Topic Stats

• 165 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo (2).JPG
Driving-Miss-Daisy-1989.jpg
games10.jpg
games8.jpg
games7.jpg
games5.jpg
games.JPG
P1010082.JPG
meLnut.jpg
P1010003.JPG
P1010075.JPG

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

P1010075.JPG

The lost Kingpin is found!! We all know eight Kingpins exist. Seven of them are more or less accounted for but one of them has remained hidden until now so I'll call this one number eight. It's been in storage and unplayed since before the year 2000. When I took the backglass off a little tag with a number "8" written on it fell out so maybe this one is production number eight.
The condition is incredible. Playfield is like glass. There is no shooter lane wear. Pop bumper biscuits are like day one. Cabinet is 99% with just one teeny tiny scrape on one side of the backbox. It even has an original keychain plastic. This thing plays lightning fast. The Capcom flippers make Bally/Williams games fell antique. Ramp shots are so fast you can't see the ball. Audits tell the story. Game shows only 97 plays. Shooter lane and playfield drain have absolutely no wear so I believe it. I gave it a good basic cleaning, put in new balls and flipper rubber and that's it. It has zero errors and plays like it just came out of the box. Here's a full photo set, Enjoy the pictures!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157652935416630

P1010003.JPG

#2 4 years ago

wow

#4 4 years ago

Mike were did you find this lost Gem? Always wanted to play one of these. You should bring it to Pintastic so people could at least see one in person.

#5 4 years ago

Neat that it was found. Will be worth a chunk because it is rare, but as a game ehhhh. Unfinished software leaves it lacking.

#6 4 years ago

Mike, quit playing Kingpin and get KISS to my house!

j/k Great find! Probably worth a few buck too...

#7 4 years ago

Do tell us about the provenance of this machine, and, please, not "fell off a truck".

#8 4 years ago

The link to the album you provided only has 2 pictures... Great find BTW

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

The link to the album you provided only has 2 pictures... Great find BTW

I'll try it again:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157653317421042

Album has 48 pictures.

#10 4 years ago

Still only showing two pictures total here A far back shot of the entire game, and the "8" card.

#11 4 years ago

Wow , what a cool find. Got to play this table at the Baltimore pinball museum when it was open.

#12 4 years ago

Man you just won the pinball lotto.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Still only showing two pictures total here A far back shot of the entire game, and the "8" card.

Reloaded:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157652935416630

#14 4 years ago

I would have that many plays in one night! I had a chance to play a few games on one locally. I didn't know it was that rare. I really enjoyed it. Is it for sale or headed to Lanes and Games?

#15 4 years ago

Amazing! Played one at PAGG in 2014. Found it enjoyable and pretty cool.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Do tell us about the provenance of this machine, and, please, not "fell off a truck".

Not much to tell. It was owned by a collector who was very private. He bought in the late 90's and tucked it away until now. It's cool that there are some collectors like this otherwise we would never be able to find a hidden treasure. It's nice to know there are still some awesome finds out there.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I would have that many plays in one night! I had a chance to play a few games on one locally. I didn't know it was that rare. I really enjoyed it. Is it for sale or headed to Lanes and Games?

No plans yet, have to enjoy it for awhile first.

#18 4 years ago

Is it possible to get a gameplay video of this?Cant wait to see a remake of this by PPS!

#19 4 years ago

Nice!

Some HD gameplay video would be awesome.

What's the going rate on these? Didn't the last one sell for like $60k or something ridiculous?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Nice! What's the going rate on these? Didn't the last one sell or like $60k or something ridiculous?

40k+ for sure

#21 4 years ago

Cool find there isn't much to it is there? Am I missing something? Super cool rare gem tho

#22 4 years ago

Mike again congrats and I will remember your promise to play if i'm ever out your way!

#23 4 years ago

Hot DAMN that's an awesome looking game. Always loved Capcom's art. Hope to see one of these at a show at some point. Congrats on the new addition!

#24 4 years ago

you bought this game?

#25 4 years ago

Wow...forgot how nice the artwork was on that game, thanks for sharing. Welcome to the big city kid.

#26 4 years ago

Game looks great , congrats if you bought this.

#27 4 years ago

Beautiful game and I love the original art. Thank you for sharing this.

#29 4 years ago

Sweet find! How much did you pay for it?

#30 4 years ago

beautiful. congrats.

#31 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing these pics! Looked like the arm and weight were missing from the tilt mechanism - have they not yet been installed?

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams System 3-7 sound board solutions

#32 4 years ago

Well done, looks Awesome
Last time I looked on YouTube no decent vids around, any chance you could put something

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

you bought this game?

Yes. It's new home is near Boston.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Thanks for sharing these pics! Looked like the arm and weight were missing from the tilt mechanism - have they not yet been installed?
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams System 3-7 sound board solutions

Good eyes, I haven't installed them yet after transport.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Well done, looks Awesome
Last time I looked on YouTube no decent vids around, any chance you could put something

I will work on that. I never bought a video camera but finding someone to shoot some video shouldn't be a problem.

#36 4 years ago

Very nice, Mike! Thanks for the pics.
Wally

#37 4 years ago

Is this your 2nd Kingpin Mike?

Ron...

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

Is this your 2nd Kingpin Mike?
Ron...

Believe it or not, yes. The last one we had was supposed to go to Gene at Illinois Pinball for him to use as a model for making a Kingpin reproduction. We held that Kingpin for Gene for two years but unfortunately it didn't happen. The pictures of KP and BBB used on Genes flyers were both my machines at the time. Gene said a reproduction KP could not be made without a donor Kingpin to serve a s a model because he didn't have the tooling or parts to reproduce the Hotel Lex assembly.

#39 4 years ago

This is awesome! Just like a "barn find" for a classic car.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I will work on that. I never bought a video camera but finding someone to shoot some video shouldn't be a problem.

Any chance Bowen and the PAPA team could visit and do a Tutorial? That would be a tremendous video!

#41 4 years ago

Nice snag man!! I played one of these when we had the pinball museum here in Baltimore for a brief stint.....it sat right next to a BBB. It was the first time I'd ever played them

#42 4 years ago

OUTSTANDING. What a Memorial Day.

#43 4 years ago

I have never seen this game before. Went out to YouTube and found a video of it being played.

The graphics in the DMD are very nice. The whole theme makes it looks like a fun game. The playfield parts don't look like the highest quality. (I.E. The slot machine on the building looks like something out of a 1950's machine).

The rarity of the machine seems to be tha draw.

#44 4 years ago

Great job Mikey! I had a blast on your first KP.

Totally fun pin. Bowen would/should get a call for a setup tutorial vid.

#46 4 years ago

Incredible find , great theme & Mark Ritchie layout. I prefer it to BBB.

#47 4 years ago

Congrats on a great find.
Had a BBB but never played this one.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I have never seen this game before. Went out to YouTube and found a video of it being played.
ยป YouTube video
The graphics in the DMD are very nice. The whole theme makes it looks like a fun game. The playfield parts don't look like the highest quality. (I.E. The slot machine on the building looks like something out of a 1950's machine).
The rarity of the machine seems to be tha draw.

You're correct. It's extremely rare and a decent player but the software is extremely rough and unbalanced and the shots are just okay. BBB is actually a much better game, but this game will always command more cash and 'wow' factor due to its rarity.

You can play KP and an original BBB every year at CAX. A friend of mine is one of the organizers and co-owns these titles with another local friend.

#49 4 years ago

Nice to see KP back in the line up, congrats Mike!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 29.95
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside