(Topic ID: 153432)

Kingpin Pinball Remake - Who's on board?

By rlpinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PinBertl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you purchase a Kingpin Remake”

• Yes 77 votes
    77%
  • No 23 votes
    23%

(100 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_00002714_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vegemite_nick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Whoever told you that, doesn't know the real story.

So what is the real story? Or it's some super secret?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Pinball Arcade anyone? Was enough of the code finished?

Seems so. It has some bugs, but has modes that pay out, a final kingpin mode that pays out, and a wizard mode that is quite clever. Add to that the Sudden Death mode. I imagine it could do with a bit of tweaking, but it certainly works well as is. Add to that the wonderfully laid out playfield design, it is a special package.

Quoted from vid1900:

What makes Kingpin cool is that it's badassed.
No little kid comic book or dinosaurs of rock theme, just get the Guns, pay off the Cops, murder the chick and do some Crimes!

Exactly!!

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballShawn:

Just recently a new version of this came out for my virtual cab (I know, boo!). Although it's not 'real' is does give one a great idea of game play and rules, etc. I don't know guys, I'm just not into it and I played it about 100 times. I kept trying to find something about it I really liked because I really do like BBB (in the real world), not $20,000 worth but it's a good game. It's funny and unique, good call outs, good artwork, nice playablity, I didn't get the same vibe from KP. It's like, ok, but when things approach 10k it better be damn cool. There is rule that says because something is limited that it will be worth a fortune in the near future. Yeah, if there are 8 of them then I get it, but an actual run may not get the BBB money.

I think it's layout is superior to BBB, and gameplay from what I have been able to tell no less. It's theme is cool, but not as cool as BBB.

As a Capcom guy I would pay reasonable coin, but to a lot of others it might just be another game and that will reflect any pricing you would think.

IPB did have 150+ people of its list from what I heard, so there is some demand around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vegemite_nick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kingpin-pinball-remake-whose-on-board?tu=vegemite_nick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.