(Topic ID: 68369)

Kingsport Auction, Nov 2nd, whos going? Whats being brought?

By vidgameseller

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by perryd
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Im heading down to the auction this weekend, its a long drive over 600 miles. So if you have any pins your taking, let me know, Im looking to add something else and not sure what, mostly into DMD era, but would like a Kiss Project as well, one thats beat up is fine, plan on doing a playfield swap and restenciling. And if electronics are bad, thats fine to

thanks
    troy

#2 5 years ago

I'll be there, but wasn't planning on taking my AC/DC Premium just for shits & giggles.

If someone wanted to buy or trade for it, though, I'll bring it.

#3 5 years ago

I have a Fish Tales I can bring...$2800

#4 5 years ago

Would love to find Lost in Space down there or nice CSI

Mike

#5 5 years ago

Will there be a MM there? There will at the captains. Now THAT is a first!

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/photo.php?photo=17317210&date=Nov-02&time=13:00

#6 5 years ago

Fatsquatch- how long of a drive is it from us?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Fatsquatch- how long of a drive is it from us?

Something like four hours. It sucks, but I'm being chauffeured by a bud, so it aint so bad for me that way.

If this auction trip is anything like the last one, my old ass will fall asleep on the way back.

#9 5 years ago

I want to go, but I've got to work all day Friday then do a "going out of business" party thingy Friday night, and that doesn't start until 7 and goes to whenever the drunk women stop buying things from me. I even called Mom to see if I could just spend the night at their house and us go up Sat morning, but she's all "Isn't there something closer?!? I have to take care of my dogs, blah blah."

Maybe I could just send the money I don't have up with you, and you can not bring me back a machine that I can't afford anyway.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Maybe I could just send the money I don't have up with you, and you can not bring me back a machine that I can't afford anyway.

Sounds like a good plan!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Something like four hours. It sucks, but I'm being chauffeured by a bud, so it aint so bad for me that way.
    If this auction trip is anything like the last one, my old ass will fall asleep on the way back.

I wish my trip was 4 hours. Ive got 10 hours each way and that is if things go right. I will actually leave soon as i get done taking the kids trick or treating thursday, and wont be home until sunday. I use to be a little more aggresive on my trips, but I try to enjoy them a little more now.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Will there be a MM there? There will at the captains. Now THAT is a first!
    http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/photo.php?photo=17317210&date=Nov-02&time=13:00

Yeah, I'm curious what this will go for or if it will be a buyback. A Star Wars vector will be there as well. Haven't seen one at auction in awhile.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

I wish my trip was 4 hours. Ive got 10 hours each way and that is if things go right. I will actually leave soon as i get done taking the kids trick or treating thursday, and wont be home until sunday. I use to be a little more aggresive on my trips, but I try to enjoy them a little more now.

You're a better man than I!

After every auction, I'm always saying how much a waste of time and money it was, and that I would have been better off staying home.

I just can't see doing 10 hours one way to watch sellers buy back their pins, or see pins go for way too much money after final bid + fees + tax.

(I hope I'm wrong, and that this auction will actually pan out.)

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

You're a better man than I!
    After every auction, I'm always saying how much a waste of time and money it was, and that I would have been better off staying home.
    I just can't see doing 10 hours one way to watch sellers buy back their pins, or see pins go for way too much money after final bid + fees + tax.
    (I hope I'm wrong, and that this auction will actually pan out.)

I dont go just for the auction, I have a meeting with several of the larger operators down there and the meetings are more important than the actual auction. But since many of them from various areas attend the auction, its the best time to meet with them all on the same day instead of several trips to each different one. So it works out for me. I have almost 1k in cost just to make the trip (gass and hotels) so i just hope that i can grab a few piece's to help offset the cost.

#15 5 years ago

id go if i knew there would be a nice congo or lost in space. anyone....

#16 5 years ago

Anybody make it tonight and can share what is already there?

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Anybody make it tonight and can share what is already there?

lethal weapon 3 x 2
    Nba fastbreak
    maverick
    batman forever
    xenon
    ninja turtles
    spy hunter
    comet
    sharkey's shootout
    brekshot
    simpsons pinball party x 2
    harley davidson x 2
    X-Men
    independence day
    ninja turtles
    iron man
    spider man
    shaq attack
    striker extreme
    world cup soccer
    police force

#18 5 years ago

I sold my Avatar LE last auction in Kingsport. I miss it more that I thought I would. I also hated that my nice LE with FF LED backbox sold for the same price as the two Pro models that were there. Go figure you never know about auctions. Look forward to seeing and meeting everyone!

#19 5 years ago

Anyone have a list of prices?

#21 5 years ago

Well, that routed MM fetched $9600 at the Captains auction today, and when you add tax and fees, that takes us back to where we were before the BIG announcement. I don't know if that was a buy back or not, but the next lower bidder was at 95 I believe.

#22 5 years ago

i don't get why people waste their time at auctions these days unless they are willing to pay the high end. if at least 2 "flippers" are there each would go to their max to assume they can still make money.
    or, if there are at least 2 "buyers" there who are buying to keep (so they will pay more than the flippers)..then an item will go to that limit.
    and most of all, if it doesn't go to what the seller wants, they will do a buy back.
    whats the point?

#23 5 years ago

I like going to auctions. Never know what will happen. Plus it is usually a mini reunion of some of the other local coin-op people you don't normally see.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

I like going to auctions. Never know what will happen. Plus it is usually a mini reunion of some of the other local coin-op people you don't normally see.

This stement is very true...

I bought two pins from the auction I went to last week for $50 each. They were very rough but still, lots of parts I needed.

#25 5 years ago

Can somebody please post the results?

#26 5 years ago

Can someone post results. There are a few pins I'm looking at buying and just curious what they went for.

#27 5 years ago

I'll post the few prices I remember:

White Water = $4200
    TMNT = $1900
    Fun House = $2000
    Austin Powers = $1900

I believe that both Iron Man and Spider-Man went for a bit over $4,700 each.

#28 5 years ago

Pretty good price for fun house

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

i don't get why people waste their time at auctions these days unless they are willing to pay the high end. if at least 2 "flippers" are there each would go to their max to assume they can still make money.
    or, if there are at least 2 "buyers" there who are buying to keep (so they will pay more than the flippers)..then an item will go to that limit.
    and most of all, if it doesn't go to what the seller wants, they will do a buy back.
    whats the point?

So you can get a pin you want and you're already there? I mean, if I am already there and can "shop" for a pinball it makes sense, even paying the higher end. Saves having to plan another trip somewhere else to someone's house and move crap out stairs and pay a premium and move plans around for "one" game you have been looking for forever. I mean, you can get deals there from time to time but the uniqueness of the auction is what does it for me. And even with that said some of the prices are still cheaper than what people on pinside tote as a "great" deal! (Example of me selling Monster Bash super nice for $8500, getting yelled at about it, and someone comes in two weeks later with one higher and people are going GREAT DEAL) Illuminati at work here. Rather go to auctions if there are things like that going on.

Also, industry and tax exempt pay $10 on each. $2000 is $2010. Most others pay tax + 10% ($2400 on $2000) So there is another reason to go to auctions if you can avoid all the fees.

#30 5 years ago

White Water was $4250, Spider-Man and Iron Man were both $4750. Fun House went for $2200. Xenon went for $900, Spy Hunter went for $1200. Police Force went for $1150. Shaq Attack went for about $1000 or close to it (maybe $925?) Both Lethal Weapons were around $1200. One Simpsons PP went for $2600 but it was beat. The other was close to $3700. Star Trek Next Gen was $3300 with opto issue.

#31 5 years ago

I love how half of this thread is "screw the auctions," while the other half is "oh oh can you post prices?" LOL

#32 5 years ago

spy hunter for $1200? wow, 2 on cl in MI list cant sell for $600- $700 posting over and over for months...wow.
    i understand auctions can be fun, but still, if you can buy here or other groups for same prices at auction, and usually games here are shopped and working no issues...just odd to pay same price.
    on top of buyers premium fees, taxes...
    you forgot to figure travel cost, hotel stays on top of what you pay at auctions, and most important...opportunity cost for waiting at the auction all day long while they go through the peeon items to get to the real games

#33 5 years ago

That Spy Hunter was basically near mint. Condition is always key.

Again, why do people charge $6000 for a AAA title and $12K for the same title? You don't see anyone complaining about that....

Also, buying on Pinside is hit or miss. You still pay shipping, gas, hotel going to someone else as well.

I don't have a problem waiting at the auction. I buy PCBs, arcade games, and pinball. I always am able to make money from buying SOMETHING at the auction regardless of what it is, enough to pay my trip at least or more...

#34 5 years ago

hmmmm, doesn't seem like any bargains in that lot....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    $ 11.95
    $ 41.00
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 219.99
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 19.95
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 90.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    $ 109.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside