You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

clint make my day_thumb[2].jpg
kingpin.jpg
image-20.jpg
image-50.jpg
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure this Kingpin originally came from the same guy that had the King Kong. The original price to buy the Kong outright was $12,000, until wind of it got around.

So in short, the Kingpin was bought for a kong like price, flipped and now it's trying to flip again. It'd be better in a circus.

#52 9 years ago

I wish I was closer... shipping kills the deal for me.

#53 9 years ago

You can get that pin all day long for 70000 why milk it

#54 9 years ago

An exact custom reproduction of KingPin would cost way less I guess...

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought that sale didn't pan out and it went back up and sold in the mid teens or something?
I'm not a fan of Kingpin, though I've never played it. Not a good looking game in my view. How is the code?

That's exactly what happened. I bought it and sent it to Chris Hutchins for restoration.

#56 9 years ago

I'd love to get a chance to play one. I love the gangster theme. I think most of them are out in California or west coast though, never see them around on the east coast much, especially southeast.

#57 9 years ago

That would get me 88 $900 machines...

#58 9 years ago

PPs Rick should be the most logical person to buy this. Then he does not have to ask any other owners to borrow their games to produce a possible remake.

#59 9 years ago

I played the one at the Pinball Museum in DC. Very cool layout, sounds and game play. Great artwork by Stan also.

Mike

#60 9 years ago

80.000?

I wonder how much my Sega Mini viper is worth

Only one ever made

#61 9 years ago

Someone left him a negative feedback last year, I'm out

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I played the one at the Pinball Museum in DC. Very cool layout, sounds and game play. Great artwork by Stan also.
Mike

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I'm pretty sure this Kingpin originally came from the same guy that had the King Kong. The original price to buy the Kong outright was $12,000, until wind of it got around.
So in short, the Kingpin was bought for a kong like price, flipped and now it's trying to flip again. It'd be better in a circus.

This is the game I purchased from the pinball museum for a friend, It was sold to another person on the east coast this past year, and he sold it to its current owner who has it up on eBay. Confirmed!

#63 9 years ago

Maybe, it is a clerical error? Gene said they were $8,000 when he was remaking...

#64 9 years ago

Now all you need is a buyer!

#65 9 years ago

If one could buy this , play for six months, then sell for same money or better...I mean damn that could work right? The ONLY risk is Rick at PPS. Or could someone else do it as well? I mean 80 sounds high, I thought they were 40k tops. But say you could buy and sell for 40k, the only risk, barring Ricksplosion, is catastrophic loss. Right?

#66 9 years ago

They list these purposely at outrageously high prices so that exactly what is happening here will draw more attention to it / more views per hr.

#67 9 years ago

looks like earning an honest living is a thing of the past. why work when you can just flip things for clown-like prices to the next sucker?

#68 9 years ago

54 watchers... just a matter of time before someone pulls the trigger

#69 9 years ago

Put the pipe down ebayers

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Again, no topper.
LTG : )™

Do you have any pictures of this King Pin topper?.... Curious what it looks like.

Steve

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

looks like earning an honest living is a thing of the past. why work when you can just flip things for clown-like prices to the next sucker?

But would the next buyer REALLY be a sucker??

I mean, let's say Rick never remakes these and there remain only 8 in existence. Over time with inflation and the extremely rare collectibility factor, who is to say a nice Kingpin wouldn't be worth double / tripple / etc down the road?

If someone were to purchase for 80k, enjoy it for 5-10 years and then sell it for 100k+ are they still a sucker?

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Do you have any pictures of this King Pin topper?.... Curious what it looks like.

Steve

I'm sorry I don't. Saw it years ago on Robert Winter's Kingpin forum.

I had the machine gun look from the translite, and had a row of lights and numbers that flashed from left to right across it.

LTG : )™

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I mean, let's say Rick never remakes these and there remain only 8 in existence. Over time with inflation and the extremely rare collectibility factor, who is to say a nice Kingpin wouldn't be worth double / tripple / etc down the road?
If someone were to purchase for 80k, enjoy it for 5-10 years and then sell it for 100k+ are they still a sucker?

5-10 years? So far the last three owners had it less then a year and a half each...and it's gone up each time!

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

5-10 years? So far the last three owners had it less then a year and a half each...and it's gone up each time!

We don't know if it went up this time at all; would be good to know what the eventually sale's price is.

#75 9 years ago

Wonder what BBB and Kingpin would be worth - had Capcom ran 2,000 of each and remained in business.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

80k is already over inflated. Buying any pin for more than NIB has its risks at this point.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Wonder what BBB and Kingpin would be worth - had Capcom ran 2,000 of each and remained in business.

BBB might very well still get a good price but Kingpin I can't see costing more than a Black Rose or Whirlwind. It's very gray.

#78 9 years ago

Kingpin is a better playing game then bbb... Not enough people have played it to know but those who have seem to agree

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

54 watchers... just a matter of time before someone pulls the trigger

All watching to see how much it goes for when someone else buys it.

#80 9 years ago

$80,000, could build a really nice arcade attached to my house and fill it with a life time supply of pins.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

he would still be a sucker. inflation doesn't effect collectables. You would be hard pressed to move this at 80k without taking a 40k loss. Before BBB was remade, offers for one of the original 11 ranged from $15k-35k. Even at 35k, you will be sitting for awhile. I wouldn't want to be stuck into it for more than 20k at this point. If the release does happen, you still can recoup since it is one of the originals.

#82 9 years ago

One of the photos shows 2 Trons in the background... can only wonder whats under the blankets, probably more Kingpins

#83 9 years ago

realist it at $40k so that we can add Kingpin to the best-bang-for-buck list...

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I'd say they were lucky if they risked $80K on a pinball machine and made $20K.

Enjoying a pinball machine for 5 years while tying up $80,000 and risking tens of thousands of dollars in a resale is still kind of a sucker move I think.

There was a time when people thought MM was absolutely worth $15K because the game was just that good. The game didn't get any "less good" since the remake was announced but somehow it ain't worth it anymore.

You can pretend the game is more fun, but in the end, we're just nerds who believe a rare pinball machine is worth $80K due to the status.

The market that covets this rare machine is too small (and getting older) to expect that the value of Kingpin will appreciate forever.

#85 9 years ago

Fellas, let's just face it. Anybody who will spend 80k on a comodotity such as a pinball machine isn't concerned about recouping their money. It's purely just for bragging rights!

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

he would still be a sucker. inflation doesn't effect collectables. You would be hard pressed to move this at 80k without taking a 40k loss. Before BBB was remade, offers for one of the original 11 ranged from $15k-35k. Even at 35k, you will be sitting for awhile. I wouldn't want to be stuck into it for more than 20k at this point. If the release does happen, you still can recoup since it is one of the originals.

I don't think you have a firm grasp on what inflation means.

Think buying power. Yesterday's dollar is worth less today.

So, if the original BBB were $15-35k, say 20 years ago, today that same amount would be $24k-$56k.

The value of the games didn't "go" up. Inflation did.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Kingpin was wrapped up for two weeks in that garage while I was selling games.

If the garage had been in Texas the game would have been stolen.
They like 'em wrapped up to go and left in a garage.

And while I liked Kingpin a lot when I played it years ago, I liked BBB even more.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Kingpin is a better playing game then bbb... Not enough people have played it to know but those who have seem to agree

That was my consensus too. Although BBB looks better.

#89 9 years ago

This King Pin sold for under $500 a few months ago-

ebay.com link: Williams 1962 King Pin pinball machine

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how do you know you can't? when have you seen 2 of them side by side?

I played two side by side - one with regular 3-ball and the other timed software. CAX about 14 years ago.

No linkup!

#91 9 years ago

I wonder if he'd take $79,999? I'd buy 2 at that price.

#92 9 years ago

Anyone paying 80k for the thing is a damn fool. Period.

#93 9 years ago

The title of this thread should be "Kingshit on Ebay... Worth dick..."

GAWD!!!!

#94 9 years ago

Kingpin is pretty decent, awesome dots (like all Capcoms) but come on - in no way shape or form worth $80k!

You could buy 30 Who Dunnits? with a working 3 reel slot for that kind of money!

#96 9 years ago

CRAZY.... I wonder how the seller came up with $80,000? Hmm, I think I'll sell my Kingpin, I want $80 grand? Damn, if this sells, every one of my collection just increased in value. I might print out a copy of this sale to have on file just in case one of my machines "disappears" from my garage while I'm moving. I could try to throw this out as a "comp" for the adjuster

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

CRAZY.... I wonder how the seller came up with $80,000? Hmm, I think I'll sell my Kingpin, I want $80 grand? Damn, if this sells, every one of my collection just increased in value. I might print out a copy of this sale to have on file just in case one of my machines "disappears" from my garage while I'm moving. I could try to throw this out as a "comp" for the adjuster

Well a few years ago one sold for 40k then one went up for sale for $60k so now this ones at 80k... Do u see a pattern.

#98 9 years ago

8 nobody selling.
PP starts remaking machines ...humm
PP buys capcom rights....Humm

For sale BBB and KP capcoms. Smart moves IMO.

Some people have crazy money to get 80k pins but not many.
IMO no pin is worth that but then again I never thought I would pay 7k for a NIB pin years ago.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Well a few years ago one sold for 40k then one went up for sale for $60k so now this ones at 80k... Do u see a pattern.

Not really, thats one sale who asked 20K above what he paid (the $60k sale) That doesn't mean it's worth another $20k. I don't think there is any mean on the bone left on that one.

#100 9 years ago

76 watching, WTF..... No takers? I don't believe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kingpin-on-ebay8000000/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.