games8.jpg
games7.jpg
games5.jpg
games.JPG
P1010082.JPG
meLnut.jpg
P1010003.JPG
P1010075.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

P1010075.JPGP1010075.JPG

The lost Kingpin is found!! We all know eight Kingpins exist. Seven of them are more or less accounted for but one of them has remained hidden until now so I'll call this one number eight. It's been in storage and unplayed since before the year 2000. When I took the backglass off a little tag with a number "8" written on it fell out so maybe this one is production number eight.
The condition is incredible. Playfield is like glass. There is no shooter lane wear. Pop bumper biscuits are like day one. Cabinet is 99% with just one teeny tiny scrape on one side of the backbox. It even has an original keychain plastic. This thing plays lightning fast. The Capcom flippers make Bally/Williams games fell antique. Ramp shots are so fast you can't see the ball. Audits tell the story. Game shows only 97 plays. Shooter lane and playfield drain have absolutely no wear so I believe it. I gave it a good basic cleaning, put in new balls and flipper rubber and that's it. It has zero errors and plays like it just came out of the box. Here's a full photo set, Enjoy the pictures!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157652935416630

P1010003.JPGP1010003.JPG

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

The link to the album you provided only has 2 pictures... Great find BTW

I'll try it again:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157653317421042

Album has 48 pictures.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Still only showing two pictures total here A far back shot of the entire game, and the "8" card.

Reloaded:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157652935416630

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Do tell us about the provenance of this machine, and, please, not "fell off a truck".

Not much to tell. It was owned by a collector who was very private. He bought in the late 90's and tucked it away until now. It's cool that there are some collectors like this otherwise we would never be able to find a hidden treasure. It's nice to know there are still some awesome finds out there.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I would have that many plays in one night! I had a chance to play a few games on one locally. I didn't know it was that rare. I really enjoyed it. Is it for sale or headed to Lanes and Games?

No plans yet, have to enjoy it for awhile first.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

you bought this game?

Yes. It's new home is near Boston.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Thanks for sharing these pics! Looked like the arm and weight were missing from the tilt mechanism - have they not yet been installed?
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams System 3-7 sound board solutions

Good eyes, I haven't installed them yet after transport.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Well done, looks Awesome
Last time I looked on YouTube no decent vids around, any chance you could put something

I will work on that. I never bought a video camera but finding someone to shoot some video shouldn't be a problem.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

Is this your 2nd Kingpin Mike?
Ron...

Believe it or not, yes. The last one we had was supposed to go to Gene at Illinois Pinball for him to use as a model for making a Kingpin reproduction. We held that Kingpin for Gene for two years but unfortunately it didn't happen. The pictures of KP and BBB used on Genes flyers were both my machines at the time. Gene said a reproduction KP could not be made without a donor Kingpin to serve a s a model because he didn't have the tooling or parts to reproduce the Hotel Lex assembly.

#61 8 years ago

No, definitely no response.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

or just the opposite, and this was sell/bought for nuts...
Mike is the new Indiana Jones !

LOL, just call me PINdiana Jones.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why not reveal what you paid? Even just ballpark. That's all people want to know

Because that question is just rude and belongs on the following list:

1. How much did you make last year?
2. How much do you have saved ?
3. Do you have any naked pictures of your wife? No? Want to see some?

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Awesome find! Love that game!
So, would you STILL be interested in lending it out for reproduction?

I emailed Rick at Planetary Pinball to see if he was interested since they have the Capcom rights now. He said he would let me know if and when the time comes.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So in my best kaneda-esque tone- "Will you be sending this one to Chicago Gaming and take a chance on losing some of your investment here when they announce the remake?"

I would like to see Kingpin remade. It's too good of a game not to. If PPS would buy it I would like to see the project proceed. If someone else snaps it up first then at least I gave them the chance. I have received some very tempting offers. I'd buy a repro in a heartbeat for my arcade but am afraid to put the original on location.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Did I miss the "I would rather not share" response?

Yes, it was right here.

Quoted from Pinballmike217:

No, definitely no response.

#101 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Got to call it like I see it...
imo, this surfacing is one of the most incredible finds I've seen in pinball, but the op has found other unmatched, amazing and incredible finds too.

That is true, here is a lineup I shared with the Boston Pinball Association many years ago at one of my open houses:

P1010082.JPGP1010082.JPG

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from WileECoyote:

Congratulations! Awesome find and it is big of you to make the gesture to PPS like you did. If PPS doesn't take you up, would you consider letting Farsight Studios digitize the machine for a future Pinball Arcade release?

Fill me in on the process, I have no idea of what this would involve. PM is fine if it's lengthy.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

nice find and thanks for sharing mike. btw, did you ever install the plastics in your joust and were you happy with our results?

Refresh my memory, please. I'm sorry but I forget if I did plastics in Joust or not. It was many years ago. If I did I must have been happy with them because I don't remember any issues.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

I attribute a lot of my love for the Pinball hobby to meeting Mike at one of his earlier open houses a number of years back. Seeing his collection of pins lined up and allowing the local hobbiest community to come into his house really fostered the "sickness" I have to this day. Hope all is well Mike, one of these months I'll make it back to L&G for the monthly tournament.
Dan Lane

Hey Dan, great to hear from you. Wow, you got me thinking about the "old days" So I scrounged up some more old pics. So long ago but so many great memories. I wish I took one of the ice cream truck we had in the driveway for the day or the 20 lb roast beef I cooked for you guys. Hard to believe we had 60 to 70 pinheads over at a time.
games.JPGgames.JPG
games5.jpggames5.jpggames7.jpggames7.jpggames8.jpggames8.jpggames10.jpggames10.jpg

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Is that a racist joke? Doesn't see, appropriate or funny.

Plonk, you have achieved troll status. You got a polite answer and now you're being confrontational. Please start your own "Kingpin value" thread if you feel the need but that is not the topic of this thread.

#131 8 years ago

And for the record I am not disclosing price as a courtesy to any potential future owner. It will be up to them to share what they paid publicly or not. I will not put them in position of being accused of overpaying or underpaying or whatever.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Not sure I understand this statement or the fact that you down voted my post when I came to your defense. My only issue was that the op took such a hostile position when asked about the price he paid. I disagree with the assertion that it is comparable to asking for naked pictures of ones wife. And I have no issue with bragging about a good find, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy. Maybe it's all a big misunderstanding.

Exactly, my post was intended to be humorous not hostile. The naked picture joke was a line from a movie and I thought it was funny. Your assumption that I am bragging is also a misunderstanding. Sharing is not bragging and I was sharing. If you took it any other way you misread it.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Sorry. Done with this thread

Yay!

Quoted from alexanr1:

Must be a legend or something...

Nope, just a pinhead who will open his doors to any other true pinhead and pour him a monster martini just for showing up. Sorry if that concept offends you.

photo (2).JPGphoto (2).JPG

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Mike, who's that guy holding you? I hope he's sharing.

Hah, that's my rescue Casper. She always gets to shoot first, house rules. Hope you get to stop by someday. Casper pours a wickeda$$ martini.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kingpin-8?tu=pinballmike217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.