Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66ecfe5064ea87cb88241dc75fad372e (resized).jpg
    Kirk (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Tip of the cap to an actor who played many enjoyable roles over the years. 103 seems like a pretty good run, and I'm sure he saw and did more than most of us will in that time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kirk-douglas-dies-spartacus-670526
    Kirk (resized).jpgKirk (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Truly one of the all time greats. RIP Mr. Douglas.

66ecfe5064ea87cb88241dc75fad372e (resized).jpg66ecfe5064ea87cb88241dc75fad372e (resized).jpg
    #3 4 years ago

Great career, don’t recall (in my time) any scandals or crap like you hear about today’s crowd either. So many amazing acting credits and of course passed on his acting chops to his son!

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Great career, don’t recall (in my time) any scandals or crap like you hear about today’s crowd either. So many amazing acting credits and of course passed on his acting chops to his son!

According to the obits he was (in)famous for hiring blacklisted screenwriters and actors in the late 50s/early 60s, but history caught up with him on that one. He had the benefit of coming up at a time when the press was more willing to turn a blind eye to affairs and the like, so who knows what all he got up to. But he did have that gleam in his eye that makes it hard to believe he was a total saint!

#5 4 years ago

Tough Guys among others.
    Thanks for the many memories!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

don’t recall (in my time) any scandals or crap like you hear about today’s crowd either.

Nothing major, but there was that acusation that he raped Natalie Wood when she was 15.

#7 4 years ago

Sad to hear.

LTG : (

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

he raped Natalie Wood when she was 15

Robert Wagner silenced her.

#9 4 years ago

Goodbye Issur Danielovitch

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Robert Wagner silenced her.

Ouch

#11 4 years ago

Well done sir.

#12 4 years ago

My Nanna lived to 102 so well done Sir!. To put it in perspective he did Tough Guys in 1986 wow!

#13 4 years ago

RIP great actor.

#14 4 years ago

A Personal Hero of Mine from my Youth....RIP....Who could forget this?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kirk-douglas-dead-at-103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.