• Latest reply 11 years ago by MES
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_1573.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Tim Curry callouts and the music are really good! Ok Amy is...weird and its getting less iritating as I play but, after playing X-men at expo I realize who important entertaining callouts are...

And I like the way it plays although my high score is pretty low still.

#2 11 years ago

Very fun game.

#3 11 years ago

Sick brag on owning a Congo...

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

Sick brag on owning a Congo...

hehe I watched for a year for the right one!

#5 11 years ago

I was worried when I heard the amy callouts after playing only in arcade settings. Its way different when you can hear it.

#6 11 years ago

stlouis.craigslist.org link

There is one in st louis. I paid a bit less but still looks nice.

#7 11 years ago

Im at $2500 max, they are firm on that one, I asked, thanks for the heads up though

#8 11 years ago

2800 for Congo... wtf?

#9 11 years ago

I'd only go 2000-2100 if it was super super great shape.

#10 11 years ago

I actually offered $2200 on it.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

stlouis.craigslist.org link

There is one in st louis. I paid a bit less but still looks nice.

Huh, according to the ebay listing that machine resides in New Jersey.

ebay.com link: Congo Pinball Machine Unique Lower Covered Playfield Rare Williams Machine

But yes, Congo is super fun and easily the best purchase I have made so far.

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for that. ^

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

Thanks for that. ^

No problem, the CL add is looking a bit fraudulent. I knew I recognized that low-rider Congo from somewhere.

#14 11 years ago

Like JM, Shadow and several others, the theme and movie don't excite me, but I think Congo is a very good pinball machine.

#15 11 years ago

Congrats, would love one.

#16 11 years ago

He texted me and said he did not have pics and copied these. He said its mint.

#17 11 years ago

I told him via text that 2800 was too high. I said it used to be $1500 but 2k is about right for a nice one. If its mint, $2200 is not too bad.

I copied Phoebes' color scheme from the EXPO machine. Here it is

DSC_1573.JPGDSC_1573.JPG

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I told him via text that 2800 was too high. I said it used to be $1500 but 2k is about right for a nice one. If its mint, $2200 is not too bad.

I had one in near mint condition that I sold within 2 weeks of listing it for $2300. That also happens to be what I paid for it. Congo is a fun pin for sure with great sound and shot layout. I miss it. Congrats DougPiranha!!

#19 11 years ago

Can I unsee this thread, I am getting Congo fever...

#20 11 years ago

I had mine for 4 days its a great machine! Tonight it shut off and midnight madness came up on the screen and balls kept being fired up the shooter it was mayhem and real fun

After I quickly surfed the web and found out what I had experienced

Regards Dave

#21 11 years ago

Midnight Madness is awesome! I purposely mess with the clock on my WhoDunnit to play it sometimes lol. I still have not had an opportunity to play this game, and would love to. Maybe someday...

#22 11 years ago

Sent him a offer of around 2k too. The only thing that bothered me was that it looked to be out of a storage locker. Acid damage? No reply. Guess he is going to wait it out. Picking up another pin from Chicago this weekend. Hate to make the drive, but you do what you have to.

#23 11 years ago

Wonder if anyone has ever found a trove of pinball machines in a storage wars kind of scenario?

Regards Dave

#24 11 years ago

Congo is an awesome game!
I was thinking on selling a machine to finance Tron and my wife said: "you are not selling the monkey are you?????"... and i said: "of course not...the monkey rocks!"

- i will NEVER sell this one -

#25 11 years ago

"Selling the Monkey"! LMAO

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from MES:

The only thing that bothered me was that it looked to be out of a storage locker.

Those are'nt his pics, he did not have pics...kinda weird with the bad communication. This one may be a scam or something.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from MES:

Guess he is going to wait it out. Picking up another pin from Chicago this weekend. Hate to make the drive, but you do what you have to

What did you get? I am guessing my CFTBL was too expensive after I did not hear back from my PM?

#28 11 years ago

Don't laugh, but I'm picking up a Austin Powers. Little more in my budget right now and with it being in the bar I am sure it will do well. South Park is still the biggest money maker out of my games right behind the Skee Ball machines. Creech is still on my list, trying to maybe sell off one or two games to help get a B/W game. I only have the one right now.

Quoted from DougPiranha:What did you get? I am guessing my CFTBL was too expensive after I did not hear back from my PM?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kinda-liking-this-congo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.