Dolphins.jpg
We_refuse_to_go_on_stage.jpg
KongGif1a.gif.CROP.original-original.gif
King_kong_eat-300x225.jpg
PB230206.JPG
P2020007.JPG
P2020006.JPG
PA280139.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aberdeentp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 10 years ago

this one looks like it could use a HEP restoration as well, it has some pretty significant problems on the playfield. I think it would certainly be worth it after spending that kind of cash to acquire it.

#107 10 years ago

goodnight nurse, and imagine little ol Data East jumping into the hotbed with their simple pinball.

#118 10 years ago

312 watchers

#161 10 years ago

holy crud, an entire ramp is missing! I wonder if the bidders noticed this, and wonder if this part is possible to get, and how will the winner feel getting a game that is basically unplayable. Also unless it's the picture notice all the mylar peeling away at the bottom of the playfield.

#164 10 years ago

ah I see, so that hole in the back isn't used, just a hole in the wall, you look at the end of the ramp at the top and there looks like there is a connector though, wondering if you rigged it if the programming is there for it to go up in there? For the KK with the metal ramp what's in that spot where the vuk is on this one?

It definitely looks like the ramp that leads nowhere. I mean where does the ball go when it's hit up the ramp from the upper flipper? Just around and out on the right onto the pop bumpers? Is there a switch anywhere that records a hit? Then you can have the odd shot that doesn't quite get to the end of the ramp but falls out on the hole in the ramp at the top, then does it get stuck there over the vuk? Then look at the ramp at the bottom entrance where the super jackpot is, it looks like a lip there and would shoot the ball in the air. I don't see any switches and looks impossible to shoot it up and around the ramp to get the super jackpot if the switch is there, a very interesting ramp. And again I have to wonder how playable it actually is? It is definitely a more drastic ramp than the one on Batman Forever where the upper flipper shot can easily cause airballs. Maybe the consequences of entering the lower section of the ramp explains the insert wear.

#169 10 years ago

ah that's just plum gorgeous, he is a magician isn't he? I see the cannon now as it's really clear on these pictures. You shoot it up the side ramp, it goes into the cannon and the cannon shoots it through the folding fence plastics for your jackpotarooni. That is very cool. It looks like the top of the plastic ramp isn't used at all. If this was the one on ebay I would be calling in the troops and try to snag it. But if I may and don't sound too stupid, he does look like he modified it a bit, as one flap looks like it covers the inserts where you lock balls so did he change the software so it's a virtual lock? Then the lower ramp the flap is up, so it appears you can't do a ramp shot from the bottom flippers, and wondering where the ball goes, a loop shot? Maybe it's just an illusion but it looks like the flap is up there? Most likely this was just the prototype he was working with and that's how it was, then perhaps without any multiball. Those aren't pusscake flippers. But the ramp shots are different with the one on ebay, as the bottom ramp flap is down and you would get serious airballs. And the side ramp looks like it goes around the top plastic ramp and maybe it drops into the cannon from there.

#170 10 years ago

I'm sorry, looking again it looks like it locks balls on the ramp itself like Time Machine, and the decal on the lower ramp shows it to be a loop shot. Just beautiful.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

That's how I bid on any high dollar items. (And by high dollar, I do not mean $20K, more like $400 or so.) I put my absolute max price in the app as soon as I find the auction and let it do the work while I forget about it. Then if I get it, great. If not, oh well, I didn't want to pay more than that anyway.

exactly, I can never figure out on items like this, why do a bidding war during the auction anyway, what do you have to prove by being the high bidder with 4 days to go, it means nothing, it only allows others to sit back and pick away at your bid. If you bid all your marbles at the beginning, you will get others gradually picking away at it, and keep going as they just can't help themselves. Years back I bid on a rare record album, putting in $100 before leaving for work. If I put that bid in at the last few seconds I would have won that record for $10 yet when I got home, one buyer bid 31 times until they finally overcame my bid. From then on I only bid in the last few seconds, and like blonde says, if I get it fine, if not move on. Many people detest snipers, but if you think it through it's the most practical way to do it. If you don't like snipers then bid your max and be done with it, and you'll probably pay more than you have to, but if you lose at least you can have no regrets about not bidding more.

Another reason there weren't snipers is the price at the end was above what the snipers wanted to pay anyway. Honestly I think this sold too high and if I was going to snipe it, I wouldn't put a bid in over 20k but if this was languishing at around 12k after missing the BIN, I probably would have put in a snipe a little higher and probably lost, but I wouldn't enjoy my dinner any less if I did. I suspect if the winner put this for sale on pinball classifieds tomorrow for 20k he would have a tough time selling it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aberdeentp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/king-kong-on-ebay?tu=aberdeentp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.