12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Spoiler note: If you've never reached Battle for the Kingdom on MM, and don't want to know what happens until you get there, you won't want to read this. I just got there, and got rejected by the King of Payne in the most gut wrenching fashion, and wanted to share my frustration, because no-one else I know outside the pinball realm cares, LOL.

I've never beat my MM on 3 ball settings, so I've been trying really hard to do it for the past couple of weeks. Tonight everything was coming together, and I started Battle for the Kingdom on my third ball. I had a troll bomb, so I dropped the left troll with the bomb, and I proceeded to shoot the castle gate. Every shot to the castle gate was hitting the right troll on the way down, and bouncing over to the left flipper, setting me up for another decent shot at the gate.

I ended up hitting the castle gate enough times to raise it, then the final shot inside the castle to destroy the King of Payne was available. I had the ball trapped on the left flipper, and shot the ball inside the castle perfectly. I watched it disappear into the castle and got ready to celebrate, then I heard the ball hit something metal, and it rolled back out of the castle and SDTM. I never even had a chance to save it. Game over.

I just stood there staring in disbelief. I think a few swear words were uttered as well.

Anybody else have any final wizard mode ending shots available and get rejected in an unbelievable fashion? It probably happens all the time, right?

#2 12 years ago

It must be awful having to play a MM in your own house.

Unfortunately, anyone who owns a machine has had this happen. This is what keeps us playing. Some machines we love because we hate them.

#3 12 years ago

Not quite as dramatic as that, but a while back I had been playing a good long game on my LOTR. Got through all the three film multiballs, with just one mode out of the six to start to allow me go on to "There And Back Again" once I had Destroyed The Ring (DTR).

Got onto playing DTR on ball 3, made the first three shots, nailed the fourth, ball then went up into the Paths Of The Dead, then dropped down into the left inlane ready to be fired up into the ring to knock the first ball out to "Destroy The Ring". Except the left flipper had decided to overheat and flutter just at that moment to allow the ball roll off the flipper and drain... Game Over

#4 12 years ago

I routinely get a ball wedged under the ramp on Getaway during multiball making the Super Jackpot shot impossible. Arrghhh!

#5 12 years ago

Cool story Outlane Avoider, I hope to get an LOTR some day.

SC, I've had the exact same thing happen to me at least once or twice. It's a horrible feeling standing there watching the timer time out when that ball is trapped under hat ramp, LOL.

Thanks for posting guys, it's always fun for me to read about stuff like this.

#6 12 years ago

I am not good enough to get that far on any machine

#7 12 years ago

I came one shot from ruling the universe on AFM tonight. All I needed was to hit the scoop...I think..I've never beeb that far and had the "rule the Universe" light lit. It drained down the right side. I was was disgusted. Turned it off and went upstairs.

I know how you feel.

#8 12 years ago

At the arcade two weeks ago on the WH20, had gotten to Wet Willy's, completed the boulder garden, locked two outta three balls, and had my river at level six. Had a reflex flip of mine make it about 95% of the way up to No Way Out but not all the way to the VUK to start the Vacation planner wizard mode, and it falls backdown the center on me (rather, I tilted trying a very desperate slap save). It was terrible. But I've been there once before, so it wasn't AS bad. Cursed myself for getting sloppy, and moved on. Couldn't even look at it for the rest of my time there.

#9 12 years ago

That's it for that game. Guess you'll have to sell it to me Like absocountry2, I'm not that good at pinball yet to get to that point on any game. Feel your pain though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/king-of-payne-blues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.