(Topic ID: 153432)

Kingpin Pinball Remake - Who's on board?

By rlpinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PinBertl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you purchase a Kingpin Remake”

• Yes 77 votes
    77%
  • No 23 votes
    23%

(100 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_00002714_(resized).jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Heard that KP in on the drawing board, can anyone add anything they might know and if there’s interest in owning a Kingpin remake? Seems more and more of the pinball community is hoping it gets made sooner than later. Whose in?

#2 8 years ago

I was on Gene's pre-order list

#3 8 years ago

This is old news that seems like it will never happen but if they did a remake im in

#4 8 years ago

If this happens and hopefully not for $8000, I am in.
Mike

#5 8 years ago

In

#7 8 years ago

Add a poll to thread

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from rlpinball:

Heard that KP in on the drawing board....

Whoever told you that, doesn't know the real story.

#10 8 years ago

Well considering gene was pricing it at 8-10k when he was taking orders a few years ago... U can sure bet if it was redone it would be around that price... And u can feel bad for the last three people who bought one of the original 8 kingpins for $45-60k each

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

And u can feel bad for the last three people who bought one of the original 8 kingpins for $45-60k each

I wouldn't feel bad for them. They have them, they are originals, and they can get in a lot of plays before any start rolling down an assembly line anywhere.

LTG : )

#12 8 years ago

I was put on Gene's list at least twice for the initial list and then the second list after they lost the first one.

Count me in again.

-c

#13 8 years ago

Poll Added.

Owners of the originals wont be too happy. Its a heck of a loss to take when everyone can buy a new one for 8ish or a used one for less. How could anyone spend 45-60 on just 1 machine - so many good titles out there.

#14 8 years ago

I'm still in on Gene's list.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from rlpinball:

Heard that KP in on the drawing board, can anyone add anything they might know and if there’s interest in owning a Kingpin remake? Seems more and more of the pinball community is hoping it gets made sooner than later. Whose in?

L
O
L

#16 8 years ago

What makes Kingpin cool is that it's badassed.

No little kid comic book or dinosaurs of rock theme, just get the Guns, pay off the Cops, murder the chick and do some Crimes!

#17 8 years ago

It's a fun cool game but gameplay gets old really fast.

I was on genes list but I wouldn't sign up again.

#18 8 years ago

Count me in as well.

I'd say if a remake were done to make sure the originals were archived in such a way that the remakes were finished differently. Maybe the translight or cab artwork could be redesigned. Just a thought as I'm all about preserving the originals as the LE version.

#19 8 years ago

You will know the remakes because of the tiny CPU board and the permanent LED lighting.

#20 8 years ago

Kingpin, Pinball Circus and any new pinball 2k games are high on my "want List"

#21 8 years ago

Changing the cabinet artwork would be a deal breaker for me.

#22 8 years ago

i just bought the gottlieb version .. thats all i need

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

i just bought the gottlieb version .. thats all i need

Pictures?

#24 8 years ago

It's the only remake I'd consider.

Count me in!

#25 8 years ago

Probably......providing I ever receive my MMr.

#26 8 years ago

I was on the original list of Gene's so would be keen. And Nick proved that the code could be cracked so if anything be remade it should be this game and Stern could do King Kong.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-big-city-kid

#27 8 years ago

I don't buy any game I haven't played first

#28 8 years ago

Kingpin is feeding interest because of its rarity, not because it's a great and deep game IMHO. BBB is a much better game !

#30 8 years ago

If it ever happens, I will still buy one.

#31 8 years ago

Fuck yeah,i'm in!This and Pinball Circus!

#32 8 years ago

Pinball Arcade anyone? Was enough of the code finished?

#33 8 years ago

Where is the "I wish I could" option in the Poll?
Because that's a game I am very interested in... but can't afford. Except if priced aggressively, which I doubt.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Kingpin is feeding interest because of its rarity, not because it's a great and deep game IMHO. BBB is a much better game !

And it is only worth major dollars because of its looks and rarity. PM is a much better game!

#35 8 years ago

If they did remake it, I hope they could somehow replicate the Capcom CPU chip because they are a real rarity these days!

#36 8 years ago

pps could contract out spooky to build a small run

#37 8 years ago

It's a very fun game with awesome art and sound. The dots are so good. I was on Gene's list. Depending on price, I'd be interested.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I was on Gene's pre-order list

+1

#40 8 years ago

I think it all got started when PPS stole the rights from IPB for Capcom Pinball.

PPS also bought a BBB for themselves, so one can assume they are doing the math.

#41 8 years ago

Love those Gottlieb wedgeheads. I'm in for it.

#42 8 years ago

If someone can build a whitewood solo-why cant Stern crank these out for PPS? I don't believe any machine worth over 40k will be left alone to be a rare commodity. I'm sure the key players always have it in the back of their minds and have something already sketched out. I've heard that they want to do it. Question is; how soon?

#43 8 years ago

How to be in this list? Is it a official list?
I would like to be in!

#44 8 years ago

I'm in.
Cash on delivery.

#45 8 years ago

I just got off the phone with gene he has no plans to remake this pin

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I just got off the phone with gene he has no plans to remake this pin

I don't think people are hoping for Gene on this one. Since Illinois Pin Ball assets were sold quite some time back. They are probably hoping the company that bought the assets goes forward with the game someday.

LTG : )

#47 8 years ago

I don't care who makes it,just get it done for a reasonable price!
Mike

#48 8 years ago

I would think KP would be the next remake to hit the line, as it is more financially viable than AFM, which wouldn't hit 8 grand

This or MB. But KP may generate more excitement. I played Mike's years ago, was awesome fun.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Whoever told you that, doesn't know the real story.

So what is the real story? Or it's some super secret?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Pinball Arcade anyone? Was enough of the code finished?

Seems so. It has some bugs, but has modes that pay out, a final kingpin mode that pays out, and a wizard mode that is quite clever. Add to that the Sudden Death mode. I imagine it could do with a bit of tweaking, but it certainly works well as is. Add to that the wonderfully laid out playfield design, it is a special package.

Quoted from vid1900:

What makes Kingpin cool is that it's badassed.
No little kid comic book or dinosaurs of rock theme, just get the Guns, pay off the Cops, murder the chick and do some Crimes!

Exactly!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kingpin-pinball-remake-whose-on-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.