Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-470.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Kingpin, opinions?

I got to play and actually beat the final boss on the game while it
was as the National Pinball Museum (1st location) r.i.p...
It's a fun game and quite a looker,
reviews of this game?

#2 8 years ago

Kingpin would be a fine game in the normal price range of games. It would have people that love it, and people that were left cold by it. In. Other words, it would be average and normal. But the game comes with an eye popping price tag. And it's hard for any game to live up to that. If you can toss 40k into a game and not notice or care, go for it. But that's a pretty big line of better games.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Kingpin would be a fine game in the normal price range of games. It would have people that love it, and people that were left cold by it. In. Other words, it would be average and normal. But the game comes with an eye popping price tag. And it's hard for any game to live up to that. If you can toss 40k into a game and not notice or care, go for it. But that's a pretty big line of better games.

Agreed.
I've yet to play, but I've heard from too many reliable sources regarding how good Kingpin is.
But when you could have: LOTR, TRON LE. Kiss Premium, Metallica PRO, A clearcoated or CPR Fathom, and still have around $10,000 to spend...how do you justify it?

#4 8 years ago

Try $65k, $40k was the price 5 yeas ago. Just keep your fingers crossed that Planetary Pinball remakes it.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Kingpin, opinions?

My Favorite. Great Mark Ritchie pin. A lot of fun.

LTG : )™

#6 8 years ago

Cool but the code can use some work. The modes are to much the same with hit the same shot to start and end each mode??

#7 8 years ago

Awesome pin! I found it next to a BBB at CAX a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed both pins.

#8 8 years ago

If Planetary Pinball did a run of these I would be in immediately. Fantastic pin and theme. Dots and sound package are great too.

#9 8 years ago

I played it at pinagogo last year aussom pin

#10 8 years ago

Top notch dots...i would buy a remake..

#11 8 years ago

Cool game...I like the flaps that flutter when the ball goes over them. Cool ideas, fun game.

#12 8 years ago

Cabinet artwork has merit and the playfield design is exceptional. Don't know if code was fully done, but there is great strength in this pin to be a winner. Hope for a remake soon.

#13 8 years ago

Enjoyed it at PAGG in 2014. Hope it makes a cameo again this year! Great pin.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Top notch dots...i would buy a remake..

+1
Very fun game!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Try $65k, $40k was the price 5 yeas ago. Just keep your fingers crossed that Planetary Pinball remakes it.

That's insane. But not surprised. Old rare Ferraris sell for $7 million. A remake would devestste that price but ruin the fun at the same time. I really hope some games like King Kong and Kingpin stay rare and coveted. Makes this hobby much more fun to have grails and "someday" pins for collectors.

#16 8 years ago

Kingpin has top notch theme, sound and dots. IMO Capcom's best game. I will buy one if remade.

#17 8 years ago

And here was I thinking of the Gottlieb Kingpin machine from the 70s!!

#18 8 years ago

I played kingpin and Big Bang bar at a buddies house a few years back. I didn't care for kingpin... Big Bang bar though, man I want one!

#19 8 years ago

I like Kingpin, but it's hard to tell how much of that is from it being "new" and rare. I suspect that if I actually owned it, instead of getting to play it at a friend's house that it might not hold up quite as well.

But if given a choice between that and BBB I'd rather see Kingpin. If nothing else it was never done, at least there are a couple hundred BBB out there.

#20 8 years ago

Friends playing it the day after I brought it home from the pinball museum in Baltimore...sold it a year or two ago.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#21 8 years ago

BBB is pretty to look at but its not very fun IMO. I have probably only put 50 or so games on one and its a solid 6 on the 10 scale.

Kingpin however is awesome! The end feature where your flippers get weaker and weaker until you "die" is awesome. I think the code could use a little work but I would definitely buy one if give the chance (for a reasonable sum not more than a used Ferrari...)

#22 8 years ago

The lack of completed code is the main problem.

#23 8 years ago

Kingpin is a very fun game, I played it at PAGG last year. If I stumbled across one (hah) and had to chose keeping it or selling it? Sorry, I would rather drive away in two DeLoreans than own a Kingpin.

#24 8 years ago

Best movie ever.

#25 8 years ago

Kingpin is for mobsters

#26 8 years ago

I must have put $20 or so into it at the Pinball Museum in DC a few years ago. I loved it. The prices for the protos are astronomical though. If its remade I will be in line for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kingpin-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.