(Topic ID: 68369)

Kingsport Auction, Nov 2nd, whos going? Whats being brought?

By Tilt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by perryd
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dreamtr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

i don't get why people waste their time at auctions these days unless they are willing to pay the high end. if at least 2 "flippers" are there each would go to their max to assume they can still make money.
    or, if there are at least 2 "buyers" there who are buying to keep (so they will pay more than the flippers)..then an item will go to that limit.
    and most of all, if it doesn't go to what the seller wants, they will do a buy back.
    whats the point?

So you can get a pin you want and you're already there? I mean, if I am already there and can "shop" for a pinball it makes sense, even paying the higher end. Saves having to plan another trip somewhere else to someone's house and move crap out stairs and pay a premium and move plans around for "one" game you have been looking for forever. I mean, you can get deals there from time to time but the uniqueness of the auction is what does it for me. And even with that said some of the prices are still cheaper than what people on pinside tote as a "great" deal! (Example of me selling Monster Bash super nice for $8500, getting yelled at about it, and someone comes in two weeks later with one higher and people are going GREAT DEAL) Illuminati at work here. Rather go to auctions if there are things like that going on.

Also, industry and tax exempt pay $10 on each. $2000 is $2010. Most others pay tax + 10% ($2400 on $2000) So there is another reason to go to auctions if you can avoid all the fees.

#30 10 years ago

White Water was $4250, Spider-Man and Iron Man were both $4750. Fun House went for $2200. Xenon went for $900, Spy Hunter went for $1200. Police Force went for $1150. Shaq Attack went for about $1000 or close to it (maybe $925?) Both Lethal Weapons were around $1200. One Simpsons PP went for $2600 but it was beat. The other was close to $3700. Star Trek Next Gen was $3300 with opto issue.

#33 10 years ago

That Spy Hunter was basically near mint. Condition is always key.

Again, why do people charge $6000 for a AAA title and $12K for the same title? You don't see anyone complaining about that....

Also, buying on Pinside is hit or miss. You still pay shipping, gas, hotel going to someone else as well.

I don't have a problem waiting at the auction. I buy PCBs, arcade games, and pinball. I always am able to make money from buying SOMETHING at the auction regardless of what it is, enough to pay my trip at least or more...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dreamtr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kingsport-auction-nov-2nd-whos-going-whats-being-brought?tu=dreamtr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.