Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PismoArcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

....I'm fortunate to own a number of machines including a VirtuaPin- but I'm still intrigued by this machine.

Anyone actually own one? I know about the playfield "sticker".....just curious if they've held up over the last few years of use.

....I would be in the market for one if the price was right. I don't like EM's (sorry!)....but the concept behind this machine is interesting me as a potential fun addition.

Thoughts?

(and please, I don't need to know about the drama behind the creation of the machine- I'm aware- Thanks!).

#2 5 years ago

I heard of the playfield decal wrinkling due to heat buildup during location use (e.g. incandescent lamps on all day).

Not sure if true, but I have read it from a few sources. Generally this game had a disappointing reception given the years of development.

#3 5 years ago

There's in arcade in Grandy, NC called Flippers that has one set up. The game still looks perfect and I've never noticed any wrinkling or wear spots. Granted, I don't put much/any play time on that pin while I'm there. Next time I'm over there, I'll take another look to see if I notice any other issues on that pin.

2 months later
#4 5 years ago

I bought one of the last new ones they had. I had some minor issues with it but it's all good. So far it's been 100% reliable with no playfield issues. I really like how they integrated the multi player function with the single player scoring display - switching the score for each player. After the game is over it will cycle showing each players score along with the playfield's remaining lights for each player, plus high score to date - pretty cool. If you don't like EMs, keep in mind the game play is nearly identical to the 1967 original.

#5 5 years ago

Sounds interesting

#6 5 years ago

I've played one on location and have not noticed any wrinkling. If im not mistaken it is all leds on the one i play.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

I've played one on location and have not noticed any wrinkling. If im not mistaken it is all leds on the one i play.

I played the one at the PHOF and didn't see any wrinkling of the PF mylar either--but that was back in Sept.

Perhaps someone heading there in the near future can report back in this thread & post some pics.

1 month later
#8 5 years ago

Played in vegas a few weeks ago. All good. I'd be interested in buying one but how?

#9 5 years ago

www.retropinball.net

They have a list of distributors. I'd see if anyone still has any in stock. Or, contact retropinball directly.

#10 5 years ago

Played one and a few originals. Just prefer how the originals play and sound.

#11 5 years ago

I'm looking at an original later today. Fingers crossed

#12 5 years ago

Just bought an original today. I'm totally excited.

#13 5 years ago

I played in Vegas last week.

Looked and played great.

I'd buy one if the price was right.

#14 5 years ago

I've played it at a couple of pinball expos.

If I had the dough... it would be in my collection.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.99
$ 12,500.00
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 24.50
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside