By goldenboy232

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi, I have a 1973 Gottlieb King Pin. Today it was playing fine and I shut it off. When I turned it back on, the start button worked but it would not kick the ball out. I turned it off again and turned it back on and this time the playfield was dead. The start button does not work and I have no playfield lights. Will NOT start a game.

The backglass is lit up and I have a tilt light on. But cannot get the game to do anything. If I manually actuate the start relay it will turn I believe 1/3 of a turn but that’s it. Where to begin?

For what it’s worth (May or may not be related), the other day I noticed the ball-count lights, game over light, and match lights were not working). Not sure if that has anything to do with us as some sort of progressively worse problem.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks Howard. Before I diagnose the whole circuit, I wanted to add this bit of information: occasionally the start button will work, and all it does is move the score motor may be 1/3 of a turn and then the game does nothing else. No play field lights or anything else. I just didn’t know if that bit of information (sporadic power going from the start button to the start relay) gives you a better sense on where to focus.

Also, if you would be able to let me text you directly, maybe starting tomorrow, it would make this go a lot faster. But let me know.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks guys - I’ll start checking all of RBI’s after work and will let you know. Howard I’ll send my phone number if I get stuck - thank you.

Tim, good to hear from you! (This is Mark, formerly in Gig Harbor).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/king-pin-help-needed?tu=goldenboy232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.