By rufessor

2 years ago

Stats

• 68 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by rufessor
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 74 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F7775DE9-A697-43C2-9E91-889A4F813D8B (resized).jpeg
D446622E-A2AB-42C7-AAEA-0CAF41F624BA (resized).jpeg
B850B787-3592-4276-9CF1-48AAEDCE5B36 (resized).jpeg
DBB28AEA-6652-4203-BF25-C12D1200D705 (resized).jpeg
5543163B-C0AB-4545-9148-E05E153C74E2 (resized).jpeg
18B5D1F3-9F1D-4B74-8E5D-D104EF4903C2 (resized).jpeg
82FC895C-7D17-421B-BA27-FF84C8D72C85 (resized).jpeg
image_18350 (resized).jpg
33189F1A-254C-4AC6-8735-624094260571 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_095110 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_095115 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_095141 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_095157 (resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 13 days ago

Thank you! That one was a bit of puzzle to put back together- always interesting to see how they manage to put all the pieces together- this bank even has two set screws that appear to be designed to lock the mechanism- maybe for shipping?

Anyhow- I can reset the bank with one finger now!

#52 13 days ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Ha! I count only 19 springs in prior pic... maybe it is in the tumbler. I swear I was careful but my tumbler is know for its healty appetite for parts....

One of those crazy-strong welding magnets works great for finding tiny parts in the tumbler media.

https://www.harborfreight.com/6-1-4-quarter-inch-multipurpose-magnet-holder-1939.html

image_18350 (resized).jpg

#53 12 days ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Moving on- Drop assembly is rebuilt and spit shined-

Always like it when the metal shines again! Great work.

#54 12 days ago

Thanks all! Its gratifying to get a few comments back after all the polishing- I know its not the most exciting thread on Pinside but I am helping t0 hold some pinside realty and represent the old school devotees!!

One more pic of the mechanism and I promise to withhold for a bit. I really wanted to get this game inside to play it and was planning on NOT redoing the topside art and clear.... but now that I have the drops/slings/flippers/switches and pops pulled down to restore it seems stupid not to turn attention to the top side.

Thinking I will finish full disassembly of all playfield parts and polish etc- then reassemble major compinents but leave coils off so they hang- then flip it over and pull all posts etc and clear the thing and fix it up. Art is pretty good and I am considering leaving the cracks in the paint and patina- just filling in missing art and redo key lines in black- and reassemble after enough clear coats and sanding to bring it to a glass finish.

Thats the thinking today :D. It may change when remember whatever it is I may currently be forgetting

DBB28AEA-6652-4203-BF25-C12D1200D705 (resized).jpeg

#55 12 days ago

The second drop target in from the near end appears to be a different shade of off white. Unless that's just an optical illusion.

Seriously, amazing work. I've never taken a DT bank down this far and cleaned up everything. Your patience is overwhelming. Well done.

#56 9 days ago

Looking great. The ball return-hole kicker cam is nickel plated. Will shine up really nice with one of the typical metal polish that contain ammonia. I use 'Blue magic'.

#57 9 days ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The second drop target in from the near end appears to be a different shade of off white. Unless that's just an optical illusion.

Good eye- thats actually the NOS target I acquired to replace one that was broken or missing when I got the game (I dont rember which!). Funny its actually a little more yellowed than originals in game. But close enough. I may try the peroxide trick to de yellow but maybe not. It looks ok and I only have one more NOS target and I doubt any more exist....

#58 9 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

One of those crazy-strong welding magnets works great for finding tiny parts in the tumbler media.
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-1-4-quarter-inch-multipurpose-magnet-holder-1939.html

Hey Vid- I also have a magnet I throw in and tumble but its not that big. Do you dump the tumbler over the magnet or do you mix the magnet through the media in the tumbler. Thinking of going to a bigger magnet but curious how you use that one.

Thanks for the comment

#59 9 days ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Good eye- thats actually the NOS target I acquired to replace one that was broken or missing when I got the game (I dont rember which!). Funny its actually a little more yellowed than originals in game. But close enough. I may try the peroxide trick to de yellow but maybe not. It looks ok and I only have one more NOS target and I doubt any more exist....

In all actuality I was poking fun at the explicit level of detail you have gone to with this game. As I stated before, you should feel good about this effort.

I would not get worked up over trying to lighten that target. Any fluid you apply has the potential to damage or remove the art. The art images are fragile on the original drop targets.

What I would do is look for a clean original target if you really need to address it. Hard to say why the NOS you found is yellowed more than the originals.

#60 9 days ago

I can live with it
No plans to fix it!

#61 9 days ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I can live with it

Hehe. I would too: one of the nicest drop target assembly's I've ever seen

#62 9 days ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Hey Vid- I also have a magnet I throw in and tumble but its not that big. Do you dump the tumbler over the magnet or do you mix the magnet through the media in the tumbler. Thinking of going to a bigger magnet but curious how you use that one.
Thanks for the comment

I usually pour out 90% of the media, then use the magnet to get the tiny parts out of the bottom of the tumbler.

#63 9 days ago

Ok- thats about what Indonwhen I am looking for something-

Sadly were RIP one spring. i have no idea where it is... PBR should save me.

Else- tonight was not the most entertaining but was necessary. I cleaned and straightened and polished all switches and blades and burnished all contacts for 2/3 or more of the playfield.

Here are the parts ready to reassemble left underside and put drops back (not going to- paint and clear needed).

B850B787-3592-4276-9CF1-48AAEDCE5B36 (resized).jpeg

D446622E-A2AB-42C7-AAEA-0CAF41F624BA (resized).jpeg

F7775DE9-A697-43C2-9E91-889A4F813D8B (resized).jpeg

#64 9 days ago

A few Easter eggs were discovered...

And more than a few mangled switches were rescued...

image (resized).jpg

#65 9 days ago

Back in 1973 someone forgot to add solder to that coil- the rest are great joints. Now this one has two solid joins as well!

Future proof!

#66 9 days ago

image (resized).jpg

#67 8 days ago

That's a mighty handsome pile of metal parts you have there.

Which drop target spring do you need? I'd be happy to mail you one.

#68 8 days ago

Wow- that would be awesome! Thank YOU!

I would have to look for a catalog number but its one of the ten top springs. Strangely enough, they are different than the bottom springs. PM on its way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.50
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 68 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside