Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

engine (resized).JPG
IMG_0089 (resized).JPG
IMG_0090 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

I just learned from igo4rams that when King of Diamonds cycles into "game over," the two house lights turn on above the saloon, the same way lights come on at closing time at the tavern. Notice the difference between the two images... one with the "last ball in play," and the other in "game over." probably one of those things that goes unnoticed, even by a lot of people who own the game. Anyone know of other EM Easter eggs like that?

IMG_0090 (resized).JPG

IMG_0089 (resized).JPG

#2 1 year ago

On the KOD remake, I programmed those same two lights to indicate the number of times you completed all the cards (when set to reset after completion).

#3 1 year ago

The eyes on Abra Ca Dabra...

#4 1 year ago

Ice Revue has an awesome blinking light show at the end of the game.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Scottflips:

I just learned from igo4rams that when King of Diamonds cycles into "game over," the two house lights turn on above the saloon, the same way lights come on at closing time at the tavern.

Is it possible that those 2 bulbs should be flashers?

#6 1 year ago

Great game! My second favorite EM!

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Is it possible that those 2 bulbs should be flashers?

Not sure what the schematic reads....but I don't think so. You can have them flash if you want.

I have 455 flashers bulbs in everyone of my 40+ EM games.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Ice Revue has an awesome blinking light show at the end of the game.

Snow Derby has quite the light show, too. SNOW DERBY on the bg is unlit, until game over, and then 8-9 455's back there start up

#9 1 year ago

There are several EMs with similar features. I believe on "Flip A Card" and some other games, the name lights only in "game over" state. There's a blinking buoy on Gottlieb "Surf Side" that lights at "game over".
"Ice Revue", as mentioned above, has double lighting on the backglass skaters. If you notice, there are six different skaters under spotlights; two red, two white, and two blue. These correspond to the red, white, and blue banners under the kickout holes, and light the same as the playfield lights on those three banners, dependent on the 1-6 targets made. The same skaters illuminate with a separate lamp at "game over", preferably using flashing bulbs.
"Sing Along" and "Melody" have four pairs of carolers depicted on the backglass, each dressed in colors corresponding to the four groups of four colors that you try to complete when playing the game.
There are many other examples of this type of hidden feature which don't readily come to mind at this time.

#10 1 year ago

I have owned Melody for more than 25 years and never noticed that. Now I'll have to check it out. I know Shindig has dancers in the back glass that light up as you trap balls in the holes on the play field.

#11 1 year ago

2001 is another game I have flashers (#455 vintage GE or Westinghouse) in the 4 stars on the backglass. Each time a player knocks down either the red, blue ,green or yellow banks of targets the a star flashes on the backglass.

4 weeks later
#12 1 year ago

On King of Diamonds, there is 1 bulb centered between both lanterns, (masked off by either the wooden insert or piece of cardboard, don't remember), and is supposed to have a 455 flasher. On Sing Along, the "Music" Sign on the backglass calls for 2 flashers that lite during game-over. During this period, Gtb. seemed to have several games with 1 or 2 flashers in the head, some tied in with game-over, and some not.

I remember Gtb. Baseball is another example where the entire game title is illuminated only at game over.

#13 1 year ago

On my Drop-A-Card, the card that the King is pulling out from under his robe lights up only at Game Over.

I can't find it designated on the schematic as such, but it's there.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

"Sing Along" and "Melody" have four pairs of carolers depicted on the backglass, each dressed in colors corresponding to the four groups of four colors that you try to complete when playing the game.

JR -

Curious (since I own a Sing Along) - I've noted the four colors of the carolers, but it doesn't seem like they light up with any particular activity on the playfield. Are they supposed to? I do have flashers in the "Music" sign.

On my Flip A Card, I have flashers on the name that lights @ game over. In my opinion, this is one of the most attractive flashing elements on any EM. The green of the letters really pops against the purple and looks great.

#15 1 year ago

Other than the 2 "Music" and the "Last Ball in Play" Flashers on Sing Along, all other lighting is general illumination.

1 week later
#16 1 year ago

I just brought a KOD home yesterday. While wife and I were playing, we noticed the tavern lights and wondered what they meant. Now we know! Thanks...

#17 1 year ago

Jet Spin lights up a engine of one of the surf boardss...

engine (resized).JPG

#18 1 year ago

Big Hit has a blimp overhead that lights/flashes at game over.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from heatwave:

JR -
Curious (since I own a Sing Along) - I've noted the four colors of the carolers, but it doesn't seem like they light up with any particular activity on the playfield. Are they supposed to? I do have flashers in the "Music" sign.
On my Flip A Card, I have flashers on the name that lights @ game over. In my opinion, this is one of the most attractive flashing elements on any EM. The green of the letters really pops against the purple and looks great.

No. There is no correlation between backglass illumination and completing sequences on "Sing Along" or "Melody". As "Boatcat" posted, the four groups of carolers are just general illumination.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 89.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside