Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Plumonium
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2763 (resized).JPG
    20151209_171202.jpg
    kids.jpg
    1433347889785147151845.jpg
    emiliapinball.jpg
    Fun.JPG
    pinreach.jpg
    atticus-300x260.jpg
    IMG_20150516_200029816.jpg
    20150425_175111_zpsk45vsohf.JPG
    20140922_074431_zpsttgzh4pp.JPG
    20140922_161955_zpspfwhttqi.JPG
    20130922_144233_zpscc6f805e.JPG
    IMG_20140713_121010_765.jpg
    IMG_1573.JPG
    Marcs phone pics 3 7 2013 054.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 years ago

My three year old girl mashes the flippers, but not always, and usually only when the ball is kind of near or on the flipper. I try and get after her for it and she'll do a few nicely hit shots. I've also aside from the two I have also have a mini-pin that Tomy Astro Shooter, she just mashes the crap out of it so I stopped letting her play because she doesn't understand it's not powered so her going nuts puts no power into the shots so it just never scores. She's learning, and it's not like i play them every single day for a bunch of quarters so I don't see her wearing the stuff out considering they're meant for public beatings.

#63 8 years ago

I think when he said if they're old enough to reach, he meant both buttons at the same time, not a height requirement. I have one of those ottoman fabric/wood cubes with the small pillow top to it that sits under my PinBot and when she wants to play I just slide it out. Perfect height, hands reach the sides quite nicely. She'll do a few games until frustration sets in and I just keep trying to coach her to hit the flipper when needed otherwise it tends to whack it back down into the center anyway with a crappy ricochet. She learns, I kept on her about starting four player games, and that came to a stop after a couple of weeks and hasn't happened since. I just kept switching it off and restarting it or just leaving it off, it made my point.

The most wear I notice isn't her fault, it's just the age of the game and how finicky the setup on it may be. The Gold Ball I have is a love hate situation as it's a speedy low scoring EM wannabe that loves to go down the center or right a lot. But, it is fun, a good coach on learning aiming shots, and it requires no maintenance. PinBot I love, but at times I get mad at it because it seems that flipping run up to and through the vortex is so pissy that you could fart in the tables general direction and it won't be happy enough to cleanly repeat the same shot to the top sometimes banging apparent thin air to a 5K shot or it'll run fast to the top, or creep there...total mystery. I have to tweak it ever so often which I don't like having to do, but I do it. Maybe if I were smarter at fixing/rigging these things I could bulletproof that better, but I have no idea.

2 months later
    #85 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Yep. If they need a stool, they game isn't for them. Pinball isn't a little kids toy. I don't need every game running on 4 player while some out of control kid runs from machine to machine button mashing start and every other bottom he sees at his eye level.

I'd agree to a point with this if the kids refuse to listen. Mine needs to stand on a square ottoman I have, but she doesn't mash, doesn't rub all over the glass, even keeps her drink if she has one off the table completely. It was fairly quick to break her in to behave because if she lit up more than 1P at a time when I'd warn her, I'd flip it off and tell her go away and play with something else. She'd flip out and wail, then go do something else and learned quickly it was my way or the highway. Now she plays well for her age I think, tries her best at it, and doesn't flipper mash as she really does try and hit the thing at the right moment and the right one too.

Msch, remember you were conceived at some point too. >:]

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kids-to-young-to-play-pinball?tu=Tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.