• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PB101324.jpg
image.jpeg
#1 8 years ago

I have a KOD that was moderately restored that I just picked up. I have a problem that whenever roll over a contact ( for instance, 6, 7,8 or 9 at the top) that also activates the roto target, multiple cards drop in the backglass animation. For instance, I shoot the ball, it rolls through the 7 slot at the top, and multiple cards drop besides 7. As far as I see, this doesn't happen unless the number also spins the roto target. Any ideas?

Joe

#2 8 years ago

Also, if anyone knows KOD, at time of ball drain, are the cards supposed to be reset in the backglass? They only reset at the beginning of a new game.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

Also, if anyone knows KOD, at time of ball drain, are the cards supposed to be reset in the backglass? They only reset at the beginning of a new game.

Most all single player games reset at the beginning of a new game and not every time the ball drains as a multiplayer would do.

Quoted from charliex:

I have a KOD that was moderately restored that I just picked up. I have a problem that whenever roll over a contact ( for instance, 6, 7,8 or 9 at the top) that also activates the roto target, multiple cards drop in the backglass animation. For instance, I shoot the ball, it rolls through the 7 slot at the top, and multiple cards drop besides 7. As far as I see, this doesn't happen unless the number also spins the roto target. Any ideas?
Joe

I'm familiar with KOD, however, this sounds as though it could be related to a reset bank. I had a similar problem when the switches were too close on the sequence coil and when one of the coils on the bank would pull it would allow the sequence switch to make contact as well. Just a thought.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

Most all single player games reset at the beginning of a new game and not every time the ball drains as a multiplayer would do.

I'm familiar with KOD, however, this sounds as though it could be related to a reset bank. I had a similar problem when the switches were too close on the sequence coil and when one of the coils on the bank would pull it would allow the sequence switch to make contact as well. Just a thought.

"I'm not familiar".....

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

Joe

check the roto target switches, if the contacts are too close then the switches will close when roto spins. Take the roto plastic off and loosen the two screws that hold the switch platform in place, slide it back slightly, see if that eliminates the extra numbers when roto spins.

Also check the bank in the head, if its not fully seated you'll get funny things happening.

Ken

#6 8 years ago

OK the problem was related to the roto target. I think it was a combination of the wipers not aligning perfectly and some grease on the wheel. That problem is worked out.

Thanks everyone.

#7 8 years ago

Congrats on picking up what I think is one of the most fun em's ever made.

#8 8 years ago

Diamond Jack!

#9 8 years ago

True. The add-a-ball is a bit more fun.

#10 8 years ago

Thanks. I love it. Always wanted one..

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#11 8 years ago

Looks like a kid took a black crayon to it. Should be able to clean it off. I'm jealous.

#12 8 years ago

This one was one ebay a couple weeks back, congratulations.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Looks like a kid took a black crayon to it. Should be able to clean it off. I'm jealous.

I think what you are seeing is somebody's attempt at webbing.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

I think what you are seeing is somebody's attempt at webbing.

Yep. It's actually a nice paint job but the webbing is a bit heavy. Oh well. Still a really nice machine.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

Yep. It's actually a nice paint job but the webbing is a bit heavy. Oh well. Still a really nice machine.

the webbing is the difference between a good and a great repaint. it really isn't hard to get right but most don't try they just use the rattle can

#16 8 years ago

I'm sure they used that Krylon webbing crap. Used it once...never again!

Anyway, nice score on a nice game regardless. Still looking for one!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

I'm sure they used that Krylon webbing crap. Used it once...never again!
Anyway, nice score on a nice game regardless. Still looking for one!

If I can ever find a KoD head Ill have a game for sale...got the body.

#18 8 years ago

I picked up one a few weeks ago. It mostly works but needs shopping out. Came with an invoice from 1973 stateing it was sold to a private individual !!

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

Well, you don't play the cabinet charliex so enjoy it! : )

Webbing is not easy to do. 1st cab I did I used the can-o-webbing by Krylon as I knew of no other choice about 14 years ago.. Came out great but it is thick. I practiced quite a bit it 'shooting' it from can to see what patterns/spray/effects/motions etc. would give the best outcome and even then still not guaranteed to be exact duplicate of each pass of the can. I then learned to spray w/automotive sprayer and lacquer and found that to be spot on, again practicing before application on a board.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from jimmyb:

I picked up one a few weeks ago. It mostly works but needs shopping out. Came with an invoice from 1973 stateing it was sold to a private individual !!

Very nice! Looks to be in very good shape.

#21 8 years ago

To me, the webbing looks like he soaked a piece of yarn in paint and threw it at the cabinet. At least the webbing is only on the white. All in all, the machine is really clean.

#22 8 years ago

Here's a can of that Krylon...looks good from afar, but looks terrible up close.

PB101324.jpgPB101324.jpg

#23 8 years ago

what do king of diamonds go for as I have a chance to grab one - thanks ed

#24 8 years ago

If you is lucky...$500. Really nice goes for $2K

#25 8 years ago

I paid $1850

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/king-of-diamonds-kod-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.