IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 39.
#451 6 years ago

Just got off the phone with JJ @ game exchange. Just ordered a NIB Kiss Premium! I'm in da club! Anything I need to watch for when unboxing?

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Just got off the phone with JJ @ game exchange. Just ordered a NIB Kiss Premium! I'm in da club! Anything I need to watch for when unboxing?

Congratulations!!! This machine is much better than the bad rap it always seems to get. Have fun!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-151-kissues-and-mods

#453 6 years ago

This game kills!!! Congrats!! Unpacking is straight forward, the on switch is beneath the backbox on the right. Took me a few minutes to find it. Enjoy the hell out of this epic table, it's a lot of fun and is gorgeous!!

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Get the star child plastic protector....and kiss back glass mod coming soon

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Yeah! Still love my Kiss. Great game.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Get the star child plastic protector....and kiss back glass mod coming soon

Back glass mod!!?? Something that hasn't been done before?

#457 6 years ago

Im fakkin stoked......this game is so under rated!

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Im fakkin stoked......this game is so under rated!

Couldn't agree more. Lots of great mods out there too. Not sure how big of a KISS fan you are but you can do some pretty cool stuff with Pinball Browser.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Back glass mod!!?? Something that hasn't been done before?

I had been developing a prototype for months but a vendor beat me to the punch, then there was my whole deployment that took me away for over a year. Now I have something nearly half the cost incorporating a simpler design. See previous link below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-pinball-lighted-target-back-glass-mod

#460 6 years ago

Ready to ship Target mods at this time!

#461 6 years ago

Got it all set up today! Im about a 6 pack in....and lovin it.....

20170709_140857 (resized).jpg20170709_140857 (resized).jpg

20170709_145929 (resized).jpg20170709_145929 (resized).jpg

#462 6 years ago

Looks great! Nice to see someone so excited for KISS. THIS is what pinball is all about!! Enjoy!!!!

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Looks great! Nice to see someone so excited for KISS. THIS is what pinball is all about!! Enjoy!!!!

Thinking of getting a KISS premium, as I'm a huge fan since I was 13 (first concert) However, I just bought AS pro & a lot of guys on that thread say KISS is virtually identical to AS, except they bash the hell out of the KISS layout & code.

Is it really that bad?

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Got it all set up today! Im about a 6 pack in....and lovin it.....

Good to hear you're enjoying it! I picked up a KISS LE about a month ago and I'm loving it. I'm actually glad that this has a bad rap right now as I was able to get a great deal on one from a fellow pinsider.

#465 6 years ago

Well looks like I joined the club and will be picking up a premium this week. Probably going to cost me my POTC but what the hell u only live once and I just love the look of the game.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Thinking of getting a KISS premium, as I'm a huge fan since I was 13 (first concert) However, I just bought AS pro & a lot of guys on that thread say KISS is virtually identical to AS, except they bash the hell out of the KISS layout & code.
Is it really that bad?

I think its shoots really smooth. Code is pretty solid as is. Ive heard the rules are similiar on both machines. I played the crap out of a Pro.....then just bought the premium.

#467 6 years ago

KISS is an incredible table! Completely immersive and the premium/LE light show is spectacular. The nod to the Bally machine is a class move as well. I've been well entertained by this game and the code is fine. When/if further updates become a reality then it will be that much better. I'm smiling from ear to ear with every play!

#468 6 years ago

well, still the same story about the code, and not only about KISS of course...
let's be realistic, for most of the pinball guys, code is OK as it
now, if you're a more "advanced" player, its not enough, and again, not only on KISS, but most of STERN last games

i'm still consider owning a KISS, but i have learned from the past
GB is gone for that reason, so pity because it's a fabulous machine too
but OK, we have to deal with it, some will dont care, and some others will put this on their highest priority list

#469 6 years ago

I never thought I'd own a KISS pinball machine- never a fan. I found myself playing it on location most out of any of the new Sterns. I almost let myself be swayed but the Pinside herd - even called my distributor in a panic that I had made the wrong choice - that somehow I'd eventually love GB if I just played it enough. Well, I've had my KISS for about 8 months and I still love playing KISS and I still hate GB. For ME it was the right game. The game is reasonably deep. I haven't played AS yet so I can't tell you if it's different enough to have a KISS along side it.

3 weeks later
#470 6 years ago

Well, that was weird. Just had a game where Lick It Up suddenly became I Love It Loud.
That is, it continued with the Lick mode but sound was now playing ILIL
Never had that before - is it a known bug?

1 week later
#471 6 years ago

Quick question. Is it possible to put a Kiss topper on a shelf. I mean without a pinball and get it animated?

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from Chnillapoil:

Quick question. Is it possible to put a Kiss topper on a shelf. I mean without a pinball and get it animated?

Looking to put a spot light on your shelf?

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Looking to put a spot light on your shelf?

In fact I want to test it on the bench before installing.

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Chnillapoil:

I don't see how it could be...what's driving the power to it? The pinball machine, correct? I don't have a topper on my KISS but assuming it doesn't have a regular power cord, but a cord that plugs into the SPIKE board.

#475 6 years ago

Didn't Stern suggest at the time that this topper could be used as a stand alone?

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I don't see how it could be...what's driving the power to it? The pinball machine, correct? I don't have a topper on my KISS but assuming it doesn't have a regular power cord, but a cord that plugs into the SPIKE board.

I agree but if I plug the Y cable only, will it work without the USB going to the spike board ?

1 month later
#477 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Is it really that bad?

KISS is better code, that's for sure. More modes and more multiballs. Almost anyone that has both for more than a month together will tell you that.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Well, that was weird. Just had a game where Lick It Up suddenly became I Love It Loud.
That is, it continued with the Lick mode but sound was now playing ILIL
Never had that before - is it a known bug?

It's a LONG documented bug that was copied to the Aerosmith code when they used KISS as a base, so Aerosmith has it, too. Check out the 1.30 bugs thread for KISS - it's on there:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist

#479 6 years ago

so I have a chance to buy a Kiss LE at a very good price, any reason NOT to do this Kiss owners? I like the band's music (although I know I'll change songs with pinball browser) but curious if anyone would try and talk me out of it?

#480 6 years ago

Can someone give me the song list and times for each track (assuming a few of you already have this and don't mind sharing) Thanks!!!

#481 6 years ago

Deuce 3:05
Black Diamond 4:18
Calling Dr. Love 3:23
Detroit Rock City 3:56
Heaven's On Fire 3:23
Hotter Than Hell 3:08
Lick It Up 3:59
Love Gun 3:13
I Love It Loud 4:07
Rock N Roll All Nite 2:48
Shout It Out Loud 2:53

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

so I have a chance to buy a Kiss LE at a very good price, any reason NOT to do this Kiss owners? I like the band's music (although I know I'll change songs with pinball browser) but curious if anyone would try and talk me out of it?

If you're a KISS fan, there is no reason not to buy it. It's a beautiful looking machine and I think it's a fast/fun player. Anytime it starts getting a little stale, I've found that downloading a new code with different songs freshens it right up. I just downloaded v1.30 and changed the songs up. It's the LE code which I think also works on the Premium. I also replaced Gene's "holy shit" callout with a couple others. I haven't heard it used on the game yet, but I'm pretty sure it will when it goes to grab the callouts it replaced. If anyone would like to try it, I can try to put a copy out on dropbox.

32 Deuce to Plaster Caster
34 Black Diamond to Psycho Circus
35 Calling Dr. Love to Domino
36 Detroit Rock City to Crazy Crazy Nights
39 Heaven's On Fire to Mr. Speed
40 Hotter Than Hell to Firehouse
41 Lick It Up to Hard Luck Woman
42 Love Gun to Wouldn't You Like To Know Me
43 I Love It Loud to Shock Me
44 Rock N Roll All Nite to Christine 16
45 Shout It Out Loud to Two Timer

#483 6 years ago

Kiss Pro 1.30. Hope you enjoy. Download from drop box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpylwvhqqg1sdba/KISS-1_30_0.spk?dl=0

Black Diamond - 4.18.401
War Machine - new
Dr Love - 3.23.951 (35)
Plaster Caster - new
Detroit Rock City - 3.56 (36)
Legend Tonight - new
Deuce - 3.05.789 keep (32)
New York Groove - new
Hotter Than Hell - 3.08.770 (40)
Parasite - new
Lick It Up - 3.59 (41)
Do You Love Me - new
Love Gun - 3.13.101 (42)
Strutter - new
Love it Loud - 4.07.470 (43)
Rock N Roll All Nite - 2.48 (44)
Two timer - new
Shout It Out Loud - 2.53 (45)
Come on and Love me - new
Heavens on Fire - 3:23.227 (39)
King of the night time World -

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Even if you're not a KISS fan (I'm not), it's a really GREAT, deep, and challenging game. It will be a while before you can beat it. The foil-base cabinet only on the LE is really beautiful in person. Only Batman'66 cabinet looks better. At current prices, HUO LE and Premiums are a steal.

I didn't intend to own a KISS LE, but once I saw it on the route I help with, I had to "rescue" it. It was only out for about a month before I bought it off the route and it was replaced with a premium.

#485 6 years ago

Not a fan of the music...love the game.

#486 6 years ago

I've enjoyed the crap out of it.....I've come close to wizard mode.....but not quite made it yet.....damnit.......

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

#576 reporting in. Do it! It's beautiful, fun, fast and - a year and a half on for me - still challenging!

#488 6 years ago

I just pulled the trigger on a HUO Pro that I couldn't pass up. It should be at my front door next week. I'm sooo stoked being a hardcore Kiss fanatic... I've already bought a ton of mods for it as well that will be showing up any day now.

#489 6 years ago

Congrats on snagging a kiss pro! You're going to love it. Unless you are an advanced player, you might want to adjust the settings as the default settings are pretty difficult and make it hard to ever get to any of the wizard modes. Even with these settings I've only gotten to Heaven's on Fire a few times. You'll have a lot more fun.

9: first number of grids lit for grid MB: 1
29: reset shot multiplier at ball start: NO
31: reset playfield multiplier at ball start: NO
32: song completion for playfield multiplier: 1
36: instrument rule difficulty: PWR-ON=LIGHT ALL
37: instruments carry ball/ball: YES
38: 1st instrument extra ball: 3
40: instruments to blink spaceman: 4
41: instruments to light spaceman: 8

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Congrats on snagging a kiss pro! You're going to love it. Unless you are an advanced player, you might want to adjust the settings as the default settings are pretty difficult and make it hard to ever get to any of the wizard modes. Even with these settings I've only gotten to Heaven's on Fire a few times. You'll have a lot more fun.

Thanks Konjuror, much appreciated!

#491 6 years ago

Well I'm about to join the Kiss Army. Getting my Kiss LE this Saturday! Woot!!

#492 6 years ago

guys I keep getting an "update failed" after trying to upgrade to 1.30. The original owner never upgraded the code, so I downloaded it, used pinball browser to change my songs, but I've tried twice and same thing. Any ideas??

#493 6 years ago

Anybody want to make a few bucks and has an le or,premium and knows pinball browser,I want heavens on fire replaced with fire house.

Thanks,

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

guys I keep getting an "update failed" after trying to upgrade to 1.30. The original owner never upgraded the code, so I downloaded it, used pinball browser to change my songs, but I've tried twice and same thing. Any ideas??

Can you update with a stock file? Maybe you messed up a checksum or something. I'd download a clean version and update with that, THEN you'll know if it's your pinball browser work that's causing the issue or if you have another problem. Also, might want to reformat/change USB sticks in case that's a contributing factor.

#495 6 years ago

Great news that officially confirmed that KISS is getting a final update

Hopefully it will be a sweet update. And then someone can do a color dmd??

Really hoping for some Champion awards, bug fixes, and a few surprises.

I can be more patient now I know it is coming for sure!

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS - OCTOBER 2017
Welcome to the inaugural Stern of the Union Address! This will be a monthly update on the status of all things Stern Pinball, touching on many different topics. Without further ado my fellow pinheads:
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:
- Star Wars with its newest asteroid video mode and intense lightsaber duel!
- Batman ’66 with the new major villain cliffhangers!
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
- Aerosmith: Aerosmith will also be getting a little more polish.
- KISS: We will be revisiting KISS code very soon to create a final update.

#496 6 years ago

I’m glad they’re revisiting the code, but as it sits, I’m really happy with the game. I hit Kiss Army last night, then Heavens On Fire.

Of course more can be done, but I’m still happy with my purchase.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m glad they’re revisiting the code, but as it sits, I’m really happy with the game. I hit Kiss Army last night, then Heavens On Fire.
Of course more can be done, but I’m still happy with my purchase.

If there were no more updates at all, it would still be a very complete game, and very fun. However, it would be nice if this upcoming "final" update would take care of all the outstanding bugs.

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.

cool
ha shit... just forgotten that i have sold mine few monthes ago

and this confirm what D. said to me long ago, not working on GB until he's busy on SW, may be later
now the question is : when/does SW will be complete one day !?

posting here means i stil hope to see/buy a (perfect coded) KISS one day

2 weeks later
#499 6 years ago

I ordered a nib Kiss Pro waiting for it to be delivered so excited. Been a Kiss fan since the 70’s. I remember getting Dynasty Album and pulling out the poster and the order form. The order form had the Bally Kiss Pinball I think you could enter to win one. Wanted one so bad but at 15 no kid could afford that. Finally after many Kiss concerts and two Kiss Kruises a my hope as a kid comes true.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Been a Kiss fan since the 70’s.

Haha, same here. I just recently got mine and have been modding the shit out of it. I'll post some pictures soon as I added a little extra touch on mine that I haven't seen yet. Welcome to the Kiss Pinball Army!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/10?hl=tempest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.