Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_2892_(resized).JPG
IMG_2893_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

First time this has happened on my K&Q. After playing a few games, I opened the front door and there was a decent spark from the top left of the door near the coin mechanism.
IMG_2892_(resized).JPGIMG_2892_(resized).JPG
Luckily I did not get an actual electrical shock.

I turned it off. Could not see any frayed wires, nothing weird. No fuse blown. I turned it back on (pressing the credit button with a piece of wood ) and with the door open prodded around a bit with the piece of wood. Opened and shut the door a couple of times. No repeat.

Anyone has something similar? I know 120v goes to the door:
IMG_2893_(resized).JPGIMG_2893_(resized).JPG
Which is why I took took Clay's advice and ran an earth connection to the door frame when I replaced the power cable). Is the coin chute switch prone to shorting? Should I simply disconnect all that part anyway (as its set to free play)?

Any and all advice welcome!

thanks

#3 8 years ago

DF,

Yes spark was as I opened the door after I had completed a game (so machine was in Game Over mode)

The fish paper on both look good. Here is picture of coin switch (only one on my machine)
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4 8 years ago

I also checked that neither of the switches (either blade) was shorting to the metal door.

Weird?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kings-and-queens-coin-door-shock?tu=4Max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.