PICT0009 (resized).JPG
PICT0007 (resized).JPG
PICT0006 (resized).JPG
PICT0005 (resized).JPG
0King-of-Diamonds-Work-11 (resized).jpg
PICT0001 (resized).JPG
PICT0063 (resized).JPG
PICT0062 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider songofsixpence.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 6 years ago

Not to step on Rolf, but I'm sitting here looking at your question...

In Great Britain, the voltage is 230V, correct? I can't quite read the transformer - it's blocked by a wire. But it looks like it says For 230 Tie 2 to (?)

I assume it says "Tie 2 to 3" ...?

That being the case, you would only want the 2-3 jumper. The other side of that Jones plug would fall into the empty socket.

-dave

#43 6 years ago

I do think if you plug in for 120v on a 230V line, that you would blow the main fuse. If it weren't for that, your lights would burn super-bright and quickly burn out, your score motor would overspin and your coils would burn up.

You definitely want one pair of the jumpered plugs in the 2-3 socket.

the other jumpered pair should be placed where it doesn't actually jumper anything. I assume they fall in 4, and the empty socket next to 4...?

I suppose this Jones plug was a good idea, if your machine moves regularly between countries where the power supply changes from 120-340v. For machines that spend their entire life in one country, this would not see too much use.

-d

#44 6 years ago

Also, that 7.5A main fuse is much heavier than needed. That machine would never draw more than 2.5A so, any fuse between 3 and 7 amps would work.

I mention this, if you have fuses of those values laying around, you wouldn't have to wait for your fuses order

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-amps-does-a-pinball-use#post-3599213

#47 6 years ago

If I recall correctly yes, that era reset bank is 120v AC on the coil. I assume Rolf has access to the schematic and could confirm.

And yes that is pretty nasty voltage. You don't want to touch it.

If your still blowing line fuses instantly, I would look for solder bridges or something else really amiss. Stuck switches are usually somewhat forgiving

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider songofsixpence.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/king-of-diamonds-start-up-sequence?tu=songofsixpence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.