Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by hjh632
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Greetings. I just picked up a king rock. One flipper is doing a rapid fire thing, I adjusted eos switch but didn't help. It seems there is no power if eos is open at all, I'm assuming coil is bad?

#2 1 year ago

Measure the windings with an ohmmeter. If there’s diodes across the windings, lift one end of the diode. ( I don’t think this machine has diodes across the coils, but just in case….)

#3 1 year ago

I'm not quite sure what you mean from the description. When you say rapidfire, is the flipper machine gunning like an automatic weapon? When you open the end of stroke switch, is there is no movement of the plunger at all?

If above is correct, I would suspect a cracked solder joint or a fractured wire, which usually happens near the solder joint.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

I'm not quite sure what you mean from the description. When you say rapidfire, is the flipper machine gunning like an automatic weapon? When you open the end of stroke switch, is there is no movement of the plunger at all?
If above is correct, I would suspect a cracked solder joint or a fractured wire, which usually happens near the solder joint.

When I hold down button, flipper fires like a machine gun. I think it's losing all power once it hits the eos switch and then repowering as it falls back down and the same over and over a gain but very fast. I'll try soldering connections when I go back over tomorrow. Ty for the help everyone.

#5 1 year ago

Video of issue

#6 1 year ago

I would first look for a partially broken wire or a bad solder joint.

From what you are reporting, I would check the wires from the hold coil first. If one of those is not making good electrical contact, then your flippercoil system effectively goes open circuit as soon as the EOS switch opens.

#7 1 year ago

I would first look for a partially broken wire or a bad solder joint.
From what you are reporting, I would check the wires from the hold coil first. If one of those is not making good electrical contact, then your flippercoil system effectively goes open circuit as soon as the EOS switch opens.</blockqote>

I'll check that out. Ty very much

#8 1 year ago

Look for a broken wire that goes to the center lug.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.