You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150808_110418.jpg
IMG_1035.jpg
IMG_1033.jpg
#1 8 years ago

So Ive searched youtube, google, pinside, etc. and I am unsuccessful finding ANY directions on how to install custom armor to modern day Stern Pinball machines. I've recently purchased a KISS pro pinball machine, and the fact that Pinmetal offered such badass armor coupled with the topper and other mods made my decision to do so over going for the LE.

Problem is that I've had both my custom armor and my KISS pro for a little over 3 weeks, and though I've attempted to a couple times, I'm stuck on how to install these awesome side rails. I've seen some people here with their LE's with the custom armor installed and I'm super envious.

Can ANYONE please just give some simple directions on tools I need, a couple steps, etc on how a bouts getting these installed?

I had a get together this past weekend, and my friends loved the pinball machine, but it kinda sucked pulling the armor out of my closet and showing them how MUCH cooler my KISS Pro will look...eventually when I find out how to install them.

Thanks in advance!!!

#2 8 years ago

Open the cashbox. Flip the lever under the apron to one side. Remove the lockdown bar on top of the apron. Carefully slide out the playfield glass. Remove factory side rails. Install yours. Depending on your rails you might be able to use the factory holes or you might have to add a couple. Hope this helps.

#3 8 years ago

You can use the factory holes, they should be perfect. For the right side, you will have to remove the power supply cover in the back box (3 nuts) lower right side of the back box. It took me 20 minutes to do the whole thing. It's easy.

#4 8 years ago

Call Stern, I bet they walk you through it.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

You can use the factory holes, they should be perfect. For the right side, you will have to remove the power supply cover in the back box (3 nuts) lower right side of the back box. It took me 20 minutes to do the whole thing. It's easy.

How did you remove the bolts toward the front of the play field? the ones that have the ground wire under em?

#6 8 years ago

7/16 open end wrench to remove the nut. If the bolt sticks hit it with a Philips screw driver from the inside of the cabinet on the tip of the bolt with your hand.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

7/16 open end wrench to remove the nut. If the bolt sticks hit it with a Philips screw driver from the inside of the cabinet on the tip of the bolt with your hand.

What he said.

#8 8 years ago

You get them on yet? It looks sweet on an LE

IMG_1033.jpgIMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1035.jpgIMG_1035.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Yep! I got them installed yesterday. Thanks for those members here that contributed valuable input. This is my first pin so I was a little apprehensive to get too handsy with it without clear direction on where and what to do, lol.

20150808_110418.jpg20150808_110418.jpg

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from kennz0r:

This is my first pin so I was a little apprehensive

Concrats on selection of a first pin and the side armor looks great.

3 weeks later
#12 8 years ago

With the side armor and hinges installed, can the head still be folded down?

#13 8 years ago

Yes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armor-kit-installation-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.