . Looking in to Love GUN Kim lighting mod . I normally do not buy LE pinballs with out absolutely loving then first. I bought KISS LE after playing a Pro a handful of times. The music , and crowed noise effects and the play ( I think may be easer??) got me on a mission to find one in Colorado in excellent shape I PM all Three KISS LE owners in Colorado and got one reply . It is now in my home. Fingers crossed I warm up to KISS LE and play better. Lick it Up . Peace

Congrats! If it's not already installed, you need the Lovegun lighting mod immediately. The BEST mod for the machine.

#510 6 years ago

Looking good rob,I love mine and I am quite happy with the code and more to come,I had a cliffy on my scoup but pulled it because that shot is so tight,I understand he redesignd it but a mantis may be the better choise for this game,I relocated the spot to shine on starchild and would also recommend the capgun trooper Starchild protector,also take s look at my flipper bats,clear bats with toppers and red rubbers.enjoy this very fun game

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

capgun trooper Starchild protector

It looks like a bitch to install . I Goggled capon trooper Starchild yielded nothing for pinball machines . please provide a link . Thank you

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Congrats! If it's not already installed, you need the Lovegun lighting mod immediately. The BEST mod for the machine.

Ordered from Kim yesterday . Thank you .

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Ordered from Kim yesterday . Thank you .

You'll be amazed how much better it makes that mode start levitating ball look. Should have been in there from the factory.

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

It looks like a bitch to install . I Goggled capon trooper Starchild yielded nothing for pinball machines . please provide a link . Thank you

The Star Child Flame Protector Mod is listed here on Pinside in the classifieds linked to Kiss.

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

The Star Child Flame Protector Mod is listed here on Pinside in the classifieds linked to Kiss.

PM capguntrooper . He sells them.

#516 6 years ago

Don't forget about the LED lighted back glass mod, watch the vid in link. A mod that should have also come factory as the the original KISS pin has it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-lighted-target-back-glass-mod-for-propremle

#517 6 years ago

Question for everyone. My first nib Kiss pro is on the way to my house since my previously owned pins were all 80's Williams machines I never used the protectors between the legs and the cabinet. Wanting to keep my new pin as nice as possible is it a good idea to used the protectors on my Kiss Pro if so what type are the best?

#518 6 years ago

No leg protectors needed. Your game will have plastic protectors that extend about 1/8” keeping the legs from touching the cabinet. I have not had any issue with the plastic ones but you can buy metal ones from pinball life as well.

Get the cliffy for the scoop.

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

No leg protectors needed. Your game will have plastic protectors that extend about 1/8” keeping the legs from touching the cabinet. I have not had any issue with the plastic ones but you can buy metal ones from pinball life as well.
Get the cliffy for the scoop.

In my HUO I do not buy Cliffy's as they can change the came play like on KISS that "BackStage" hole is a bitch to hit and the Cliffy makes it harder . Secondly I have never liked the look of the Cliffy metal . The natural look of the pinball art or wood is better to my eye . I would add clear "Swingline GBC self seal Laminating sheets glossy " Can find it on Amazon for shooter lane. Cut to fit this is great stuff for pinball many uses . I have added a Cliffy's to my Monster Bash that is 20 years old but that Hole get hammered much more than KISS . I would only add it to My KISS if I noticed ware . I order one but will not install it at this time if ever. Not trying to contradict you . Just another view point .

KISS 16 (resized).jpgKISS 16 (resized).jpg
KISS 14 (resized).jpgKISS 14 (resized).jpg

#520 6 years ago

The scoop on Kiss is tight so I agree the cliffy does change play a little making the shot a little tougher. Mine has wear already but I play the hell out of mine. My first cliffy actually split. Just picked up another one and need to put it on. The other thing I need to do is pick up a spare playfield....that way I can always make it mint again if I need to.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

The scoop on Kiss is tight so I agree the cliffy does change play a little making the shot a little tougher. Mine has wear already but I play the hell out of mine. My first cliffy actually split. Just picked up another one and need to put it on. The other thing I need to do is pick up a spare playfield....that way I can always make it mint again if I need to.

I hope I bought the right Cliffy even if I do not install it . I heard it was redesigned by Cliffy to be less of a pain to hit Scoop . Do you remember where / what company you bought your new /second Cliffy from? As to adding a new KISS playfield that is wayyyyyy beyond me . Come fix my shit/restore I pay $$ . Move to Colorado Springs you will love it out in Colorado.

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I hope I bought the right Cliffy even if I do not install it . I heard it was redesigned by Cliffy to be less of a pain to hit Scoop . Do you remember where / what company you bought your new /second Cliffy from? As to adding a new KISS playfield that is wayyyyyy beyond me . Come fix my shit/restore I pay $$ . Move to Colorado Springs you will love it out in Colorado.

I had a cliffy on mine for a while. I hit it so much it actually deformed and made the shot virtually impossible. I removed it and put in a Mantis protector. I have been very happy ever since.

IMG_2426 (resized).JPGIMG_2426 (resized).JPG

#523 6 years ago

Done forget to get slot protectors. The ramp returns drop right on the switch which will wear over time. If you guys are worried about the play field why not get a play field protector?

#524 6 years ago

The scoop Cliffy I ordered direct from Cliffy. The one I just bought I can’t remember the vendor but it was someone at the Houston Arcade Expo.

I bought my game to play so not too worried about a little wear...plus I will just have a spare playfield I can swap out anytime I like. Play field swaps are not too hard. Attention to detail is key and have everything ready before you start. Depending on the game 20 40 hrs is all it should take but the key is to start the swap and finish it. Don’t start and come back to it months later to finish it up. Even with pictures you will be piecing it together and a pain in the ass at that point.

Would love to move to Colorado but I don’t see it happening at the moment. If my situation was different I would love to have more time and do game restoration full time.

#525 6 years ago

Much easier to have the playfield protector, i have over 1000 games played on mine, and the ball has never touched it.

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Its not a crime to be good to yourself.....Lick it up!! Love my LE!!

#527 6 years ago

The only area on my KISS that is showing wear is the left-most inlane. I'm getting a ball "trail" down to the flipper. What is the best way to protect that area?

Do I buy a piece of mylar and cut it to fit into the lane? ow do I clean off the existing trail?

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

The only area on my KISS that is showing wear is the left-most inlane. I'm getting a ball "trail" down to the flipper. What is the best way to protect that area?
Do I buy a piece of mylar and cut it to fit into the lane? ow do I clean off the existing trail?

Clean . It can be protected . I do not have the skill to install a playfield protector . You have to take most of the top of playfield apart no F-ing way I can do that . I have installed mylar in the inlanes before on a SEGA South Park I bought NIB and ran on my coin-op route for years . Mylar is to thick and sticky . For your case I found a great thin 3mil glossy clear "Swingline GBC self seal Laminating sheets glossy " Can find it on Amazon for shooter lane. or inlanes over ghosting inserts, around scoop holes , over magnets like TOTAN or SM . Over rollover swithes cut a oval pattern lay it on playfield glossy side down use a fine tip pen and trace pattern like tracing paper cut to fit right cut a slot out for switct you can trace it first or put right over the switch carefully use small pencil like X-Acto #11 Precision Knife and cut around slot switch will pop up thru. Put on over decals like SS Truck front decal . 8x11 sheets . This stuff is great I would still freeze to take off over inserts or art put I leaves little to none residue . Cut to fit this is great stuff for pinball many uses . If you look very close at my KISS shooter lane you can just make out the thin boarder of "My Miracle mylar https://www.google.com/shopping/product/893036794023939220?lsf=seller:7933,store:10509120811138229646&prds=oid:11647199830769827228&q=xacto+knife&hl=en&ei=w6f-WbuDOpS9jwTji6-gDA&lsft=cm_mmc:PLA-_-Google-LIA-_-870881906-_-238816-VQ6-204202606028-VQ16-c-VQ17-pla-VQ18-local-+VQ20-330239522359-VQ21-6738&lsft=gclid:Cj0KCQjwyvXPBRD-ARIsAIeQeoGkCo-nKppipNb4mWZCC_1lRDjlV-MVxJ0dC3--MBVZBE0xkwwFF80aAv5REALw_wcB

KISS 14 (resized).jpgKISS 14 (resized).jpg

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Clean . It can be protected . I bought my AFM new in 1996 . I did not add the 3 mil Self laminating " Miracle Mylar " till I found it at an office supply store in 2009 . Better late than never . I also have it cut to fit in front of my TOM trunk inserts and a large piece over my MB Universal Monster character large inserts that were stating to wear ever so slightly . Sorry to post Non-Kiss photos this stuff is great . Novis # 1 is a good cleaner in between waxing .

100_0365 (resized).JPG100_0365 (resized).JPG
100_0287 (resized).JPG100_0287 (resized).JPG

#530 6 years ago

Every KISS Prem/LE owner need to order Kim's http://www.kimballspinballs.com/kiss/ ( Love Gun Multi-Ball) lighting kit .
Thanks vireland !!! REALLY Lights Up The Entire Rear Of The Play Field Plus The Levitating Ball When You Make The LIT Love Gun Multi-Ball Ramp Shot !!
Check YouTube it does not do it justice even better "Live"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=5Ysz9zJxS88

LGMB Lighting Mod Kimball's (resized).jpgLGMB Lighting Mod Kimball's (resized).jpg

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Every KISS Prem/LE owner need to order Kim's http://www.kimballspinballs.com/kiss/ ( Love Gun Multi-Ball) lighting kit .
Thanks vireland !!! REALLY Lights Up The Entire Rear Of The Play Field Plus The Levitating Ball When You Make The LIT Love Gun Multi-Ball Ramp Shot !!
Check YouTube it does not do it justice even better "Live"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=5Ysz9zJxS88

Yeah, I don't usually promote mods, but that KISS Lovegun mod is so fantastic every KISS Prem/LE machine needs it.

#532 6 years ago

The Love Gun light mod is a nice touch. Really makes the start of multi ball standout. It is one the few must have mods for Kiss. It’s a must have mod if you have a premium or LE.

#533 6 years ago

I’ve had my Kiss pin less than 2 months and my cliffy got beat to hell like azgym stated. I’m waiting on my mantis as well which I plan to install ASAP.

#534 6 years ago

I usually do not mod to much . I also use on most of my pinball flippers bats black rubber . But I have used Super Bands I even made a YouTube video on an easy way to install Super Bands as they are a pain.
Need help in what color combo for Flipper Topper and Super Bands
Advise / opinion please , Thank you .

KISS (resized).jpgKISS (resized).jpg

Kiss yellow (resized).jpgKiss yellow (resized).jpg

#535 6 years ago

Ignoring all the nay-sayers, code question marks, etc. and planning to order a KISS.

Stuck deciding between Pro and Premium.

I was curious if any Pro buyers wish they'd gone Premium or any Premium buyers wish they'd gone Pro?

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Ignoring all the nay-sayers, code question marks, etc. and planning to order a KISS.
I was curious if any Pro buyers wish they'd gone Premium or any Premium buyers wish they'd gone Pro?

I was gonna go Pro, but got a great deal from a distro for the Premium. Cant go wrong either way. Talk to JJ at Game Exchange....

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Premium/LE all the way for KISS. Colored inserts are great. Starchild area isn't gimped. Lovegun multiball start is AWESOME with the Kimball's mod.

If you have a chance to get an LE (they're drifting towards $6k HUO), do it. The reflective foil cabinet decals are really awesome. Only eclipsed by the Batman SLE.

People complain about KISS not being "finished" but it's a whole lot more polished than Aerosmith. You'll enjoy it just fine.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Need help in what color combo for Flipper Topper and Super Bands
Advise / opinion please , Thank you .

Looks very cool. Did you replace the GI with color LEDs around the lower playfield? Have you thought about translucent rubbers?

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Looks very cool. Did you replace the GI with color LEDs around the lower playfield? Have you thought about translucent rubbers?

No the second photo is from the UKEL pinside store Yellow Star Bat covers and orange Super bands not sure if they modified GI or not.
First Photo is from a KISS LE on the Market place with Black stars and Red Super bands . I ordered both colors of Super bands Red and Orange . Trying make a choice on Flipper Topper color.
I also answered you question in great detail how to protect your KISS inlane a few pots up from this one .

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I went through your exact questions KISS LE as the prices have dropped the LE HOU is the way to go . Search the KISS LE owners in your state on pinside map . Then send them a friendly PM asking to buy . That is how I found my KISS LE took one week. Best mod for KISS Prem/LE is Kim's Lighting Love Gun Multi-Ball mod . it is so cool. www.KimballsPinballs.com

KISS LE side art (resized).jpgKISS LE side art (resized).jpg

#541 6 years ago

I want to join your club but am struggling to find a game here in the UK.

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I want to join your club but am struggling to find a game here in the UK.

Sure is slim pickins for KISS Prem/LE in the UK, that's for sure!

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure is slim pickins for KISS Prem/LE in the UK, that's for sure!

Slim pickings for ANY game in the UK built in the last 4 years. NIB prices have destroyed the second hand market. There are only a handful of new games being sold.
Beware US pin monkeys, this is what happens when the pricing goes too far.

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Slim pickings for ANY game in the UK built in the last 4 years. NIB prices have destroyed the second hand market. There are only a handful of new games being sold.
Beware US pin monkeys, this is what happens when the pricing goes too far.

Wow, that's terrible. Fortunately there's a huge reservoir of pins to start with here if pricing or quality problems destroy the NIB market.

How much do they charge for a game on a newish pin there?

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that's terrible. Fortunately there's a huge reservoir of pins to start with here if pricing or quality problems destroy the NIB market.
How much do they charge for a game on a newish pin there?

Well it is $8200 for a NIB Stern Pro. $13200 for a Stern LE.

A desirable used newer Stern Pro will go for $6000 - $7000 (possibly more) and that is IF you can find one for sale. There is currently a HUO KISS Pro for sale on Pinside at $4800 ONO. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

A desirable used newer Stern Pro will go for $6000 - $7000 (possibly more) and that is IF you can find one for sale. There is currently a HUO KISS Pro for sale on Pinside at $4800 ONO. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I have bought many pinball machines from a route operator in the 1990's . I found one KISS Pro some were UK. Paisley_Pinball here is a link : https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/paisley_pinball/collection

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I have bout many pinball machines from a route operator in the 1990's . I found one KISS Pro some were UK. Paisley_Pinball her is a link : https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/paisley_pinball/collection

Thanks for that. I have sent a PM although looking at their website it looks like they hire out games for events so doubt they will sell. But we shall see.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I meant what do you typically pay to play one game on a newish pin on location there?

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I meant what do you typically pay to play one game on a newish pin on location there?

There aren’t that many around but it is generally £1 per credit, 3 credits for £2.

With the price of new games being so high operators just can’t make any money on pinball.

2 weeks later
#550 6 years ago

Attention Kiss Pinball Army!!! I just wanted to share with you the awesome job that Kim Keist of Kimball's Pinball's did for my Pro. He customized my backbox LED kit as I already had the Stern topper. I didn't want the KISS lettering on the translite to be interactive like the topper as I thought that might be sensory-overload on the eyes. Anyways, see for your self how great it turned out. If you need a backbox lighting mod, look no further for the value and quality of the best product out there.

Buy here: http://www.kimballspinballs.com/stern-backbox-kits/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/11?hl=tgr81dk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.