You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

clint make my day_thumb[2].jpg
kingpin.jpg
image-20.jpg
image-50.jpg
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Save Tens of thousands and get a more rare Gottlieb
ebay.com link » Mousin Around Pinball Game Gottlieb Awesome Condition

Ha! They must have fixed the title. Good catch.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Kingpin is a better playing game then bbb... Not enough people have played it to know but those who have seem to agree

I agree. Lorenzo and I both played a pristine KP at Mikes awhile back.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I agree. Lorenzo and I both played a pristine KP at Mikes awhile back.

And I played this one on eBay!

#104 9 years ago

PPS KINGPINr for a mere $60K looking like a steal!

#105 9 years ago

I think the price is insane, but it's all a matter of perspective. Plenty of other collectibles get sold for this kind of money and have not one bit of entertainment functionality.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Ricksplosion

And thus a new term is born.

#107 9 years ago

This guy once owned it from his winnings.

kingpin.jpgkingpin.jpg
#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This guy once owned it from his winnings.

kingpin.jpg 62 KB

The face of a Ricksplosion victim.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Very interesting that there have been multiple Kingpins for sale in the past month. Not sure if that signals anything, but would say it at least signals that the 8 people who do own one are a little nervous about the possibility of a remake. And, honestly, I can't blame them. Talking about people with $15,000 MMs upset they now have to sell for $7-10k. A drop from $60,000 to $10k or less would royally suck, even for someone with a good deal of money.

Which is EXACTLY why pinball is not (or should not be) an investment. You never know what will happen. These are games, TOYS if you will. Nothing more unless you're an operator.

Chris

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Actually at CAX (California Extreme 99' & another in the early 2000's) there were two together!
I'd love to find pics

Yep....and a BBB a couple pins down. I played both machines several times and was shocked to find no one else on them! Really enjoyed Kingpin, but couldn't hear the call outs because of the other pins.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Actually very fun. I wouldn't mind a remake at $6500, but not $8 grand fun.
Certainly not $80 grand fun. My wife isn't $80 grand fun.
I liked it better than BBB, but that was strictly my personal preference only.
I love the chick on the head side art. She's stacked and packing. Very sexy.

I think Stan Fukuoka sells T-Shirts with her on it for a LOT less!

#112 9 years ago

Played Kingpin several times at the NPM in Baltimore. They had it in their "Capcom section" along with BBB and BS. Love the theme and layout. The weakening flipper feature was very cool. Actually enjoyed this more than BBB, although BBB is very pleasing to the eye and has it's own cool features.

Overall great game. $80k great?, not so sure.

#113 9 years ago

I never get sick of laughing about the shipping stuff on really high priced stuff. Just saying if you pay me $80,000 I will drive it across the country to make the delivery.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Played Kingpin several times at the NPM in Baltimore. They had it in their "Capcom section" along with BBB and BS. Love the theme and layout. The weakening flipper feature was very cool. Actually enjoyed this more than BBB, although BBB is very pleasing to the eye and has it's own cool features.
Overall great game. $80k great?, not so sure.

This is the game u played then that's up on eBay . I bought it from the museum owner. It's changed hands a few times since.. Great game

#115 9 years ago

Personally I found it a bit unfinished and shallow. I imagine it would have gotten better before production.

Considering the quality of games Capcom had in the pipeline, imagine what they'd have done if they hadn't done Flipper Football and then died? Sigh.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Considering the quality of games Capcom had in the pipeline, imagine what they'd have done if they hadn't done Flipper Football and then died? Sigh.

Lost more money. There was a reason that division was shut down way early.

LTG : )™

#117 9 years ago

Something like $30-$40k might be, haha, *reasonable* but even then, imagine if you dropped that kind of coin and a remake was announced?

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

but even then, imagine if you dropped that kind of coin and a remake was announced?

There will always be a market for an original. It may not appreciate at the current rate. But someone will want it.

Not to mention if you had that kind of money for toys, you likely aren't worried if you take a hit on one.
You still have it to play and enjoy.

LTG : )

#119 9 years ago

Come on, someone drop in on this and put this bitch on route.

#120 9 years ago

I would love to see someone buy this machine, offer an additional 20k to the seller just because, and then have the new owner pull-off this antic.

I would vote that person as the only individual in the world with genuine cojones of steel!!

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Come on, someone drop in on this and put this bitch on route.

If I had the money it would be here.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Why did you sell the one you had?

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from Kugelhagelfisch:

Lol, see above..

#125 9 years ago

I only owned a part of it, and it was sold before I knew it. Long story and no one looks good in it, me included.

At the time I had it and BBB, Pinball Circus was here in spring of 2006, we were working on if it could be brought to shows and stuff too.

Some things work out, some don't. At the time I wanted to try and be sure the public had access to rare games before they disappear in private collections.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I only owned a part of it, and it was sold before I knew it. Long story and no one looks good in it, me included.
At the time I had it and BBB, Pinball Circus was here in spring of 2006, we were working on if it could be brought to shows and stuff too.
Some things work out, some don't. At the time I wanted to try and be sure the public had access to rare games before they disappear in private collections.

So you bought it with someone together and he sold it? Or was it for a company?
Looking at Pinball Circus and seeing there were only two made, how does one get something that rare?

And while it's ask LTG time: Do you copy and paste that ™ everytime you post something here?

#127 9 years ago

So you bought it with someone together and he sold it? Or was it for a company?

I don't really need to open old wounds.

Looking at Pinball Circus and seeing there were only two made, how does one get something that rare?

You call up Steve Kordek and ask to borrow it.

And while it's ask LTG time: Do you copy and paste that ™ everytime you post something here?

No.

LTG : ) ©

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I never get sick of laughing about the shipping stuff on really high priced stuff. Just saying if you pay me $80,000 I will drive it across the country to make the delivery.

Indeed. For 80K. I'll sell you my whole collection and hand deliver them as well. 80 is a damn joke for any 1 machine. Even Pinball Circus (1 of 2) isn't wroth 80k, and that game is way cooler than Kingpin.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Indeed. For 80K. I'll sell you my whole collection and hand deliver them as well. 80 is a damn joke for any 1 machine. Even Pinball Circus (1 of 2) isn't wroth 80k, and that game is way cooler than Kingpin.

Funny, I once asked Tim Arnold what he'd sell his pinball circus for?

He added up all the Salvation Army debt and then said "8 million give or take"

#130 9 years ago

That's because Tim has lots of money. Much harder to pull something someone doesn't want to sell away from someone who already has lots of cash. Just have to find something he wants more.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

He added up all the Salvation Army debt and then said "8 million give or take"

He had a post on Facebook that said if you made up the 8 million for the Salvation Army he'd give you a NIB MM and Pinball Circus.

Disclaimer : I did buy a lottery ticket that week. Didn't work out like I hoped.

#132 9 years ago

Want to make him an offer for a Shaq attack, Waterworld, Popeye plus cash. How much cash do you think I should offer?

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

How much cash do you think I should offer?

I know of one KP owner that was offered a DM and $1K. ( when they were going for $30K ).

#134 9 years ago

Keep in mind that since this is a pinball machine the seller would lose about 15% in eBay and PayPal fees. So he's down to $68,000 then.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't really need to open old wounds.

You call up Steve Kordek and ask to borrow it.

No.
LTG : ) ©

Don't forget the more appropriate ®

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Don't forget the more appropriate ®

You are right my good sir.

LTG : )®

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from dmklunk:

Keep in mind that since this is a pinball machine the seller would lose about 15% in eBay and PayPal fees. So he's down to $68,000 then.

Negative.

Assuming he gets his buy-it-now price of 80k it would break down like this.

eBay Final Value Fees = $250 (they cap out at this)
Paypal Fees (2.9%) = $2400
-----------------------------------------
Take Home = ~$77,350 +/-

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There will always be a market for an original.

Tell that to the people who are trying to sell $18K MM games now.

One thing the community/pricing has dictated is that for the most part people are buying games in this hobby to play. As games get re-made, prices of originals normalize to the re-make price, if not slightly lower. Yes, "someone will want it" but the price will be around what the remake is.

Quoted from LTG:

Not to mention if you had that kind of money for toys, you likely aren't worried if you take a hit on one.

I don't agree. I think the kind of person who has $80K in surplus cash is the kind of shrewd individual who cares VERY MUCH about money and didn't get that rich by making bad deals. This is anecdotal, but I know plenty of people who are rather wealthy who would make a big deal if they were being overcharged at Starbucks for their latte.

A lot of people argue 'the original is so important'... but the BBB did not bear that out. They got remade and is anyone paying more for the Capcom original production model vs the remakes? Also if you're the kind of person collecting uber-rare pinball machines *just because they're rare* doesn't that mean you would NOT want Kingpin after there are 3,000 of them? What's the point, its no longer rare, the 'brand' has been diluted and you no longer get cool points with your friends.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

But there is 4400 MMs as opposed to maybe 6 or 8 Kingpins.

With no remake in sight of Kingpin.

I think they already know and don't need to be told.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

One thing the community/pricing has dictated is that for the most part people are buying games in this hobby to play. As games get re-made, prices of originals normalize to the re-make price, if not slightly lower. Yes, "someone will want it" but the price will be around what the remake is.

I don't agree. I think the kind of person who has $80K in surplus cash is the kind of shrewd individual who cares VERY MUCH about money and didn't get that rich by making bad deals. This is anecdotal, but I know plenty of people who are rather wealthy who would make a big deal if they were being overcharged at Starbucks for their latte.
A lot of people argue 'the original is so important'... but the BBB did not bear that out. They got remade and is anyone paying more for the Capcom original production model vs the remakes? Also if you're the kind of person collecting uber-rare pinball machines *just because they're rare* doesn't that mean you would NOT want Kingpin after there are 3,000 of them? What's the point, its no longer rare, the 'brand' has been diluted and you no longer get cool points with your friends.

Yes, few years ago our local bbb owner of a original got thousands more then the remakes that are out there and for sale. Some people want original and will pay. There's a ass for every seat.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Yes, few years ago our local bbb owner of a original got thousands more then the remakes that are out there and for sale. Some people want original and will pay. There's a ass for every seat.

Is there an ass for every seat? So the guy you sold Kingpin to for around $60k, how many guys like him are in the hobby? Are there new guys with that kind of scratch getting into the hobby all the time? Once this guy sells for $60K, how likely is he still to be a buyer at $80k? Once you've had the game, and then move on, you're probably not going to get the game again, especially paying 25% more for it.

With the stock market, and then the housing market, eventually there wasn't a greater fool. You just run out of asses that can pay for the seats at those prices.

#142 9 years ago

Don't forget that the $80K includes the exorbitant Ebay and Paypal fees.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Is there an ass for every seat? So the guy you sold Kingpin to for around $60k, how many guys like him are in the hobby? Are there new guys with that kind of scratch getting into the hobby all the time? Once this guy sells for $60K, how likely is he still to be a buyer at $80k? Once you've had the game, and then move on, you're probably not going to get the game again, especially paying 25% more for it.
With the stock market, and then the housing market, eventually there wasn't a greater fool. You just run out of asses that can pay for the seats at those prices.

The guy I sold it to sold it to the guy who's selling it now... So there's guys out there. Just cause were not in the 10% of this hobby that can afford that kind of money doesn't mean they are not out there

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from nobitingmyarm:

Don't forget that the $80K includes the exorbitant Ebay and Paypal fees.

Duly noted.

#145 9 years ago

If you owned a game like this, wouldn't you have it inside a climate controlled house with plenty of space around it and not just in the middle of a garage?

#146 9 years ago

Yup, unless u just picked it up for someone. Drove 6hrs to get it and got home in the middle of the night. Then wait for said owner to tell his wife about it a few days later so it could be place in the house with the other said collection games

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

A lot of people argue 'the original is so important'... but the BBB did not bear that out. They got remade and is anyone paying more for the Capcom original production model vs the remakes?

That is inaccurate. Original Capcom BBB go for double or more than IPB BBB.

Original Capcom BBB - $40,000 , IPB BBB $20,000 , roughly of course. There are 8(?) originals vs around 200 IPB.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Original Capcom BBB - $40,000 , IPB BBB $20,000 , roughly of course. There are 8(?) originals vs around 200 IPB.

What he said

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Original Capcom BBB - $40,000

If that's the case, they all must have been private sales by hearsay.

Original BBBs never went for that much pre or post PMI production.

The last original BBB on eBay only sold for $25K.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

If that's the case, they all must have been private sales by hearsay.
Original BBBs never went for that much pre or post PMI production.
The last original BBB on eBay only sold for $25K.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...you mean TeeKee is wrong? The IPB BBBs are remakes, not originals?? Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kingpin-on-ebay8000000/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.