Kiss_PRO.jpg
Kiss_LE.jpg
GS_Axe_Bass2.JPG
GS_Axe_Bass.JPG
LE_Red_Detail.JPG
LE_Red_Hinge.JPG
LE_Red.JPG
LE_Paint_Test2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 8 years ago

I think Stern is making a smart move by selling this stuff. IMHO they should take the next step, and eliminate the LE model entirely, and just offer even more mods to create the "ultimate edition". So if you want the mirrored backglass and special armor and topper and all the goodies you can just order them with your game. Distributor can install them before they ship. Makes the distributor more useful.

I bet they'd make more money in the big picture selling the mirrored backglass separately to people than they do on the markup for the LE.

And it would avoid the awkward problem of buying an LE with special armor, and then having to buy the even "more special" armor to replace it.

So two models, Pro and Premium, and then all the optional upgrades.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

You should get Heighway to do that. Would avoid buying an Aliens LE with green armor and sticking a Full Throttle playfield/art package on it.

Well, they sort of are doing that. You can buy a "Pro" which is really more like a "Premium" and add the beacon lights topper and the fiber optic ramps. But the LE art package will be exclusive, can't buy that, so it's half way there I guess. I do like that you can buy the things that actually interact with the game though, that's a good start.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You have to buy a Premium over an LE. LE's are sold out!

Hey, good for Stern, I hope it's a hit. I hope the code is handled quickly. I hope it's a good game.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I'm not sure what will be underneath. I usually use laminated paper, but some powder coated metal would be cool. It just isn't very cost effective.

If people want a chrome look some reflective mylar would probably be a reasonable solution, and not expensive.

1 week later
#82 8 years ago

Nice, I love how creative that looks, I want to see it installed!

#95 8 years ago

That's some nice work man, definitely took it to a new level.

#108 8 years ago

Ooh, I'd only see the Ride the Lightning version, didn't know there was a Master of Puppets one!

2 weeks later
#130 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

I wonder what Purple would look like on Kiss??

I think it would look great. If you look at the LE gameplay video they still have the blue tape over the rails, and the red bleeding through some actually makes it look pretty purple, and it's a nice fit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armor-looks-amazing?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.