• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin3.JPG
pin2.jpg
#1 10 years ago

What would this machine be worth if I was able to get it working again, right now it just lights up with score displays showing numbers etc, was thinking of buying and fixing it up but need to know how bad this playfield hurts its value...

pin2.jpgpin2.jpg pin3.JPGpin3.JPG
#2 10 years ago

Woah, now that's some wear! Not the funnest game ever in that condition I would be hard pressed to pay more than 300$ IF it was fully working.

#3 10 years ago

Well, the game is a one shot wonder.. If your just shooting for points... VERY boring strategy wise,,,

Not worth a lot for those reasons, if your getting it for free or near free it is probably worth it in parts, boards ETC.

The PF looks womp'd... but it would be a great "ginny PIG" for learning how to do PF touch ups...

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Woah, now that's some wear! Not the funnest game ever in that condition I would be hard pressed to pay more than 300$ IF it was fully working.

300 with a good PF..

#5 10 years ago

I was thinking a good donor machine for selling parts and keeping cabinet to make a virtual pinball

#6 10 years ago

what should i offer, asking is 350

#7 10 years ago

not fully working with a beat PF..100 bucks max

#8 10 years ago

thats what i was thinking, that or saying free or $50 if he just wants it gone

#9 10 years ago

I could get $600 for it if it played correctly and the playfield was greased up with thick wax (even with the blowout).

#10 10 years ago

I'm tempted to learn and flip if i can, even if i can get 400-500 it would be nice

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

300 with a good PF..

yeah, I was only being generous since I live in CA where someone would buy it at that price, but even then you would be listing it a while.

#12 10 years ago

i would say $300 is fair for parts value , displays are $25 each and look good , depends what you need.

#13 10 years ago

No way. I had a VERY NICE, fully working Kings of Steel for sale for $400 and it took me a almost a solid year to sell it for $300. Never again.

#14 10 years ago

Honestly, I'd pass.

It's not worth the hassle of moving it. Gas, etc.

#15 10 years ago

Sounds like a part out and virtual pin

#16 10 years ago

You have the rare playfield, but it is worn pretty bad. Probably about a $400 game.

#17 10 years ago

I'd give $200 for it.

It's not a game anyone wants in a collection, because once you know the trick, you just roll it over and quit.

#18 10 years ago

MPU if good = $80 - $100
Driver if good = $40- $60
Lamp driver = meh nothing
Aux lam = $20
Rectifier board = $30
Sound board = $50
Transformer = $30
Displays = $25 each
All the PF parts have some value.

Parts value is way above $200 as long as the boards are not thrashed.

People make a big deal about the right lane rape, but no one is able to rape my KoS in leauge nights. I think 3 million something has been the high score for a few years. I have mine set tough.

By the way, im hyping up KoS, i plan on selling my nice one with rare PF soon. Oooh ahh

Andrew

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

By the way, im hyping up KoS, i plan on selling my nice one with rare PF soon.

I figured that out right away!

GLWTS

#20 10 years ago

I still have love for the "cheap" section of Bally's history. And I love when I am at someones house and they have a Kings of Steel. I got to play it again a couple of months ago, and had a blast doing it. Even knowing the "trick" of the machine, it is still fun. But I'd never own one unless I traded my other "cheap Bally era" X's & O's for it. These kind of games really need a larger collection around them because they can't really cut it on their own. But when you are in the mood for that kind of game, they can still bring some fun.

For this one OP, obviously the playfield is just blown out on it. And that isn't touchups to fix, that is a repaint, so no matter what it would always be a beater. I'm also not wild about that being a cab for a virtual pin. Doing a VP right takes a bit of money, and that cab would always look cheap as the container. If you are trying to cut costs to the bone and that is the cab you have, fine. But it will always have that look to it. Honestly, I'd offer the $50, and if he didn't want that, pass. It isn't worth the work it would need.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kings-of-steel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.