Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by HemiOrange09
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150923_155440.jpg
IMG_0203.jpg
IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0193.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg
IMG_1035.jpg
IMG_1033.jpg
Kiss_PRO.jpg
Kiss_LE.jpg
GS_Axe_Bass2.JPG
GS_Axe_Bass.JPG
LE_Red_Detail.JPG
LE_Red_Hinge.JPG
LE_Red.JPG
LE_Paint_Test2.JPG

There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago

I will also buy the ACDC prem rails and hinges.And if you ever do The Lord of the Rings black rails and hinges.I am in on that also.

#152 4 years ago

Le set ordered

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I was looking at the tron rails and hinges on your site.I am interested in buying.But the colors are on the wrong sides.Orange should be on the left and blue on right.If you can correct this.I will buy a set.

I can correct this. Just specify which side you want what color on in the notes.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

if you ever do The Lord of the Rings black rails and hinges.I am in on that also.

I tried to do Lord of the rings a few years ago when the LEs came out. I wanted to cut the script from the ring on the side rail. The font is very thin and long and didn't work well. Somebody wanted to make an EL paper mod for it and tie it into game play. I may have to revisit this when things settle down.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Metal:

I can correct this. Just specify which side you want what color on in the notes.

I just ordered.I specified in the notes about blue on right and orange on left.Thank you.
I ordered Tron and ACDC prem.

#156 4 years ago

I tried to do Lord of the Rings a few years ago when the LEs came out. I wanted to cut the script from the ring on the side rail. The font is very thin and long and didn't work well. Somebody wanted to make an EL paper mod for it and tie it into game play. I may have to revisit this when things settle down.

Maybe something not as fancy as the script on ring.Keep me posted.

#157 4 years ago

My ACDC prem rails have 3 red screws holding the button protectors on the rails.I noticed yours don't.Will the button protector metal rub on the decal?.
Will you have holes in final product?.

#158 4 years ago

Pinball Metal is ready! Products are in stock and ready to start shipping.
Please go to -link removed- to purchase custom side rails & hinge sets.

Ordered my set!

#159 4 years ago

Mine were ordered Wednesday and they arrive on Thursday!!

That's some service. Now I just need my Kiss.

#160 4 years ago

How so you think the yellow version would look on Luci? Would the right tone of purple or black look better?

#161 4 years ago

How cool is this stuff ?

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Maybe something not as fancy as the script on ring.Keep me posted.

Please do this!! I would go for them in a minute to get rid of that cheap gold finish they used on my LE Legs, lockdown bar and side armor..

#164 4 years ago

My LOTR is from 2004.I need something black to match my lockdown bar and legs.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

My ACDC prem rails have 3 red screws holding the button protectors on the rails.I noticed yours don't.Will the button protector metal rub on the decal?.
Will you have holes in final product?.

I do not have the 3 holes in the button protector. It looks better with out it. In a home environment, it is not necessary.

#166 4 years ago

Ordered a set for ac/dc. Are the armor button holes larger than stock? Looks like the kiss ones may have a black insert to make up the hole size difference? Thanks

#167 4 years ago

I do not have the 3 holes in the button protector. It looks better with out it. In a home environment, it is not necessary.

Do you recommend some felt pads between the guards and the pin.Or just leave it bare?
Also did my order ship?

#168 4 years ago

Received my LE rails. I cannot express how awesome these look! Fantastic job!

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Do you recommend some felt pads between the guards and the pin.Or just leave it bare?
Also did my order ship?

I don't think felt pads are necessary. Stern rails are right against the cabinet. Your order will ship today. The holiday weekend slowed things down a little.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Received my LE rails. I cannot express how awesome these look! Fantastic job!

Thanks, I'm glad you like them.

#171 4 years ago

Mine came today, less than a week from ordering. They look great. Thanks

#172 4 years ago

Very fast shipping ,great job

#173 4 years ago

Got my set! they look awesome and very well packed! Thanks!

Any recommendations/directions on where I can find some steps on how to install them? I started to try to install them but hit some snags. Surely Stern has some guide or something since they're about to sell armor themselves?

#174 4 years ago

I am going to make some directions. I will put them on the website and start to mail them with the Side Rails when they are done. You do need to power off the game and remove the cover for the power supply (2 nuts) to get off the right hinge on the Spike system. If you need some help immediately, PM me.

#175 4 years ago

Ordered both red and black, can't decide

#176 4 years ago

Just received ACDC and Metallica LE. They are amazingly well done - and well packed. Thanks

#177 4 years ago

I forgot to add - consider this my pre-order for the LOTR set!!

#178 4 years ago

If you have not seen the video, check it out. Looks pretty cool to me. I am getting both Pinball Metal and Stern's armor.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10153440263334244/

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

If you have not seen the video, check it out. Looks pretty cool to me. I am getting both Pinball Metal and Stern's armor.
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10153440263334244/

Because you have two kiss games?

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Because you have two kiss games?

Nope, just one. I might want to change it up in the future.

#181 4 years ago

Still haven't installed mine, but I'm definitely more impressed with Pinball Metal's than Stern's official armor. I went with the blades and topper from Stern, and these rails for my pro.

The only thing I like about sterns that'd I love to add to mine is the lock down bar. But I'd want the logo and ikons fo be silver to go with the Gene axe rails

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from kennz0r:

Still haven't installed mine

I would love to see some pictures after people install their armor.

3 weeks later
#183 4 years ago

HERE YA GO! Looks BAD AZZ!

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

#184 4 years ago

Looks sweet. What kinda lighting effect is that below the cabinet?

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Looks sweet. What kinda lighting effect is that below the cabinet?

See link below of what I have, there are a few different versions as well

http://www.spencersonline.com/product/super-led-dome-light-plus/54233.uts?keyword=led%20dome&thumbnailIndex=3

#186 4 years ago

Cool, Thanks. Your Kiss looks great. I have been playing it a place locally at Jungle Jims in Eastgate.. Very fun game when you get things going.

#187 4 years ago

KISS Premium with custom red armor (thanks in part to Pinball Metal!)

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

#188 4 years ago

Wow, I think the red looks better on the Premium than it does on the LE.

2 months later
#189 3 years ago

So I received the Stern KISS armor today... honestly, what a joke for $500! The "stickers" weren't applied strait. A few of the stars from the left "Starchild" rail are missing the tips (literally look ripped off) and the "Demon" boot design on the right rail has different sized gaps between the separately applied stickers. Didn't even want to open the inner box for the lock down bar. Returning right away.

Looks like I will get some of the axe bass armor instead... and save $300. Live and learn.

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

So I received the Stern KISS armor today... honestly, what a joke for $500! The "stickers" weren't applied strait. A few of the stars from the left "Starchild" rail are missing the tips (literally look ripped off) and the "Demon" boot design on the right rail has different sized gaps between the separately applied stickers. Didn't even want to open the inner box for the lock down bar. Returning right away.
Looks like I will get some of the axe bass armor instead... and save $300. Live and learn.

You will NOT be disappointed with Pinball Metals Kiss Armor. I ordered a set for my Kiss Premium. Pinball Metal was fantastic to deal with, shipping was super fast and everything was packaged with extreme care to avoid any damage during shipping..

#191 3 years ago

Yeah, it looks amazing. I will be ordering it as soon as I return Stern's armor. With Stern's armor, I really liked the KISS logo on the hinge and the logos on the lockdown bar. But if they aren't even going to be put on straight then it's a complete waste.

#192 3 years ago

Here's a Pinball Refinery edition of a KISS Premium that I did for a customer. It turned out AMAZING.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

20150923_155440.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
$ 399.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saginaw, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside