Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for maintaining this list!

I posted this in the 1.28 bug topic, but I it looks like it got missed.

Quoted from RobF:

Flashing combo shots are not awarded specifically for the Demon shot. I used to think it was only related to Deuce as that song has the bug of awarding non-lit shots. However I have confirmed that other songs do not give a 2x combo for when the shot is flashing either. I am not sure if this also applies when you have set that shot for the 2x song completion multiplier.

I have yet to confirm in 1.30.

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

I think I found a new bug for 1.30 (at least I never noticed it on 1.28). It is probably a complicated set of circumstances that causes it to show up.

- Basically for one ball, Hotter Than Hell stopped working. In a 2 player game, both players were progressing through Hotter Than Hell. On one of the balls (not exactly sure on the sequence of events), no song targets were lit. The KISS target insert was not flashing to indicate the need to hit a target to light a shot, and there were no shots lit. Also after hitting the KISS target, no shot lit up. I can't remember for sure if the sound, display, lights indicated the target was captured (explosion sounds, shaker, graphics, etc), but I am pretty sure it did. The result was that for that one ball, nothing could be done for the song mode. After the ball drained and moved to the other player, the mode worked as expected for both players for the rest of the game.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Flashing combo shots are not awarded specifically for the Demon shot. I used to think it was only related to Deuce as that song has the bug of awarding non-lit shots. However I have confirmed that other songs do not give a 2x combo for when the shot is flashing either. I am not sure if this also applies when you have set that shot for the 2x song completion multiplier.
I have yet to confirm in 1.30.

This is confirmed to still be in 1.30. You cannot collect flashing combo x2 when the flashing shot is the demon. This is true for all songs that I have tried.

4 months later
#12 6 years ago

With HOF grid complete prior to lighting the Kiss Army multiball, a shot to the scoop only awarded Kiss Army requiring a second scoop shot later in the game to collect HOF. I would expect the single scoop shot to collect all awards currently lit (as it does with extra ball, mystery awards, add a ball, etc), but the game dropped the HOF award. In this case, it makes sense that HOF should start immediately after Kiss Army finished without requiring another scoop shot. And to nitpick further, the order of the awards should have been given in order earned (HOF first followed by Kiss Army).

Of course after KAM, I donked the damn scoop and drained before I get claim HOF. So that stung a little

#13 6 years ago

Yay, two more bugs found.

1) Shooting the Demon with both the end of song multiplier (white insert) lit as well as the bass guitar lit, only counts the multiplier shot. The instrument does not get awarded.

2) If you try to cheat the auto-plunge with a quick soft plunge to collect one of the two "skill shots" available in this game, only the first switch behaves as you would expect. The second switch (the drum side of the orbit) does not award the skill shot as it does during a normal new ball plunge. Minor, but annoying it isn't consistent.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Interesting. It's a tough cheat for sure. Hard to pull off.

Right and when the game cheats you back it is infuriating! I waited to report it until it happened twice and that I was sure the ball hung in the orbit long enough.

1 week later
#16 6 years ago

During multi-ball (LG or Demon, I can't remember) there were two balls left in play. One shot out of the demon head and drained SDTM at the same time that the other ball drained down the right outlane. With the ball save lit (from the Demon ejection), neither ball was returned and the turn was over. Given that 1.30 fixed the demon ball save during multi-ball, it seems like there is at least one scenario where this still does not work correctly.

#23 6 years ago

The skill shot in KISS is certainly subtle, but can be used to good benefit. First, it should dictate which songs to choose before a plunge. Anything with an orbit shot has a chance of getting an first shot for free. Don't pick a song that you can try for a freebie. It is also means that shooting for the lit drums or the catman inserts can be left to a lower priority. If you lose a ball you can stack those awards on any lit orbit song shots and can be grabbed with a skill shot.

Here is a fun trick I figured out; if you happen to drain all three ball early during a MB with the ball save on, gently soft plunge the balls that eject out before the auto launcher kicks them. Do it just so the ball(s) roll up, but not out of the launch lane. You can get all three stacked on the plunger this way. When the launcher kicks them all out, they are sure to slow roll and kick around over the orbit switches for some free jackpots. If on DemonMB, you can sometimes clear all four jackpot shots (2 for each switch).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist?tu=RobF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.