Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

file05.jpg
file04.jpg
file03.jpg
file02.jpg
file01.jpg
217830-i.jpg
217829-i.jpg
217828-i.jpg
217827-i.jpg
217826-i.jpg

#1 4 years ago

217826-i.jpg
217827-i.jpg
217828-i.jpg
217829-i.jpg
217830-i.jpg
file01.jpg
file02.jpg
file03.jpg
file04.jpg
file05.jpg

#2 4 years ago

John Popadiuk i love you

#3 4 years ago

JPop is the MAN! ....as the pictures prove

#4 4 years ago

The art looks nice, but that playfield layout looks tremendously boring.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

The art looks nice, but that playfield layout looks tremendously boring.

I assume there will be ramps and things added....

My boss is so in for this. If you end up being able to sell them, he is in VIA me.

#6 4 years ago

It was just a mock up made to showcase the art for the machine. I am sure JPop would change the playfield layout if he was able to get the license.

#7 4 years ago

Very nice looking. Love the classic art style.

#9 4 years ago

he is currently working on ramps for the game, and kiss wanted to see something real not some ideas on a screen / paper so a hell of a investment for jpop. I am not a die hard kiss fan but like their music, love the look of it and would buy in if is reasonably priced.

#10 4 years ago

The backglass art is killer

#11 4 years ago

Quoted from NinJaBooT:Nice to see the original line up.

How can you tell?

Gene and Paul own the rights to the Space Ace and Cat character.

Their last tour had the Space Ace on guitar and the Cat on drums but it wasnt
Ace Frehley or Peter Criss.

#12 4 years ago

why is there a red ninja turtle in the middle of the pf, theyre sposed to be green arent they?

#13 4 years ago

That's a Gene Simmons in his signature pose. 3D printed (it looks to me).

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Nice to see the original line up.

The only original Kiss members on this pin are Gene and Paul.

#15 4 years ago

That Gene head better spew blood when you hit and spin it all over the play field, otherwise its a TOTAN spinner.

I want blood, smoke, fire coming out of this pinball machine! I want it to pick me up with it's laser beams and shake me like a dog!

Cool start.

#16 4 years ago

(lol Z) why is gene simmons face on the back of a ninja turtle shell?!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

The only original Kiss members on this pin are Gene and Paul.

I could not tell under their makeup in the art.

#18 4 years ago

I really like the display being in the back of the playfield. Seems like it would really limit ramp locations, so I'm guessing that's why there weren't more made like that.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I really like the display being in the back of the playfield. Seems like it would really limit ramp locations, so I'm guessing that's why there weren't more made like that.

Yeah, that's my concern as well with JPOPs design. Cool though.

#20 4 years ago

that backglass style looks sweet

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

That Gene head better spew blood when you hit and spin it all over the play field, otherwise its a TOTAN spinner.
I want blood, smoke, fire coming out of this pinball machine! I want it to pick me up with it's laser beams and shake me like a dog!
Cool start.

Hold your horses fella. I for one, would be fine with another game having a spinner like TOTAN (not Avengers). The way it is incorporated in TOTAN is fantastic. I have played many games were all I try and do is spin the lamp, cause it is so gratifying....my 2 cents

#22 4 years ago

So what does this mean for BHZA pre orders? It looks to me like JPop is working on a lot, but NOT on BHZA. or Magic Girl. Why can't he just finish a game and put it out there instead of doing all these side projects which turn into pinball machines?

Seriously - look at all the time and effort put into this Kiss. It is beautiful. Maybe I am crazy, but it seems like the time spent on Kiss could have been spent on Magic Girl or BHZA. Am I crazy?

#23 4 years ago

Wow, John. That looks amazing! The art is beautiful and the Gene toy looks hilarious. I do hope there will be more ramps and JP signature shot style in future updates. How easy/difficult was the process in pursuing the KISS license?

#24 4 years ago

Looks awesome so far. I hope he gets to sell these to the public. Not that I could afford one for a few years.

#25 4 years ago

Hand-drawn art and pinball go together. Good choice.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

So what does this mean for BHZA pre orders? It looks to me like JPop is working on a lot, but NOT on BHZA. or Magic Girl. Why can't he just finish a game and put it out there instead of doing all these side projects which turn into pinball machines?
Seriously - look at all the time and effort put into this Kiss. It is beautiful. Maybe I am crazy, but it seems like the time spent on Kiss could have been spent on Magic Girl or BHZA. Am I crazy?

John/JPOP is literally working 7 days a week. I don't want to speak for all the owners but I will say that I don't feel cheated in the slightest that he worked on this Kiss machine. After yesterday's RAZA update on the owners blog I can tell you the game is coming along nicely. I think many of us who are seeing his work behind the scene are happy that John showed a little of what he can do to the pinball community... JPOP's machines are not for the impatient but they will be incredible!

#27 4 years ago

As as RAZA owner I'm thrilled with how things are progressing. So much so now that I dropped a deposit on his AIW!

#28 4 years ago

NICE!!!! I love the art.

#29 4 years ago

I heard from Jpop and there was a good reason for this and he and a mate did this in their own time for a good friend.
The 1978 KISS game was made by my old Bally® boss Jim Patla. We
thought that a new one was in order as we have the lcd display and
new light system perfect for KISS. But our plan was for 2016 but we
decided to make the concept game sooner to show the band (we have)
now as my best friend of 30 years Tony (our other kiss expert) has very
bad terminal cancer.

Tony is amazed how we make these games from nothing but ideas.

#30 4 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^ I heard the same story....but a less detailed version

#31 4 years ago

^^^^He made it over the Christmas holidays before it was too late to do so under the circumstances. To me this shows what kind of man JPop is and what true friendship means.

#32 4 years ago

JPOP is a class act through and through. To all those people that think this took away time from RAZA & MG you're wrong. It was a total spare time project and does not effect our games in any way. Can't wait for JPop to show off a MG at an upcoming show You guys will Flip (literally) !

#33 4 years ago

Just take my money now! Drooling........

#34 4 years ago

Did he ever install any ramps into this KISS game? I thought I read somewhere that he was tinkering around and installing mock up parts throughout the weekend, but all the pictures I saw had only one level and basically nothing to shoot at. I know this wasn't intended to be functional, but was it supposed to be exclusively an artwork demo or was it supposed to show an initial concept playfield layout as well?

#35 4 years ago

not that I was at the show but sure he was going to be designing them (maybe that means CAD) and I think it is a initial concept layout and art.

#36 4 years ago

Love it. But Ace looks an awful lot like Tommy Thayer. Not Ace Frehley. Just sayin'...

#37 4 years ago

Paul Stanley should uncross his legs. Looks like he has to whiz

Other than that, nice design

#38 4 years ago

He definitely used the images of Tommy and Eric, but who cares. The came looks amazing so far.

#39 4 years ago

Noted the speakers are in the translate....with speaker upgrades wonder if there will be considerable vibration.

#40 4 years ago

I like how he slapped in a bunch of hot babes for the geriatric band at the start, instead of it being an aftermarket thing (cough AC/DC cough)

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I like how he slapped in a bunch of hot babes for the geriatric band at the start, instead of it being an aftermarket thing (cough AC/DC cough)

Ditto that, have you seen the hot babes in RAZA? Wow...

Makes me wonder what hot Alice is gonna look like......

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

LMAO...

Quoted from fattrain:

JPOP is a class act through and through. To all those people that think this took away time from RAZA & MG you're wrong. It was a total spare time project and does not effect our games in any way. Can't wait for JPop to show off a MG at an upcoming show You guys will Flip (literally) !

I call BS on spare time project. When your in this business to make games, and you redirect attention to work on another, it's not spare time.... JPOP does amazing work, and I cant wait to see his final games. So I'm not digging on him.
But spare time...Ha..

#43 4 years ago

I saw him remove the covering from it when it arrived. I said out loud, "what the #$@* is that?!?" Was a beautiful machine.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

I call BS on spare time project. When your in this business to make games, and you redirect attention to work on another, it's not spare time.

He's not allowed a Christmas holiday to work on something with a dying friend? sheesh.

#45 4 years ago

His recent facebook post said his friend just passed on

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 189.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside