PICT0009 (resized).JPG
PICT0007 (resized).JPG
PICT0006 (resized).JPG
PICT0005 (resized).JPG
0King-of-Diamonds-Work-11 (resized).jpg
PICT0001 (resized).JPG
PICT0063 (resized).JPG
PICT0062 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from swtrains:

Hi Rolf
sorry for the delay, sometimes I just need to walk away from that machine.......
If it helps ( and I think I understand what you are asking of me - please correct me if wrong ) I fire up the machine, the score motor spins, and the hold and start relays remain pulled in. No other relays are pulled in.
If I manually close the start relay, the score motor stops. If I manually operate the reset bar that relay DB operates, then the score motor stops.
So presumably the faulty switch is before the DB relay gets pulled in.
The generic start up sequence that I am trying to follow says that the S relay should be followed by the AS relay, which is shown on my schematic (circled in yellow) and labelled as "2 coins per play relay" - yet I can find no trace of it on my machine.
Can you give me a gentle nudge in the right direction again, please? Many thanks!
Note to Doug - the site wont seem to let me reply to your PM. So, could you possibly take a couple of shots of your playfield, so I can compare? Thanks!

Seeing I have a KOD disassembled in the shop, I thought I would assist on this. However I too am puzzled for the lack of locating a relay shown as "AS" 2 Coins Per Play, as well as "D" 2 play Relay.

On the underside of my play field there is a 4 bank relay as follows, "?" missing letter, "E", "F", "J". The last 3 are for the pop bumpers. I believe the "?" is "A" relay. Neither of these 2 missing relays are shown on the lower relay board.

So I would like to know if these machines did in fact have the "AS' and "D" relays installed.

#60 6 years ago

Pic of the lower relay board.

IMG_0627 (resized).jpgIMG_0627 (resized).jpg

#63 6 years ago

My machine has 2 chutes, 10 cents and 25 cents. Gottlieb did not install the "AS Relay, 2 Coins Per Play", nor the "D Relay, 2 Play Relay" on it. It does however have the "W 3rd Chute Relay".

#65 6 years ago

A local collector just sent me pictures of his lower relay board. It does show 2 additional relays that my machine does not have. One is an "AG" type relay which looks to be the "D 2 Play Relay", and an "AS" type relay which is the "AS 2 Coins Per Play Relay". I compared the wiring to the schematic and it matches.

So depending how the machine was optioned for coin chutes, dictates the relay assemblies.

#66 6 years ago

Here's a pic showing the 2 extra relays.

King of Diamonds with extra relays (resized).jpgKing of Diamonds with extra relays (resized).jpg

#73 6 years ago

I know the feeling, as we all have been there a one point. Just one thing, as the score motor is spinning upon startup, do the score reels reset to zero?

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from swtrains:

No, they stay as they are and I can't increment them as the relays are obviously not getting power. Thanks for your kind comments!
Rick

First, with the machine off, manually advance the score reels to show points if not shown already. Then turn on the machine and activate the start relay. Do they reset, does the score motor continually spin?
If they don't reset, try manually activating the 100 point relay while the score motor is spinning. Does this advance the reel back to zero?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/king-of-diamonds-start-up-sequence?tu=Playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.