Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1520605227510blob (resized).jpg
weezie (resized).jpg
Gottlieb resistor (resized).jpg
King of Diamonds with extra relays (resized).jpg
IMG_0627 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

Would like some clarification on something....there is a 470ohm/2 watt resistor that is listed on the schematic that is going from the A coil(can't locate it, assume it is the 'AS' coil) from a blue/white/red wire to the alternator on 0-9 unit. Can not locate this resistor. If someone has a picture of this to verify its location, it would be greatly appreciated.

On a 2 chute machine, there is no "AS" or "D" relay. That's what I found on my KOD. The schematic can get confusing because of the coin door configuration. Those relays were used on 3 chute machines.

#3 5 years ago

Here are pics of a KOD with 2 chute design, and a 3 chute design with the added relays.

IMG_0627 (resized).jpgIMG_0627 (resized).jpgKing of Diamonds with extra relays (resized).jpgKing of Diamonds with extra relays (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

Look at the connections on the 0-9 stepper. Resistor may be strapped at that location.

#7 5 years ago

I found this image on an old forum thread. Here's the complete thread. pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1965-gottlieb-resistor-on-ones-score-reel#post-4519920

Gottlieb resistor (resized).jpgGottlieb resistor (resized).jpg
#12 5 years ago

Those resistors were used to prevent arching on the stepper units, as I have read.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

Yup, thats what we discussed and Im glad the jumping found the fault(sort of). There was power going to the fuse block, and from the block to the start relay, but nothing after that so if it isn't getting through the jones plug to the Play Field, then there is something wrong between the two. I would follow the schematic and see if there is anything else in series. If not, you could have a wire break at a bend, tied spot, etc. So the quick and dirty thing you could do is just solder a wire between the two points bypassing the break.

You should follow the path to the "Start" relay, and inspect the contacts at that relay. You need to loosen the wing nuts on the reset bank and flip the bank over to view the relay contacts. It helps having a good quality volt/ohm meter. Just follow the 30 volts within short sections between switches and jones plug. DON'T ground yourself. No bare feet on concrete floor. How do I know this? Guess. LOL

#19 5 years ago

Isn't the "A" relay the alternating relay?

Your "cloth covered bug" similar to the one pictured in post #7?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/king-of-diamonds-not-starting-a-game?tu=Playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.