Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by crujones4life
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181108_010507 (resized).jpg
20181108_010501 (resized).jpg
20181108_010449 (resized).jpg
20181108_010435 (resized).jpg

#1 9 days ago

Hello. Started working on a Gottlieb Kings and Queens tonight. Having an issue with the M relay (10 point relay). Start a game and M relay is at rest (as it should be). Once I accumulate 10 points the M relay pulls in and will not release. Another thing that I noticed is that the 10 point reel won't move when points are scored but will reset just fine (so the coil is good on the reel). If the reel scored then that would actuate a switch on the reel that cuts power to M relay. So maybe the reel not scoring is the ultimate issue? What should I be looking at?

20181108_010435 (resized).jpg20181108_010449 (resized).jpg20181108_010501 (resized).jpg20181108_010507 (resized).jpg
#2 9 days ago

You are on the right track alright. A normally closed switch on the 10 reel will open when coil fires to cut out the M relay. Since your 10 reel resets ok then most likely merely a dirty/overgapped/broken switch on M that drives the 10 reel coil or bad solder/broken wire on that switch. M is locking in ok thru both its own lock in switch + that reel switch, so the latter sounds like it is ok.

#3 8 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Hello. Started working on a Gottlieb Kings and Queens tonight. Having an issue with the M relay (10 point relay). Start a game and M relay is at rest (as it should be). Once I accumulate 10 points the M relay pulls in and will not release. Another thing that I noticed is that the 10 point reel won't move when points are scored but will reset just fine (so the coil is good on the reel). If the reel scored then that would actuate a switch on the reel that cuts power to M relay. So maybe the reel not scoring is the ultimate issue? What should I be looking at?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, was that schematic used as a placemat in the local diner?

#4 8 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Damn, was that schematic used as a placemat in the local diner?

Haha...I know right? Worst I've ever seen. Only had 20 pins though...

#5 8 days ago

It's like someone was scribbling letters from an ancient language on it while they were drunk on a roller coaster.

#6 8 days ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

It's like someone was scribbling letters from an ancient language on it while they were drunk on a roller coaster.

Lol...and thanks it was a switch on M that was dirty/misadjusted. Had same issue with L. It is playing start to finish now (after few other issues were taken care of) so probably clean and rerubber tomorrow then work on getting it 100%. I will report back with any issues. Thanks again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Colleyville, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Champaign, IL
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 37.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside