You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0028.JPG
#1 12 years ago

anyone have more info on this machine? heard they are going to be making some more possibly?

#2 12 years ago

KINGPIN like Woody Harrelson?

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

anyone have more info on this machine? heard they are going to be making some more possibly?

A few weeks back someone on RGP claimed Gene will be signing papers with an engineer to redesign the PCBs necessary to produce Capcom KingPin (what's been holding up the project thus far)...so apparently, the repro will now finally be produced by IPB.

Price has been oscillating, was once $7,000 IIRC (or maybe it was $7,500); anyway, rumor is now it's back up to $8,000:

http://www.bbbstuff.com/Kingpin_Info/kingpin_info.html

Space is apparently available if you want on board.

#4 12 years ago

I have played one in a private collection near me. It's a 20's gangsster theme. There are very few of them out there, and the software is incomplete. It was way more fun than BBB.

I know that there was some talk a couple years back of it possibly being reproduced in limited numbers, and they even came and took detailed photos and measurements of this machine. Haven't heard anything on that front lately, though.

#5 12 years ago

I don't know about the remake, but a buddy of mine has an original, if you have questions about the game. Also, if you want to try before you buy, he brings it to California Extreme every year.

#6 12 years ago

Wow i totally went the wrong way with that.

#7 12 years ago

I'd love to play one. At Expo, LTG said it was his all time favorite game.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It was way more fun than BBB.

I would say it was a "close" second to BBB's awesome flow.
If the rumor is true and Gene is gearing up- 2012 will be an interesting year for many a collector that has just enough $$$ for one NIB purchase...
Sadly,
There are just not enough people who have had much time on either machine to make it a "must-have" for that ($8K) price point...
$6500 was much more manageable- AND more realistic.

#9 12 years ago

I would and will buy Kingpin at $8000, over Transformers or WOZ. And I am a Transformers collector. Kingpin is awesome.

#10 12 years ago

Kingpin is awesome.

I agree 'Kingpin' IS awesome gambit...
I wasn't comparing it to a TF A or D edition, just hoping that the prices would have stayed reasonable.
Good luck with scoring one next year, I sure hope the rumor is true...
Playing one "shiny" new will be an amazing feeling!
Like the rest, I have played it a dozen or so times at the NPM and CAX.
Here is the NPM's sketches of it as well as one of the proto-machines...

IMG_0028.JPGIMG_0028.JPG IMG_0027.jpgIMG_0027.jpg IMG_0029.jpgIMG_0029.jpg

#11 12 years ago

I would love to one day play one of these. If they reproduce PCBs and other parts imagine how much help that would provide for other Capcom games as well.

#12 12 years ago

I'd strongly consider buying for 6500 but 8000 is kinda steep. Steep for me, not steep for what it is.

#13 12 years ago

Just got off the phone with Gene. Price point is indeed $8000 now. He is hoping to start collecting deposit money in 8-10 weeks. Half due upon production start. First paid-in-full gets first machine completed. BBB buyers get the discount. The original engineer is still hard at work working out the bugs.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I would and will buy Kingpin at $8000, over Transformers or WOZ. And I am a Transformers collector. Kingpin is awesome.

+1 I agree with you. Kingpin over WOZ and TF any day.

#15 12 years ago

Watched the gameplay video again and seems fun but not sure $8000 fun. I like the idea of it being rare and finally buying a nib pinball. I have Gene's number laying on my desk and trying to decide...do I call and get my name on the list and save up for it or do I chase after a CC or MB?

#16 12 years ago

I think the National Pinball Museum in DC has one to play (and a BBB).

#17 12 years ago

how long is the expected build time usually on these runs like this?

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Allegro:

I think the National Pinball Museum in DC has one to play (and a BBB).

That's in Baltimore now boss, is that open yet? It's on my list of vacation destinations in my life. Can hit up Clipper city, Dogfish Head, Brewers Art, and Flying dog breweries while I'm over there.

#19 12 years ago

I played this game at CAX and it was disappointing. It was set up very poorly—which of course doesn't help—and it was playing so easy that I actually let my last couple of balls drain because I felt I was wasting time on it. I'm sure a NIB game would play and feel a lot better but for 8k, I don't think this game has a quality of play commensurate with the price. I would expect WOZ to be MUCH better value and frankly, even the latest NIB Sterns are more interesting to me in terms of shots/rules then what I experienced with Kingpin. I didn't even think it looked all that great. Of course YMMV... just MHO.

#20 12 years ago

Of course, we're all going to look like fools if a year after they come out they are selling for 20k!

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Of course, we're all going to look like fools if a year after they come out they are selling for 20k!

Well, yeah. I guess I wasn't thinking of the investing possibilities. Maybe I'll buy 125, destroy all but one and then sell it for 1 MILLION DOLLARS.

#22 12 years ago

I never played the game but think the art work is awesome. GTA meets pinball.

#23 12 years ago

I would never recommend that someone purchase a pinball machine as an investment, but if these actually get made, I just don't see them going down in value any time soon.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Watched the gameplay video again and seems fun but not sure $8000 fun. I like the idea of it being rare and finally buying a nib pinball. I have Gene's number laying on my desk and trying to decide...do I call and get my name on the list and save up for it or do I chase after a CC or MB?

I am actually having this exact struggle right now, too. I really want to put my name on that list, and be the owner of one out of maybe 175 of these machines that will ever be built. But I can't deny that $8000 has me thinking how much I would also like to add a MB or MM to the collection, instead.

#25 12 years ago

I like it, but $8,000 does seem unusually steep compared to the initial pricing of a WOZ ($6,500 with a ton of toys, PDI glass, shaker, topper, LCD, 5 flipppers, widebody, etc) or to a TRON LE (early pre-orders paid approximately $5,600 shipped IIRC).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kingpin-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.