Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Peer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

killbill.jpg
    image.jpg
    pw_hpR.jpg
    Kill-bill-kill-bill-8382808-1810-1175.jpg
    Pussy Wagon.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Wondering if a KILL BILL pinball would have enough of a following to produce. Would have to kill everyone to get to Bill with a slew of modes like Copperhead's Kitchen Duel, Black Mamba Mode, Gogo Yubari Mode, The Bride Mode, Snake Charmer Mode, Sofie Fatale Mode but best of all Pussy Wagon Mode.

Hell this would be a deep pin ...with the messed vocals of Quentin and the gang.....

Kill-bill-kill-bill-8382808-1810-1175.jpgKill-bill-kill-bill-8382808-1810-1175.jpg
    pw_hpR.jpgpw_hpR.jpg
    Pussy Wagon.jpgPussy Wagon.jpg

BONUS: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1521225/ (the 3rd movie is currently in the works)

#2 9 years ago

Now that's a helluva good theme. I'd consider buying for sure. Could probably get the man himself (Tarantino) to do v.o.'s. Seems like he'd be hip to it.

#3 9 years ago

God I hope not.

#4 9 years ago

The pussy wagon would have to hold balls like the couch on TSPP.

#5 9 years ago

Usually I dislike this kind of thread. Wouldn't XYZ make a great game? However, you got me on this one. If the play lived up to the great theme, I'm in. Let my Hanzo loose on the Crazy 88 mode!!! 88 shots needed to beat it, the hardest wizard mode ever made.

#6 9 years ago

+1 for Kill Bill

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Usually I dislike this kind of thread. Wouldn't XYZ make a great game? However, you got me on this one. If the play lived up to the great theme, I'm in. Let my Hanzo loose on the Crazy 88 mode!!! 88 shots needed to beat it, the hardest wizard mode ever made.

Black Mamba multiball?

#8 9 years ago

88 shots throughout the entire to get to the crazy 88 mode would be cool too instead of 88 to complete the mode.

#9 9 years ago

Defiantly a top 10 (or 5 theme for me), but after being disappointed in my number 1 theme choice (X-Men...comic) I would defiantly take a wait and see approach.

#10 9 years ago

Killing Bill in the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart finale - too cool.

#11 9 years ago

Had this Idea and posted it a few times on Pinside already. The last time was about a month ago.
    The thread was: "Best pinball machines never made, OR the 'dream theme' thread".

" Kill Bill Vol 1&2: Mode pin based on snakes Copperhead Sidewinder ,California Mountain Snake,Cottonmouth,and ending with Black Mamba vs Snake Charmer."(Bill)" -Seemed like a good choice with Pulp Fiction being my alternate choice. The music solidifies these as great candidates for an awesome pin especially when adding in a HD screen for fight scene clips etc.

#12 9 years ago

Jason Bourne should have a pin
    And so is The Mummy..........Imohtep, Imohtep...

But I really enjoyed the Kill Bill movies, why not...

#13 9 years ago

I can't think of another movie that has more dialogue and music perfectly suited for a pin. Just imagine how cool it would be if this started playing when multiball starts ...

#14 9 years ago

Yes!!!!! Make this happen!!! A Bride LE would be sweet!!

#15 9 years ago

I was playing with pinball browser and the early X-Men code about a year ago and this fits right in the villain select music slot. Needless to say I never hit both flipper buttons to actually select. I would get the screen on the selection I wanted and let it time out and make the selection automatically. It was timed perfectly.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I can't think of another movie that has more dialogue and music perfectly suited for a pin. Just imagine how cool it would be if this started playing when multiball starts ...
    » YouTube video

I'm ready to send in the check!!

#17 9 years ago

Hmm. I had never thought about it, but most Tarantino films would make great pins. Kill Bill vol. 3 has been announced as well...

His films usually have a great mix of serious and humorous tone. There are also lots of mode and multiball possibilities and the callouts and music would be great. The problem in terms of licensing a theme would be that it would be a big unknown if the film would be successful before it is released (see: DeathProof, although it would make a great pin!). With Kill Bill being a proven franchise, this might happen! I think a Kill Bill pin based on all three film would have great possibilities for rules, toys, and artwork!

He is apparently also working on a Western called The Hateful Eight.

#18 9 years ago

The pin would have to contain a samurai sword of some sort somewhere....like the ramp they have currently going form one side to the other on the LE's like the ice ramp on xmen...only it would have to be available on the PRO

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

The pin would have to contain a samurai sword of some sort somewhere....like the ramp they have currently going form one side to the other on the LE's like the ice ramp on xmen...only it would have to be available on the PRO

And clear.

#20 9 years ago

Your wish looks like it will be granted. From the guys who did Matrix they teased this,

Follow them on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Pinnovating

#21 9 years ago

Tarantino, more than any other filmmaker I can think of, has a knack for choosing just the right music to accompany a scene. It's almost as if he chooses the music first, and then builds the scene around it. He also often picks music which at first would seem to be an odd choice, but nevertheless fits like a glove. A perfect example of this would be when he used Jim Croce's "I Got a Name" in Django Unchained ...

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Your wish looks like it will be granted. From the guys who did Matrix they teased this,
    » YouTube video
    Follow them on facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/Pinnovating

Sweeeeeeettttt!!!!

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Tarantino, more than any other filmmaker I can think of, has a knack for choosing just the right music to accompany a scene.

Think a little harder

#24 9 years ago

If we're talking Tarantino movies, I'd rather see a Pulp Fiction pin.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Res dogs for me, the only one I can stand all the way thru. Pulp has great parts, but the whole is a mess.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Pulp Fiction would also be good,but Kill Bill just has that cool yet campy feel that keeps it from being too dark and a vibe with theme, color, action, and music combined that make it a front runner.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Wondering if a KILL BILL pinball would have enough of a following to produce. Would have to kill everyone to get to Bill with a slew of modes like Copperhead's Kitchen Duel, Black Mamba Mode, Gogo Yubari Mode, The Bride Mode, Snake Charmer Mode, Sofie Fatale Mode but best of all Pussy Wagon Mode.
    Hell this would be a deep pin ...with the messed vocals of Quentin and the gang.....

BONUS: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1521225/ (the 3rd movie is currently in the works)

Pussy Wagon.jpg 18 KB

Kill-bill-kill-bill-8382808-1810... 147 KB

pw_hpR.jpg 101 KB

Didn't think of Gogo Yubari mode in my original post,but that would be cool also, especially with a HD screen showing clips of that fight. Pussy Wagon could be an LE option or off/on in menu as a standard machine would have to be family friendly to have market appeal.

#28 9 years ago

Pinnovating is making a KB themed pin. That's great news and can't wait to see what they come up with, though I'd prefer a production model. Played the Matrix at MPE and was very impressed with the quality of that mod. The only other theme I would buy sight unseen is The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

4 months later
    #29 9 years ago

Hehehe, nice presentation at the DPO Expo last weekend. Would've linked pictures but they're Not exactly SFW.

It's going to be a "re-themed" World Cup Soccer '94.

#30 9 years ago

I'm excited to see this, but if it is just another re-theme we can't buy...then I shall be sad. I kept JM for a year longer than expected, waiting to see if a matrix kit would come.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from goalzzz:

It's going to be a "re-themed" World Cup Soccer '94

clearly these guys are capable of code and artwork. Is it really that hard to go the next step and simply layout a custom playfield? I suppose at the very least if they did want to build more than a one-off, and got the rights, they could always contact the xtreme pinball guys (or spooky pinball) and get new playfields made. Ramps aren't impossible to recreate, but that shooter lane might be tricky without investing in tooling (unless they're going to create a shooter lane design).

#32 9 years ago

Anyone have info on where I can get the Japanese box set of Kill Bill? I don't ebay so that's not an option - thanks!!

And please, just make ONE version of this pinball, the LE, XR, LM, ABC versions of pins is soooo lame...........

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Anyone have info on where I can get the Japanese box set of Kill Bill? I don't ebay so that's not an option - thanks!!
    And please, just make ONE version of this pinball, the LE, XR, LM, ABC versions of pins is soooo lame...........

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-71-99-15-kill+bill.html

This is probably just like their matrix game, and will be only a few games not for retail sale :/

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sega:

Hmm. I had never thought about it, but most Tarantino films would make great pins. blockquote>

+1

#35 9 years ago

Pinnovating Dutch Pinball is doing this as a converted WCS94

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #36 9 years ago

Northvibe, looks like all the Japanese uncuts are out-of-print.....great.....

also, whatever happened to the supposed re-release of the Gridhouse combo box including all the fake retro-horror trailers???

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Northvibe, looks like all the Japanese uncuts are out-of-print.....great.....
    also, whatever happened to the supposed re-release of the Gridhouse combo box including all the fake retro-horror trailers???

OH...damn. Man there isn't much else place to buy a set like that except a collector forum, or ebay I was actually wanting to watch KB the other week!

!@#$@#$ Grindhouse?! I was suppose to watch that set...crap....Must...do...that...asap!

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

This is probably just like their matrix game, and will be only a few games not for retail sale :/

Well, not for retail no. Yet there are a few people with that Matrix machine at home.

I know they have been looking into acquiring the Matrix license and getting it into production at JJP or Stern (can't remember which one of them) but it would've been too expensive.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Think a little harder
    » YouTube video

Oh man... no way! That's the perfect track for that scene. Layla is all all adrenaline and raunch and good times being bad - enjoying living life on the edge, being bad and getting away with it and enjoying it, but knowing the good times will end when you get caught (he wrote it for George Harrison's wife, they had kind of a triangle thing going on).

Then boom, it all crashes and it all comes down, and it's sad and slow and introspective. It's the perfect song for the turning point of the movie!

Also, Kill Bill would be a wicked awesome pin! The movie lends itself so well to it. Beatrix has to progress through increasingly difficult challenges one by one, travelling around the globe. I can half picture the machine and the toys already. Not to mention she starts the movie by coming back to life... replay gimmick.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from goalzzz:

Well, not for retail no. Yet there are a few people with that Matrix machine at home.

I know they have been looking into acquiring the Matrix license and getting it into production at JJP or Stern (can't remember which one of them) but it would've been too expensive.

black market kit...thats all I wanted

#41 9 years ago

This would be an awesome theme. So much you could do with it. They could even use anime style art, which would look way cooler than photos of the actors.

#42 9 years ago

Rather have a Kung Fu pin based on 70's kung fu movies, or Japanimation films like Ninja Scroll.

2 weeks later
    #43 9 years ago

Update on FB

De avonden worden weer kort en Kill.
    Zou er nog stiekem iemand lanskomen, zoals Klaas, Piet of Bill.
    Toch zeker geen Ma, Trix of Sylvester?
    Ik laat me dit jaar liever verblijden, door iets materialistisch van Pinnovating, om mij te verleiden.
    Iets als een nieuwe flipperkast. Een echte op ware grootte, die zeker niet in mijn schoentje past.
    Eentje die alles in zich heeft, een mooi kabinet en een diep spel, met mooie lichtjes en magneetjes, grove teksten en bruut geweld en natuurlijk een stoere vrouw als actie held.
    Als ik dat zou wensen... zou dat teveel gevraagd zijn van de Sint... zou hij weten, met al dat gesjouw en geprogrammeer, waaraan hij begint?
    Een ding is in ieder geval zeker, mijn kerst is dan vroeg gekomen.
    Een kastje om van te dromen, zo mooi en fijn, want dromen moet je groot, want alleen dan kan morgen alles anders zijn.

Pin-terklaas

Translation:
    The nights are short and Kill again.
    Would someone secretly lans, such as Kadhim, Piet or Bill.
    Surely no Ma, Trix or Sylvester?
    I prefer this year let me rejoice, by something to trick me by Pinnovating, materialistic.
    Something like a new pinball machine. A real full size, which is certainly not in my shoe fits.
    One that everything in it, a beautiful Cabinet and a deep game, with pretty lights and magnets, grove texts and brute force and of course a tough woman as action hero.
    If I would like ... could that be too much to ask of the St. ... would he know, with all that heavy lifting and geprogrammeer, to which he starts?
    In any case, one thing is for sure, my Christmas is come early.
    A cupboard to dream, so beautiful and fine, because you have great dreams, because only then can all be different tomorrow.

PIN-tabane

killbill.jpgkillbill.jpg

They posted this for us
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

4 months later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kill-bill-pinball-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.